MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBQ1965

Quote from: DBQ1965 on March 19, 2021, 08:11:08 PM
Granted it was a shortened season, but going undefeated on the way to the ARC Championship should warrant a photo and story on D3Hoops.

My apologies. I just found both. My bad. ::)
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

doolittledog

In what is "likely" the final basketball poll of the season.  Dubuque finishes 7th in the nation.  The Spartans highest end of season ranking.

https://www.d3hoops.com/top25/index
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

SpartyBlue

Quote from: doolittledog on March 26, 2021, 10:49:17 AM
In what is "likely" the final basketball poll of the season.  Dubuque finishes 7th in the nation.  The Spartans highest end of season ranking.

https://www.d3hoops.com/top25/index

It's a great accomplishment even in this Covid bizzaro year.  I thought top 5 was warranted--undefeated is undefeated-- IWU and Marietta lost to teams who finished 3-11 and 2-6 respectively, but so it goes. 

doolittledog

Here is a link to a tweet I found interesting.

https://twitter.com/dirttrailrunnr/status/1382714549607002113

I'm old enough to remember when a 6'8 kid was slow, plodding, and camped out under the basket to grab rebounds and take passes from the pg to shoot 5 ft bank shots.  Zimmerman is running the floor and draining 3's like he's a shooting guard.  Fun to watch how the game has changed during my lifetime. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

SpartyBlue

It will be interesting to see how the Spartans look by November, as of now here is the probable scenario:

Probable Losses

Patrick Mayfield 6'5 G 1st team all-conference 17.1ppg, 18/34 52.9 3 pt. %  It looks like Mayfield may be headed for a Division I roster as a walk-on. Big loss for UD if this pans out.

Avery Butler 6' 8" C 5.3 ppg 4.9 rpg  5th year senior was solid contributor and shot blocker.

Justin Smith 6' 4" F 3.5 ppg 2.5 rpg

Recruits

Cale Amos 6' 0" G
Alex Coppes 5' 10" G 19.8 ppg 50/40/80 as a senior
Jacob Bonnema 6' 5" F
Jamari Ward 6' 1" G
Ethan Ryan 6' 2" G

Probable Returners

Sam Kilburg 5' 9" SO. G 2nd team all-conference 12.6 ppg 45 assists 40.4 3 pt. % Super crafty point guard, heady passer and showed ability to decision make at a high level and score in the paint at his size in multiple ways. Purists delight.

Peter Ragan 6' 4" 5th year senior F, ARC player of the year, 17.8 ppg 6.1 rpg  41.5 3 pt. %  Showed huge offensive improvement at late stage of career, energy guy, warrior every team loves to have.

Levi Scheuermann 6' 3" JR. F honorable mention all-conference, 9.6 ppg 4.5 rpg 50% 3 pt.%  Strong bodied 5 man who has the ability to stretch defenses with timely shooting.

Brock Simon 6' 5" JR. F ARC defensive player of the year, 5.8 ppg 4.2 rpg   Bouncy athletic, can guard multiple positions, showed skill improvement this year.

Keegan Zimmerman 6' 8" JR. F honorable mention all-conference 6 ppg 3.9 rpg 47.4 3 pt.%  Long stretch 4, can shoot three and run the floor, added strength and weight this year, can play 3 through 5.

Trent Fitzpatrick 5' 10' SR. G 4.6 ppg 44 3 pt.% Valuable back up point guard, another three point shooting weapon you can't leave open.

Hunter Snyder 6' 2" JR. G 3.9 ppg 55.6 3 pt.%  Backup guard, yet another three threat.

Carter Stevens 5' 10" JR. G 2.8 ppg   Saw limited action due to injury, but was 14 mpg guy his freshman year as backup point guard.

Josh Hammer 6'2 F JR. G 1.6 ppg Strong body, good defender and energy guy off the bench.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

They took Mayfield off the 20-21 roster page, so I'd suspect he's gone.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

SpartyBlue

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on May 03, 2021, 12:42:35 PM

They took Mayfield off the 20-21 roster page, so I'd suspect he's gone.

Mayfield officially committed to D1 University of Akron.

SpartyBlue

Word is UD will travel down rt. 61 to open @Augustana.  Spartans vs. Vikings, let's go!

SpartyBlue

UD 2021-22 schedule is posted:    https://udspartans.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Good matchup with Augustana, otherwise relatively easy non-cons with Blackburn, UW-Stout, Edgewood, and Finlandia.  Tournaments in Memphis and Ft. Lauderdale.

doolittledog

Quote from: SpartyBlue on July 29, 2021, 01:20:19 PM
UD 2021-22 schedule is posted:    https://udspartans.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Good matchup with Augustana, otherwise relatively easy non-cons with Blackburn, UW-Stout, Edgewood, and Finlandia.  Tournaments in Memphis and Ft. Lauderdale.

Any recruiting news? Everybody coming back...other than Mayfield?

Next Man Up

NWU RECRUITS

Seth Newton, 6'5" PG/SG from Canon City, CO who averaged 13.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 5.6 APG

Carter Glenn, 5'11" SG/PG from Lincoln East who averaged 19.4 PPG,4.6 RPG, 3.7 APG

Brayton Christensen, 6'5" SF from Lincoln Southwest who averaged 11.3 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 1.2 APG
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

Next Man Up

LORAS RECRUITS

Tyler Bass, 6'5" 160 lb Wing from Washington IL HS (couldn't find stats)

Connor Benson, 6'5" 195 SF/PF from St. Viator HS in Arlington Htgs, IL (no stats)

Kyle Traphagan, 6'3" Wing from Geneseo IL HS who averaged 9.3 PPG, 3.2 RPG, and 2.7 APG

Jared Pearson, 6'1" SG from Maine West in Des Plaines IL who averaged 19.1 PPG, 7.1 RPG, and shot 41% from the field, 35% from three, and 81% from the line.

Garrett Burdin, 6'2" 175 SG from Rochelle IL HS who averaged 19.2 PPG, and 7.2 RPG, and shot 45.1% from the field, and 37.4% from three.
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Next Man Up

BUENA VISTA RECRUIT

Mitchell Brooks, a 6'0" 180 lb PG from Ridgewood HS in Woodhull, IL who averaged 15 PPG, 3 RPG, and 2.3 APG, and shot 40% from the field, and 76% from the line.

doolittledog

Next Man Up with the recruiting info. Thanks for the updates...and keep it coming!

Next Man Up

CENTRAL RECRUITS

Nick Reid, 6'1" 165 lb PG from Marmion Military Academy in Aurora, IL (can't find any stats)

Jake Harris, 6'3" 225 F from Chicago Mt. Carmel averaged 1.5 PPG, and 1.0 RPG

Chase Divito, 6'4" 190 SF from Yorkville Christian averaged 7.5 PPG, 5.3 RPG, and 2.0 APG

Sean Czajkowski, 6'4" 175 SF from Taylorville, IL HS averaged 7.0 PPG, and 4.0 RPG. 55% from the field, 72% from the line.

Tyler Wildermuth, 5'11" PG from York HS in Elmhurst, IL averaged 12.0 PPG, and 4.0 APG

Wyatt Shirley, 6'2" PG from Taylorville IL HS averaged 14.7 PPG, 3.7 RPG, and 3.8 APG. Shot 52% from the field, and 77% from the line