Author Topic: MBB: Centennial Conference  (Read 1169604 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline Swat Fan #1

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Centennial Conference
« Reply #7201 on: January 17, 2021, 10:09:02 pm »
Is he done playing hoop?

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #7202 on: January 17, 2021, 10:14:29 pm »
Is he done playing hoop?

For this "season," yes. No chance.

But I get the sense he will be back for his final season at JHU.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline D.B. Cooper

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: March 08, 2021, 02:44:51 pm »
In news for an outstanding former F&M All American player, Chris Finch has now reached his longtime goal.

About 2 weeks ago he became the new Head coach of the NBAs Minnesota Timberwolves. I wish him well. It was a long journey through UKs National team , European leagues, the NBAs D-League as head coach, Assistant or bench coaches for at least 3 NBA teams, particularly with the Houston Rockets to land the top spot in Minnesota.

He played for some of the best Dip teams ever until he graduated in 1992. I saw his team play in my only trip as spectator to D3 Final 4 in 1991. Although they lost a hard fought game to a bigger, deeper Wisc-Platteville team coached by Bo Ryan (also a D3 grad from Wilkes) it was still exhilarating for me. My more positive memory was F&M then considered a sold underdog in Semis against Ramapo. But the Dips did 2 amazing things, 1st had a 26-0 run to get control of of game and then rolled to a 52 point win, which was and may still be a FF record for margin of victory.

In any case an honor well deserved for a D3 player who worked his way through the hoops ranks to be an NBA head coach.

Offline ronk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: March 08, 2021, 03:00:25 pm »
In news for an outstanding former F&M All American player, Chris Finch has now reached his longtime goal.

About 2 weeks ago he became the new Head coach of the NBAs Minnesota Timberwolves. I wish him well. It was a long journey through UKs National team , European leagues, the NBAs D-League as head coach, Assistant or bench coaches for at least 3 NBA teams, particularly with the Houston Rockets to land the top spot in Minnesota.

He played for some of the best Dip teams ever until he graduated in 1992. I saw his team play in my only trip as spectator to D3 Final 4 in 1991. Although they lost a hard fought game to a bigger, deeper Wisc-Platteville team coached by Bo Ryan (also a D3 grad from Wilkes) it was still exhilarating for me. My more positive memory was F&M then considered a sold underdog in Semis against Ramapo. But the Dips did 2 amazing things, 1st had a 26-0 run to get control of of game and then rolled to a 52 point win, which was and may still be a FF record for margin of victory.

In any case an honor well deserved for a D3 player who worked his way through the hoops ranks to be an NBA head coach.

How did that happen in a FF semi?

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: March 08, 2021, 04:15:27 pm »

How did that happen in a FF semi?

It was actually a 53-point win.  109-56.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere