MBB: Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference

Started by upb88, March 04, 2005, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justafanofthegame

Sean as i have said all season I do believe you had alot to do with the success of your team this year and it was a great turn around from previous years of action, hopefully Hilbert is on their way up in this division for years to come but both Gioia and your shoes are not going to be easily filled, especially yours not so much from extremely overtalented but the relationship you and Coach Rob have had now for a while. As far as peterson I think he is a very talented player but the simple point of only playing in 17 games probaly hurt his chances some.  As far as Perioli I was down on him earlier this year too, when he came on the board talking smack, but in all honesty he really didn't have much of a supporting cast better yet he had No supporting cast at all, the team this year really missed Smith and A. Gioia from last years team. I really don't know what happened to either but Smith was a very good player and Perioli sure could have used Gioia because they badly needed another guard to help him out and the coaches son surely wasn't the answer. Plus Bryant was an absolute bust this year, but a new coach can have bad affects on players that aren't their own (meaning that they did not recruit them). Whatever happened with that program no one knows but 0-25  after winning a conference championship the year before is almost humorous.  In all honesty I believe that you deserved more of a look at all-conference than Jason or Anthony because a kid like you who worked hard without much of a supporting cast yourself and actually had a very good year (ECAC player of the week) should have got  a look. And yes I played but now my playing days are long over and I can simply critique the games of current players.

hoopstar

Petersen didnt get any looks because he was kicked off the team for illegal drug use...and only played 17 games, so that is a let down to his team, and certainly not all-conference worthy...peioli..he is an average player on a horrible team...two things working against him...i'd say the players with a reasonable chance who got left off were kenney, dan thomas from bradford, clint mullen from greensburg, and robert williams from lake erie

justafanofthegame

Hoopstar..I would agree with you on most of what you said, not once did I say Perioli was a stud by any means, I just gave the reasons why his team was possibly the worst in the nation while, they should h.

hoopstar

Fan ~ yeah i understand, i wasn't tryin to rebut you or anything, i was just giving an opinion to cash's comments...i know your whole argument, sorry if it looked like i was coming at you!! or coming at anyone for that matter

hoopstar

By the way...did anyone see the all-region teams...Greensburg's Kevin Conlon was a third-team all great lakes region selection....thats a great honor for a young man who had a fine career in this conference...I've talked to many in this conference...coaches and players...who all agree that Conlon is not only a great player but a great kid..so congrats to him

justafanofthegame

No i didn't take it like that at all, sorry if it sounded that way

ballfan

Let me add my congratulations to Kevin Conlon..nice to see him get recognized..and he is only 45 mins from here..his hometown that is

So the tournaments have started...
NIT action first...and Vandy over Indiana..who have to wonder what Coach Davis fate will be>
anyone watch the Town Meeting tonight on ESPN regarding paying student athletes?  What a joke...You have coaches and AD and the president of the NCAA..some players and the representative of the collegiate athletes...well at one point and I will try to be brief..Myles Brand...NCAA pres, and President of IU.(coach knights old boss) made a comment that only about 12 DivI schools where operating in the black!!! that they made very little money off college athletics..I am not an economists but if he is teaching that class at IU, then those students are in trouble..

I am curious how everyone else here feels about paying student athletes..anyone want to weigh in?  Me i am in favor of paying them what they do those students that have work study ie:  library aids...etc

ballfan

So the NCAA Elite 8 are set!  What a night of college basketball...Duke gone...UNC well they hung in there with a very strong Villanove team..gotta love those Big East players...I see Kentucky won too!
so that makes today and tomorrow pretty interesting in the game of basketball..
me my pool picks are almost done...I have UNC winning it all but the Duke loss made my Final 4 done

I know my ABCs and 123s!

Husky40

New to the board and would like to get some information about Frostburg State men's basketball.  What information can posters offer about the program, team, recruits, and coach.  If someone is a 6'3" combo guard with very good skills and plays best in a system and is looking at attending FSU next year, is there anything one can offer about playing basketball there?  How does FSU compare to other D3 schools such as Hood College, Mary Washington, Salisbury,  York, Shenandoak, Christoher Newport, and two D2 schools - Davis & Elkins and Bloomsburg U?

zonescantstopme

Husky whats up

I was a recruit for frostburg for this upcoming season but decided to attend another school in nj.  I was told by coach hatch and the assistants at the time brown/saunders that I was one of their top three recruits.  Anything you need to know please feel free to im me or email me.  aim- zonescantstopme   yahoo- sincereballa15  and i will tell you everything I know.  I am even familiar with alot of the returning players from playing against them in junior college on my recruiting trip and just random areas.  I also played with alot of the recruits in the summer.

FSU Bobcats

The hazing incident at FSU is certainly bad press, and not really surprising since I'm an alum.

FSU has had some bad alchol related incidents.  A few Greek organizations have been kicked off of the campus because of alcohol-related incidents and I knew a few athletes who told me some really unbelieveable stories.

I think it's something that goes on at a lot of schools, but that doesn't mean it's right.

NewportPlayer3

Whos looking good for the AMCC champs.....

watch out for altoona

BOKNOWSBBALL

Just wanted to see who was looking good this weekend in their tip off tourneys?

I saw Behrend play and they looked strong with two pretty good wins over favorable opponents.

Hawk Backer

Conference play opens up this weekend.  Lets take a look at where everyone is at.

Lake Erie - Coming off an impressive victory over D2 Edinboro, the Storm head north to take on Medaille and Hilbert, both of which should be easy victories.  Lake Erie is led by conference Preseason Player of the Year Jajcen Harris, and his 7.5 pts and 4.5 rebounds.  The backcourt of Richardson and Williams with Washington off the bench is as good as there is in D3. 

LaRoche will also make the trip up to Buffalo this weekend.  Sophomore sensation Devin Taylor, the AMCC newcomer of the year last season, has not played in the Redhawks first two games.  If he sits out this weekend, LaRoche will have to rely on a mainly perimeter attack led by senior Stacey Grady, averaging 19.0 pts/gm.

Medaille is again struggling this year, and are winless in its last 28 games.  James McNeil is averaging 22.3 ppg, but is also averaging 23 attempts per game as well.  Look for the Mavs to continue their losing ways.  They are getting better, though.

The Hawks of Hilbert have been competitive in their first three games, losing in overtime at Hobart and on a buzzer beater at Keuka.  Hilbert, coming off a surprising 10 win season a year ago, have received some nice production from a pair of newcomers inside.  Corey VanderSluis is averaging 16.0 and 7.3 boards and Ron Dussett is contributing 7.3 and 7.7.  I believe they have a good chance to beat LaRoche on Friday, but will have its hands full on Saturday.

Penn State Behrend takes its unblemished record on the road to Frostburg State and Pitt-Greensburg.  6-7 center Kevin Buczynski is a force down low for the Lions, and David Gahan gives the team a potent 1-2 punch down low. 

Frostburg State has played 5 games already this season and have been pretty successful thus far.  A quartet of players average in double-figures, led by Daniel Ryley's 17.0.  The Bobcats should beat Pitt-Bradford, but will have a tough time against the Behrend "system".

Greensburg also takes on Bradford and Behrend this weekend.  Losing last sesaon's POY Kevin Conlon has slowed the Bobcats down a bit, but they are still a dangerous bunch with Mr. Everything Duke Cooper running the show.  Cooper is averaging 15.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.8 assists per contest, should contend for all-AMCC recognition and has a good shot at becoming the second consecutive Greensburg player voted MVP of the league.

Pitt Bradford enters conference play averaging a ridiculous 97.8 PPG as a team, as a result of facing both Marietta and Westminster, who like to play uptempo (think Aloysius).  Junior Ryan Race showed glimpses of his potential last season, but this year has exploded.  He leads the conference with a 27.6 scoring average, more than doubling his average of a year ago.  I'm not sold on Bradford yet, because they haven't really played anyone with a normal gameplan and won.  We shall see.

Mt. Aloysius and Penn State Altoona play in a matchup of impressive swing players.  Tyler Franklin and Roman Mims are two of the most talented players in the AMCC, and that matchup alone would be worth watching this game. 

Good luck to all schools.