I assume that Mount desperately wants to avoid a riff with Coach Kehres. At his age, there would likely not be enough time for things to heal. If - IF - they want to move on from GD, they have to be hoping that he resigns or that Coach Kehres gives his blessing/comes to them and says "do what you need to do".
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
#1
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 19, 2026, 09:16:37 PM #2
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference
September 15, 2026, 09:20:13 PM
2026-2027 Schedules
Denison University:
https://bigred.denison.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
DePauw University:
https://depauwtigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
John Carroll University: https://jcusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Kenyon College:
https://athletics.kenyon.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Oberlin College:
https://goyeo.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Ohio Wesleyan University:
https://battlingbishops.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Wabash College:
https://sports.wabash.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Wittenberg University:
https://www.wittenbergtigers.com/sports/mbkb/2026-27/schedule
The College of Wooster:
https://woosterathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Denison University:
https://bigred.denison.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
DePauw University:
https://depauwtigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
John Carroll University: https://jcusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Kenyon College:
https://athletics.kenyon.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Oberlin College:
https://goyeo.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Ohio Wesleyan University:
https://battlingbishops.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Wabash College:
https://sports.wabash.edu/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Wittenberg University:
https://www.wittenbergtigers.com/sports/mbkb/2026-27/schedule
The College of Wooster:
https://woosterathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
#3
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference
April 03, 2026, 11:26:23 PMQuote from: Dr. Acula on April 01, 2026, 11:15:06 AMQuote from: Onward on, John Carroll on March 30, 2026, 08:12:36 PMAny truth to the rumors Fuline is going to take an assistant's job at UC with Coach Calhoun?
How dare you! You know Fuline is our favorite coach on campus. Don't put that out in the universe!![]()
So... there is truth to it?!?!
Truth be told, he's my favorite college coach in the state. Top notch all the way around.
#4
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference
March 30, 2026, 08:12:36 PM
Any truth to the rumors Fuline is going to take an assistant's job at UC with Coach Calhoun?
#5
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference
December 06, 2025, 05:28:33 PM
Had I died in the visitors bleachers today after the game, I can guarantee you the first line of the UG delivered for me would've been "He couldn't have possibly died any happier."
Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on December 06, 2025, 03:04:34 PMI might need to go to the hospital to get my heart checked out.
#6
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
December 06, 2025, 05:26:24 PMQuote from: BergAlum2 on December 06, 2025, 02:45:35 PMQuote from: thewaterboy on December 06, 2025, 02:44:22 PMWow. This game is crazy. I thought JCU had it won there...
Once they got close, i wonder if it would have been smarter for JCU just to line it up, and kick the fg instead of trying to get the TD not using all their downs
Absolutely. I thought there were only three viable options on that play One, Kick the field goal on third town in the event you have a bad snap or unsuccessful hold, it would give you a second opportunity at the field goal. Two, Take a knee in between the hashmarks at the 3 yard line so that the field goal kick was exactly the same as an extra point. Three, Run the ball right up the gut to see if you can get the 3 feet and, if you do not, kick the field goal. I was baffled by the pass, and when we missed the field goal, I was prepared to blame that play calling for this loss for the rest of my days on earth.
When that field goal attempt clanked off the left upright, 31 years of losing in so many different painful manners rushed over me. I thought this was just the latest on that long list – triple overtime, the comeback at Bedford, strip and score, etc.
#7
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference
May 10, 2025, 05:25:33 AM
So does anyone have more insight on why Vanderwall left Marietta. The easy answer seems to be that he wanted to be closer to home, but is there more to it? He has been away fromnhome for a very long time. After all that time in Marietta, why was he looking? Was it a financial thing (which is rare, admittedly, at the D3 level, that one school can pay substantially more than another)? Was he not feeling the commitment to basketball by the administration? Just curious.
#8
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference
March 12, 2025, 08:13:05 PMQuote from: BillyRayJimBob on March 11, 2025, 05:21:17 PMQuote from: Onward on, John Carroll on March 02, 2025, 11:28:06 AMA nice way to end our time in the OAC - winning the regular season title, winning the tournament title and knocking our rival out of the tournament while we did it.
I will miss the OAC. Loved our rivalries with Mount, BW and Etta in hoops the last 10 years. Loved our battles with Capital in the 2000s. Love the coaches and road trips, campuses and fans.
To echo what was said above, Coach Fuline made lemonade with lemons, no doubt. He made the program relevant in the conference, then regionally, then nationally in rather quick order. He recruits well, he coaches well and he is an all-around nice guy on top of that. You were lucky to get him, you have been lucky to keep him and I hope he gets that title that he very much deserves.
And then there becomes "the silence of the lambs."
Well played....
But the face on the pillow, rosy in the firelight, is certainly that of Clarice Starling, and she sleeps deeply, sweetly, in the silence of the lambs.
#9
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
March 04, 2025, 09:00:31 AM
I don't think John Carroll is going to have any turf under roof in that new facility they are building. I believe it is just track surrounding 3 courts - like Mount.
#10
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference
March 04, 2025, 08:59:06 AMQuote from: bluestreak66 on February 14, 2025, 03:55:08 PMFinally found out John Carroll's non-conference schedule! We're opening at Waynesburg, followed by a trip to Johns Hopkins! If the team doesn't visit the crypt where the actual John Carroll is buried on the trip to Baltimore, I'm pretty sure that would be bad luck lol
I feel like if we drive to Baltimore and lose by four scores, the Mount Union fans won't be able to resist telling us "you could've stayed in the OAC and gotten an equally good butt kicking just 60 minutes away."
#11
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference
March 02, 2025, 11:28:06 AM
A nice way to end our time in the OAC - winning the regular season title, winning the tournament title and knocking our rival out of the tournament while we did it.
I will miss the OAC. Loved our rivalries with Mount, BW and Etta in hoops the last 10 years. Loved our battles with Capital in the 2000s. Love the coaches and road trips, campuses and fans.
To echo what was said above, Coach Fuline made lemonade with lemons, no doubt. He made the program relevant in the conference, then regionally, then nationally in rather quick order. He recruits well, he coaches well and he is an all-around nice guy on top of that. You were lucky to get him, you have been lucky to keep him and I hope he gets that title that he very much deserves.
I will miss the OAC. Loved our rivalries with Mount, BW and Etta in hoops the last 10 years. Loved our battles with Capital in the 2000s. Love the coaches and road trips, campuses and fans.
To echo what was said above, Coach Fuline made lemonade with lemons, no doubt. He made the program relevant in the conference, then regionally, then nationally in rather quick order. He recruits well, he coaches well and he is an all-around nice guy on top of that. You were lucky to get him, you have been lucky to keep him and I hope he gets that title that he very much deserves.
#12
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference
January 13, 2025, 10:08:32 AMQuote from: Dr. Acula on January 10, 2025, 02:32:28 PMFor sure. Mount benefitted from that when Gurley transferred to YSU then transferred back. A coach would be foolish to not make sure good players know the door is always open.
Is the HS recruiting issue lack of landing high quality players or lack of developing kids once they're on campus?
I'm not smart enough to know the answer to that question. While development is important, I think the raw talent is necessary to allow for any development to manifest itself in wins and quality teams. I just feel like other than the nephew and his buddies, the talent is less than what it was during the previous regime. But I could be wrong and I could be just grumpy!! Six wins in a row have been nice - admittedly.
#13
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference
January 10, 2025, 01:30:26 PM
There is nothing wrong, especially at the division three level, in reminding student athletes who take a division one or division two scholarship, that they always have a place in your program if they want to return home. In fact, I think it is an excellent strategy at a school in a metropolitan area like John Carol. However, your life blood will still be recruiting high quality high school athletes right out of high school. He has failed to show an ability to do that.
#14
Region 7 men's basketball / Re: MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference
January 10, 2025, 12:15:26 AMQuote from: D3 Poster on November 14, 2024, 08:00:21 PMJCU will be inteteresting to see what they have next year...losing all ? the transfer ins after this year? Time to restock.
I have concerns. This coaching staff had a great first season with the talent brought in and developed by the former coach. They then struggled mightily for several years and showed no ability to identify, attract and retain top-notch high school talent. Two years ago, the HC's nephew transferred from a D1 school and several other D1 and D2 transfers joined him for what has been a very very good three-year run. Those guys, for the most part, are gone after this season. I question the ability to reload at any level.
#15
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: North Coast Athletic Conference
January 10, 2025, 12:07:48 AM
I'm not as frequent a poster or as witty a poster as bluestreak66 - and I am a rare "basketball first" JCU fan - but I go where you go, bluestreak66.
I am an NCAC man now.
I am an NCAC man now.