MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PauldingLightUP

I give WSAW a lot of credit for sticking with the Flory story and telling it. Reece and Matt with another update tonight with an interview with video.

https://www.wsaw.com/2021/04/09/flory-aims-to-fulfill-dream-of-becoming-scholarship-player/

tomt4525

Lincoln Way West(IL) 6'7" F, Connor Jenkins, will play collegiate basketball at Oshkosh.  This is a huge get for Oshkosh as Jenkins held D2 offers from Quincy and Wayne St.

tomt4525

Slow at work so I'll do an update with the recruiting classes across the conference.  Disclaimer:  It's still very much up in the air what seniors will be returning for a 5th year but I'll add what I've heard.

Eau Claire
Cooper Laufenberger 6'4" Lakeville North(MN)
Reece Sproul 6'7" Stoughton

I haven't heard anything on Eau Claire's seniors, Cam Kuepers and Carter Brooks. 

La Crosse
Mack Sebert 6'5" Fond Du Lac
Griffin Ginder 6'6" Arlington Heights(IL)
Torin Hannah 6'2" Mt Horeb
AJ Hintz 6'0" Pewaukee
Sam Kick 6'1" Onalaska
Josh Crubaugh 6'3" New Berlin Eisenhower

I've heard rumblings of Wyatt Cook coming back but nothing on Sean Suchomel.

Oshkosh
Cole Kalander 6'8" Holmen
Connor Jenkins 6'7" Lincoln Way West(IL)

Eddie Muench is back so Oshkosh will return everyone from their rotation, likely a top 5-10 team nationally.

Platteville
Clayton Jenny 6'1" Edgerton
Matthew Waldera 6'5" Blair-Taylor
Charlie Bender 6'3" Lake Mills
Mason Anderson 6'2" Ellsworth
Mac Parmelee 6'3" Illinois Valley Central(IL)

Long list of seniors that include Drew Gunnink, Alex Ranney, Quentin Shields, Braden Neis, Justin Jarvensivu, Justin Stovall and Justin Fox.  I have heard the majority of their contributors will be back, including Shields and Stovall.  If that is the case, should contend with Oshkosh and La Crosse at the top of the league.

River Falls
Jack Leifker 6'8" Spring Lake Park(MN)
Rodrick Payne 6'7" East Ridge(MN)

Jack Stensgard is transferring to Concordia-St Paul to finish his 5th year, I have not heard anything on Ohde or Ingersoll.

Stevens Point
0 commits, getting later and later and nothing to show for their recruiting efforts.

Easily their best player, Philip Flory, is transferring in hopes of getting a D1 scholarship.  So, you were a terrible team and lose your best player, outlook for next season isn't good.  It was said during a broadcast of one of their games that 4 incoming recruits opted out of the shortened season, who those 4 players are is a guess at this time but I hope the 4 are Trey Zastrow, Jacob Newhouse, Vaughn Breit and Logan Mulhern.

Stout
Jacob Walczak 6'4" Chippewa Falls

There are a lot of seniors on Stout's team but I haven't heard anything regarding their status for next season.

Whitewater
Carter Capstran 6'6" Franklin

The only senior listed was Equan Ards, who I believe was injured all year.  If Ards is planning on returning for next season, this Whitewater team could be dangerous. 

That's it for known commits for me at this point.  I would expect Oshkosh, Platteville and La Crosse to fight it out at the top next season...with Whitewater possibly jumping in if Ards is back and they bring in a couple impact players like they normally do.  Eau Claire could be solid as well if any or both of their seniors return.  River Falls and Stout could be competitive most nights depending on their returnees as well.  Stevens Point could return Garrett Nelson but they will still be awful unless their is some major influx of talent coming in through transfers.

tomt4525

2021 F Jonah Rindfleisch (6-8) of Wisconsin Lutheran High School has committed to UW-Oshkosh, another good get for the Titans who will have a huge frontline.

tomt4525

Apparently Seymour's high scoring guard, Mason Dorn, is attending Oshkosh but won't be playing basketball.  That is a surprise to me as he would be one of the better commits for any school in the WIAC this year.  I don't know which schools specifically were after Dorn but I do know Point was after him, their targets this year are dwindling in a hurry.  From who is left that they are recruiting at the high school level, no matter who they would end up with would be a disappointing class at this point.  It's basically get some talented transfers at this point or they are bottom dwellers in the WIAC.

With Dorn, it wouldn't shock me if he changes his mind and ends up playing for Oshkosh at some point.  The rich could get richer there.

tomt4525

6'4" Sterling(IL) F, Nathan Ottens, will play collegiate basketball at Platteville.

PauldingLightUP

Does the WIAC or all Division III for that matter have a chance at Gavin Ralph?

wiacfamily

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on April 22, 2021, 09:18:56 PM
Does the WIAC or all Division III for that matter have a chance at Gavin Ralph?

I have heard is looking at other D2s

cubs

Quote from: tomt4525 on April 14, 2021, 09:14:53 PM
Apparently Seymour's high scoring guard, Mason Dorn, is attending Oshkosh but won't be playing basketball.  That is a surprise to me as he would be one of the better commits for any school in the WIAC this year.  I don't know which schools specifically were after Dorn but I do know Point was after him, their targets this year are dwindling in a hurry.  From who is left that they are recruiting at the high school level, no matter who they would end up with would be a disappointing class at this point.  It's basically get some talented transfers at this point or they are bottom dwellers in the WIAC.

With Dorn, it wouldn't shock me if he changes his mind and ends up playing for Oshkosh at some point.  The rich could get richer there.
I'd pump the brakes on this one just a bit, at least as of today....  While he may end up at UWO when all is said and done, nothing has been decided as of yet.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

tomt4525

Quote from: cubs on April 30, 2021, 10:00:10 PM

I'd pump the brakes on this one just a bit, at least as of today....  While he may end up at UWO when all is said and done, nothing has been decided as of yet.

You should tell wissports that then.

cubs

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 01, 2021, 07:30:23 AM

Never saw it reported there....

tomt4525

Quote from: cubs on May 02, 2021, 11:29:55 AM

In the player rankings, it lists Dorn as going to Oshkosh but not playing basketball.  I assume Mark Miller didn't announce it because Dorn wasn't planning on playing basketball as of now.

What info do you have that he hasn't made that decision yet?

cubs

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 02, 2021, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: cubs on May 02, 2021, 11:29:55 AM

In the player rankings, it lists Dorn as going to Oshkosh but not playing basketball.  I assume Mark Miller didn't announce it because Dorn wasn't planning on playing basketball as of now.

What info do you have that he hasn't made that decision yet?
Just that he is "leaning towards Oshksoh, but not anything official" and that "as of now, he is just planning on school."

tomt4525

Pleasant Valley(IA) 6'5" F, Jacob Townsend, has committed to Oshkosh.  This is a fringe D2 talent, so a big win for Oshkosh.  They are absolutely loading up for the future.

ShineTime

Just watched this kids hudl video my God does he look like he'll be yet another standout who could've gone d2 on the titans roster. Great body control, vision, jumping ability, and silky smoothe jump shot. Why is Point failing to get kids like this?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10