^^^ As noted above, not the most well-played game by RMC, but an easy win nonetheless. My take of Bridgewater's offense is that they have a quarterback problem. Their starter, who played until late in the 4th quarter, is indecisive, or slow to figure out who to throw to on passing plays, and thus gets in trouble, has to scramble and/or throw the ball away. I suppose the RMC secondary could have caused those problems for him, but the opposing QBs in RMCs first three games have been better. I generally don't like to point the finger at individual players, but that's what it felt like to me today.
It was a good day for the Jacket ground game, especially Mitchell Johnson, even though he didn't score a TD. Bauman, Overbay and Detric Brown all had solid performances.
In the other games H-SC downed Shenandoah 30-14 in Winchester. Roanoke trailed Guilford 16-14 late in the 2nd quarter, but then cruised to a 52-24 win. W&L easily handled Averett 34-7.
It was a good day for the Jacket ground game, especially Mitchell Johnson, even though he didn't score a TD. Bauman, Overbay and Detric Brown all had solid performances.
In the other games H-SC downed Shenandoah 30-14 in Winchester. Roanoke trailed Guilford 16-14 late in the 2nd quarter, but then cruised to a 52-24 win. W&L easily handled Averett 34-7.
But last season Averett lost to NC Wesleyan 64-12 and this year 27-13. They also lost to Southern VA last year 46-14 vs a 41-34 win this year. So they improved their results against all three year-to-year. I know this is a new season for all those programs, so those comparisons aren't necessarily worth much. But, Averett does have a knew head coach. And I think it's always wise, in any sport, that no matter how good you think you are or how bad you think your opponent is, never underestimate your opponent's desire to win. They might just surprise you. I've seen it happen, as I'm sure you have.