Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - DuffMan

#1
Quote from: corn horn on September 28, 2026, 11:07:54 AMMy question, is there any outcome this coming week with the Cobbers vs St Scholastica that could at least yield them a vote or two in the top 25? I'm guessing not.

Doubt it. Beating CSS by a large margin is an expectation.
 
#2
Quote from: sjujohnnie on September 26, 2026, 10:53:33 PMIf anyone thought the score of the Bethel/Hamline game would shed some light on the possible outcome of the St John's/Bethel game so much for that!
I don't think anyone thought that.
#3
We've just witnessed back-to-back Triple Monkey Stompouts by the Johnnies. That's fun.
#4
Boy, after GAC stomped Central, I thought they were potentially going to have a great year, but I'm rethinking that after back-to-back Monkey Stomps.
#5
Quote from: bennie on September 25, 2026, 10:56:31 PMJust a reminder that tomorrow's Johnnie game starts at noon. This messes with my schedule ( since it's 10am my time)!

Thank you!
#6
LOL, I was totally thinking about this the other day! Needless to say, I am still master of my domain.
#7
I feel like this is Hamline's year. MIAC champs!
#8
What if they get double stomped?
#9
I got this email from SJU yesterday, as I am sure many of you did. Seriously? I think back to when our kids were a little younger and needed backpacks full of activities and snacks to get through the afternoon. Heck, I brought a propane heater a few times!

QuoteNew Clear Bag Policy for SJU Football Games
Dear Johnnie Football Fans,
As you prepare for the upcoming Saint John's football season, we want to make you aware of an important change to gameday entry procedures.
A clear bag policy will be in effect for all Saint John's football games at Clemens Stadium this season.
If you plan to bring a bag into the stadium, it must be one of the following:
  • A clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12" × 6" × 12"
  • A one-gallon clear resealable plastic bag
  • A small clutch bag no larger than 4.5" × 6.5"
Medical, accessibility and diaper bags are permitted and will be subject to inspection.
Backpacks, large purses or totes, coolers, duffel bags, fanny packs, camera bags and other noncompliant bags will not be permitted. Please leave these items in your vehicle before entering the stadium.
To make the transition easier, approved clear bags will be available for purchase beginning with the first home game at the SJU Spirit Shop, football stadium shop and Spirit Shop cart in the tailgating lot.
Thank you for helping us make gameday safe and welcoming for everyone.

Go Johnnies!

Saint John's University
#10
Quote from: Mister36 on July 20, 2026, 01:06:47 PMAlso, Bethel is a 70 point favorite against Hamline according to Logan Hansen.

Impressive! ::)
 
#11
Quote from: hazzben on June 04, 2026, 02:52:48 PMIt's crazy how much pressure is on these kids to go to every camp under the sun. Very different from when we old farts did this process.

It is crazy.  Duff Jr will be a freshman this year, and we had a high school football meeting a few weeks ago.  They had a 20 minute presentation on college recruiting.  Not to mention the offseason workout expectations.  Much different than my late-90's experiences.
#12
Season tix renewed!  And with Jr. in 9th grade this fall (i.e. no Saturday games for him), I will be able to get to more games.
#13
Quote from: faunch on May 26, 2026, 10:46:07 PMNot sure if there's an air conditioning contest but we turned ours on today at approximately 6:30 pm. Hot and sticky might be fun for some things but sleeping isn't one of them.
Quote from: faunch on May 26, 2026, 10:46:07 PMNot sure if there's an air conditioning contest but we turned ours on today at approximately 6:30 pm. Hot and sticky might be fun for some things but sleeping isn't one of them.

I considered it.  I even consulted the wife.  We left it off.
#14
Demo Derbies--in high school, a few friends and I built and entered a car in the derby at the Benton County Fair.  It was a ton of fun.  Our driver, Josh Fiedler, has since passed on but was a Johnnie.  RIP Josh.
#15
Quote from: repete on May 20, 2026, 06:19:24 PMOne of my brothers chased a lot of woodcock, which are a great challenge but not sure there are any near Willmar though.

They migrate through.  I usually see some while pheasant hunting.  Cool birds, but they taste awful.