MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitchenrat

Damn! Its bad enough that that jackass went to the same school as I did but to also be from the same state just makes me mad. I've said it before and I'll say it again telling people they have no life for doing the same thing as you do, only better is just a sign of low IQ. Get back in the IROC and head back to Jersey pal. (I'm Italian so dont take that as a slur.)
Should be interesting to see how the game starts in the Kitchen on Saturday. I know UMW is as upset w/their loss as We are...if not more. Both teams could come out too over hyped and play sloppy for the first few trips down the court or we could see another classic game with both teams on point for 40 (or 45) min.
Vita nostra brevis est
Brevi finietur.
Venit mors velociter
Rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

Pat Coleman

Regarding the last time out, Coach Gamber was right next to an official as the ball came in and I believe the whistle blew right on Gamber's call.

They may have been taken aback by Satalin's miss, considering it was only his third all season.

It was a three-second call. Doesn't mean it was necessarily on Zerfing, though. When they call three seconds it doesn't come with a number.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Truck

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 19, 2006, 10:27:42 AM
Regarding the last time out, Coach Gamber was right next to an official as the ball came in and I believe the whistle blew right on Gamber's call.

They may have been taken aback by Satalin's miss, considering it was only his third all season.

It was a three-second call. Doesn't mean it was necessarily on Zerfing, though. When they call three seconds it doesn't come with a number.

When Statalin was shooting free throws, there were 5.3 seconds left. Gamber expected the free throws to be made and the plan was to throw the ball past halfcourt and call a timeout so that they can start on CUA's side of the court.

When Statalin missed and the rebound was grabbed, Gamber quickly called TO and one of the refs was next to him.

Many York fans felt that time should have been put on the clock - there were now 4 seconds left in the game.

Regarding the 3 second call, I think it was on Zerfing b/c he was down low in the paint looking to go up. There was another York player on the other side of the blocks but I don't know if he was in the paint or not.

Commitment, Hard Work, No Shortcuts

cugrad

Both Zerfing and, I think it was Singer were in the lane. Singer had the ball and was trying to get it to Zerfing. I think he had trouble handling the ball and one of them were called for three seconds. I don't remember Bushey being knocked down, however, I do remember the foul called against Satelin that Matt refers to. Concerning York's defense, they were definitely playing zone at times. For much of the second half, they shut down Catholic playing what looked like a 2-3 zone. Not too many people have talked about the job that Patrick Dwyer did last night. He played like an All American! Without a doubt, it was Dwyer and Stoltzenthaler who made the difference last night. They did a great job on both ends of the court. Indeed, winning in York will be quite a challenge. But the Cards must not overlook any CAC oppoment, for there are no automatic wins this year.

John Rusnak

Pat, for whatever it's worth, York has a tendency to play a very sagging man that looks like a zone.  They've used it against Goucher for years.  Depending on whether or not they are switching any screens and where players are positioned, it's very possible for their man to look like a zone.

Of course, I couldn't see the game from my cell, so it's possible that they were in fact playing a zone.

bisonpride

Gallaudet Bison went and lost to St. Mary's, 83-77. The Bison fall to 8-7 overall and 2-3 in the conference. It's Gallaudet's third straight conference losses after 2-0 start, it drop them to 5th place. The halftime score was in favor of St. Mary's 36-31.

After Tyson Lesesne scored with 11:29 remaining in second half, it gave St. Mary's the largest lead of the game, 59-46. All sudden, Gallaudet begin other comeback run like they did at Hood, they went 18-6 run to cut it back to just 1 point game (65-64) with just 5:51 left in the clock. But at end, St. Mary's made keys free throws at the final minute to pull it away.

St. Mary's

Lesesne - 27 points (game high), 7 assists and 2 steals in 40 minutes
Engelstad - 13 points (7-8 FT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals
Wise - 13 points and 5 rebounds
Bushell - 10 points and 6 rebounds

Gallaudet
Haney, Jr. - 19 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and a block in 38 minutes
Jackson - 16 points (all in 2nd half), 8 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 assists
Eby - 13 points on 5-6 FG, and 5 rebounds
Mowl - 6 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds in 36 minutes

Bench points- GAL 32,SMC 17. Score tied-2 times. Lead changed-4 times.

On saturday, it would be a thrill and rivalry game in the Field House, which the Gallaudet Bison (8-7, 2-3) will host the neighborhood, Catholic Cardinals at 4pm. It probably expect to be close to be or will be a full house for the game.

PS - To York fans, sorry but see.. I told you that the Catholic will win against YCP and they actually did walk away with the victory at the DuFour.  :)

x33ycp

Yeah, I would be willing to bet it was one foot in the lane unless your on the ball,  not a true zone. It has alot of zone principles, but it is just packed in man to man. Big game at Wolf Gym tomorrow!!

Prediction----

YCP--84
UMW- 70

York will come up big tomorrow.

Matt Letourneau

Well that may be, but believe it, was more like 4-6 feet in the lane at all times!  Seriously, they had 2 guys parked deep inside suffocating Sowden for a good portion of the game. 

Sort of a tough game for Catholic at Gallaudet, especially coming off the big York win.  Their place is not a particularly comfortable one to go into, and they're always very physical.  I'll be hoping for a tightly officiated game.

mwgoonie

This game against York will be a real tell about the rest of UMW's season. Come up big with a win......MW will still be in the mix, at least to make things interesting until the end of the CAC tourney.

A loss on the otherhadn might break a young team like this. I'm sure Coach Wood will get them prepared.

Go Eagles

jmccloskey

From what I read in the NCAA Division III Bylaws, a conference can maintain it's eligiblity for the NCAA tournament as long as it maintains seven NCAA eligible institutions in the conference, four of which are "core" members.  But the seven members don't need to have been in the conference for two years.  If this is right, the CAC won't lose it's qualifiers, since Hood and Villa Julie would both be full members for the 2007-2008 academic year, the same year Catholic and Goucher formally depart, leaving the conference with eight members in both Men's and Women's basketball?

Am I reading this right?  Sorry if this has already been discussed in here, and I just missed it.

Jeff McCloskey

Pat Coleman

Jeff,

I don't think it has been discussed, and you are correct in reading the bylaws as such.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

unreallawns

Any predictions for today's games?  I think Salisbury will win by 8 over SMC.

ycp

From the half at York...

York 48-UMW 47

UMW 8-14 from three, 56.3%from the floor
YCP 4-14 from three, 52.6% from the floor

jmccloskey

Hmm, Catholic and Goucher are headed out of the CAC in 2007 for a yet unnamed conference.  Anyone know who else is joining this new conference?  Will Catholic be playing football in the new conference, or are they staying in the ODAC for that?

Jeff McCloskey

Pat Coleman

Here's a blog entry we did on the "Interstate Eight" announcement back in December, and it also has a link to the news story on the site.