MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bisonpride

Gallaudet Bison - 81
@ Christendom - 56

Halftime: GU 41-25

The Bison (11-8, 4-4) will travel to Salisbury to take on the Seagulls this wednesday evening at Maggs Center for other exciting CAC match up. Last game which both teams meet at the Field House which end up with Robert Haney, Jr.'s winning three point shot at the buzzer to seal the 63-60 victory for the Bison in front of home crowd.

Akela15

Damn Grumbacher Center is taking forever to open up.

mwgoonie

Ok, the day is upon us...or not. Anyways, big game tonight. Should be a rockin' crowd -filled old faces and antics. Hoping the spirited crowd can really work both teams into a lather (in an extremely hetero way). Should be a dog fight, or should i say "bird fight".

I'd really like to see Mike Lee return to form tonight.
Seems to me like the team that gets the advantage in the 'bounds department should pull out the victory in this contest.

And, I was hoping that in our "recap" posts, we could refrain from refering the the refs. Ok, we get it, the refs aren't great. factor that into the game.

Go Eagles!

kitchenrat

I never thought i would see the day when i would say this but here I go.... GO CATHOLIC!!!

York has to hold serve against a Goucher team that wont give up against anyone. they can't be looking past the gophers just cause of the record. GO SPARTS!!!
Vita nostra brevis est
Brevi finietur.
Venit mors velociter
Rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

Matt Letourneau

Quote from: mwgoonie on February 01, 2006, 09:08:27 AM
Ok, the day is upon us...or not. Anyways, big game tonight. Should be a rockin' crowd -filled old faces and antics. Hoping the spirited crowd can really work both teams into a lather (in an extremely hetero way). Should be a dog fight, or should i say "bird fight".

I'd really like to see Mike Lee return to form tonight.
Seems to me like the team that gets the advantage in the 'bounds department should pull out the victory in this contest.

And, I was hoping that in our "recap" posts, we could refrain from refering the the refs. Ok, we get it, the refs aren't great. factor that into the game.

Go Eagles!

I hope they'll be a good crowd, too.  I don't think it will approach the crowd for the York game, too.  The Mary Wash people always seemed to consider Catholic a rival more than the other way around.

Catholic is 2nd in the CAC in rebounding margin, Mary Wash is 6th, so I hope that is the deciding factor! One thing that scares me is that Mary Wash is a very good free throw shooting team.  Catholic actually is 3rd statistically, but...its been a  problem--and if you take out Satalin...

Catholic needs to play great defense, it will be interesting to see the way they cover Baker.  I doubt very much they'll let him go off again.  They need to work the ball inside--they're better than Mary Wash in there, but they've got to get the ball to Sowden and Dwyer or it doesn't do it any good.

As for the refs--if they play a role in the game, they should get mentioned.  Hopefully they won't.  Most of the time this year, they haven't.  A couple of games have been terrible.  'Bigger' games seem to get better crews, so hopefully that's the case tonight.

Big game especially for Catholic---I certainly don't want them to have to be on the road in the playoffs for more than 1 game... 

mwgoonie

Yeah, I guess in the traditional sense CUA isn't UMW's rival. However, the 2000's has featured greats games between the two teams everytime they meet. 2001 was Catholics year but since then you could say its been pretty even (winning on each others courts, esp in the tourney, etc.) As for fans....well, let's just say we miss Morley and Dickman.....

The rebound comment specifically meant that with, hopefully, a high energy game there will be more missed shots leading to more rebound opportunities. It could go the other way, where teams hit a goof FG% and the few rebound chances have more of an impact (getting lowpost game going, tempo, change of possesions, etc.)

Also, it'd be great to see CUA get that 4 loss in the CAC.

basketballguru

Todays lines

UMW @ CUA -1
GAL   @ SAL -5.5
YCP   @ GOU +13
MU    @ SMC -3

Last game lines and results

CUA 60 @ Marymount (+3) 57
GAL 78 @ Goucher 66 (+5)
SMC 72 @ UMW 81 (-6.5)
SAL 62 @ YCP 96 (-4)

John Rusnak

Rebounding margin is one of the most overblow, over-looked at statistics ever.

John Rusnak

I'll take the underdog in all four games...

mwgoonie

Then what is the best statistic to look at?

I say which ever team has the most heart wins.

x33ycp

Looking at the remaining schedule...I really think YCP is looking good for the #1 seed. They need to take care of business this week, and then get back at Catholic at home next week (will be a fun night at Wolf to say the least). I agree with Kitchenrat in that it would be huge if CUA could beat UMW tonight. If York then wins out and Salisbury can beat UMW at Sal, and Catholic beats Salisbury at Salisbury (will be VERY tough), York will have a 2 game lead going into the last game of the year @UMW. I really dont want the conference #1 seed to come down to that last game at UMW, although im not sure who would win the tiebreaker. Alot of info and still very early, but just some thoughts....if YCP gets the #1 seed....Wolf Gym will close down with a 33 game home winning streak...bank on it. Im intersted if CUA has ever had a home court winning streak this long? Matt do you have any info in that?

Matt Letourneau

Well, rebounding margin may be overblown, but if you combine that with total rebounds, defensive/offensive, you can get a pretty good picture and Catholic is 2nd across the board.  Its safe to say they're good at rebounding--since they've got so much size, they should be.

I don't think CUA has had a home winning streak that long.  I don't know for sure, but even during their great runs they'd get upset at home now and then.

I'd give SMC more than 3 points, personally.  So I'll take all the favorites to cover.

mwgoonie

Bottom line, CUA loses tonight. I think Coach Wood has the team refocused on this year.

But i hope its a good close, cleanly called game.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Interesting Matt, I haven't said it this season, but someone finally did. A day or a season without one comment about refs from you or other CUA fans is simply impossible.

You already know they are bad, you already expect it in a game, so at this point in time it no longer is a "factor" that is a surprise or something the players aren't expecting. So why bother mentioning if EVERYTING time!

It's like going to the DuFour Center (SRC South) for a Saturday afternoon game and not expecting to hardly see the back board!!! I have been to CUA every year for a Saturday home game... I am no longer surprised by the conditions and I no longer mentioned it as "factor" for teams to deal with. We all know its going to happen. Just like your complaints about refs and the fact teams still have to play the game despite them :).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

andre james smith

Looking forward to tonights game, should be a good one, I look for which point guard can control the game and limit the turnovers to be a big factor in this one, I'm with mwgoonie in hoping that some friendly faces will help mike lee snap back into his old form of dominating games.
Hey guys, whoa, big gulps huh? Alright. Well see ya later.