Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Robert Zimmerman

#2
This is the first fall that all my kids are gone, empty nester! I bought the wife an electric blanket for Christmas last year in preparation. Like Gustavus football has been saying for the last 30 seasons, this is our year! (to win the MIAC furnace competition)
#4
Quote from: OzJohnnie on June 27, 2026, 06:18:40 PMWe haven't played "Where Am I?" in a while.  Who's got this one?



(click to embiggen)

Heh. I was an assistant varsity girls basketball coach during my first 5 years at Apollo. We went up to Hibbing for a holiday tournament. Half of the players rode in the school van that I was driving and I made them listen to Bob from St. Cloud all the way to Hibbing. Then we drove by this very house. The players were not impressed with the music nor the house.
#5
We are officially out this morning. My wife said it was fine during the week when we were at work and school most of the day, but she is not enduring 63 degree temps all weekend. The fireplace was turned on this morning.
#6
Still master of my domain, but woke up to the house at 64 degrees this morning. My wife is starting to complain. However, we made it past fall break in which my daughter was home from CSB and is always cold. Trying to make it to the weekend without the furnace!
#7
A great guy and it will be hard to fill his shoes at CSB/SJU. My son was an accounting major at SJU and now works for Deloitte in Minneapolis. Boz helped him get an international tax internship in London when he studied abroad during his junior year. Boz also helped him get an internship at Deloitte which eventually turned into his career. Boz went above and beyond for his students, in and out of the classroom. RIP Boz, you will be missed.
#12
Well, maybe the new CSS football coach can at least improve the video feed.
#13
ROR, so kind of you to ask! (and I am sure the rest of the board has been waiting on the edge of their seats since I didn't see any of you at the tailgate).

St. Ben's took 5th in both Jazz and Pom in the open (smallest) division. Mankato took first in both Jazz and Pom, Duluth took second in both, and SCSU took 4th in both (which did not make CSB too happy).

Minnesota is crazy talented with dancers. The Gophers are incredible and compete in the top division and have won the most national championships of any college team. UST did well in the middle division and are also very good.

I promise this will be the last post about dance until football season.
#14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw86Exo81oA

Easily the best football player I ever watched play in person.
#15
Not a lot of activity on the college dance post patterns boards, so I will put this here. Heading down to Orlando this coming weekend to watch the CSB dance team at Nationals. Hope to see some of you at the tailgate!