Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Etchglow

#1
Quote from: Crubacker on October 05, 2026, 03:45:42 PMWhat happened to Jet Hayes, injured??

Yeah, hurt the last two weeks. Him and Vidal were in street clothes.  I think Brett Harmon was in street clothes too.
#2
Quote from: Toby Taff on September 24, 2026, 12:03:18 PMWell, I have 6 tickets in 204 on Row B between the 45 & 50 for 2 people. we have 2 friends that usually sit with us. If anyone needs a good seat, I have 2 that can be filled most games. let me know

Hi Neighbor, 203 G here :D
#3
Quote from: CruFrenzy on September 23, 2026, 05:40:09 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on September 23, 2026, 12:01:17 PM
Quote from: CruFrenzy on September 22, 2026, 04:49:35 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on September 22, 2026, 12:01:46 PM
Quote from: CruFrenzy on September 21, 2026, 04:42:56 PMYes, we need to win out. If we do a top 8 seed and hosting some games is very possible. HSU looks good again this season. That last game of the season in Belton might just be a gigantic one.
If we win out and HSU is undefeated coming into Belton, it'll be for the conference championship, playoff seeding, and school pride, and should be a crazy atmosphere. If only it could be a night game...

Night game would be incredible but with the game being in mid November the weather could potentially be fantastic for a 1 pm kickoff.. could even be cold by then depending on what the weather does. I'll take either of those options over the weather we had vs Endicott last week
yeah, my head is peeling a little after saturday. my seats never make the shade early in the season

At least we were there Toby. Season ticket holders buy up about 60% of the reserved seating & then might show up only for a game or two, it's a problem but not sure it's a priority the admin cares about or will deal with. Would be easy enough to RSVP morning of and if you aren't going or haven't given your tickets away they can go back into the system for game day. Idk, just a thought.

Or the season ticket holders show up for about a quarter... That's what happens to the seats in front of us. But there are a ton of unsold seats in our row.

I was "that guy" and brought a 56v fan last Saturday, it was pretty dang nice.
#4
Quote from: crufootball on September 16, 2026, 09:30:59 AM
Quote from: IC798891 on September 15, 2026, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: Etchglow on September 15, 2026, 01:29:23 PMAs much as I clown on flo, the fact I can go back and watch archived games (including umhb jv games) makes it worth it. But I also watch their racing content.

Right, and that's an admitted value add -- provided your school doesn't archive its own games. My alma mater Ithaca streams a lot of its stuff on YouTube, which means it is archived. (Though I'm not super into re-watching like, a random field hockey or men's basketball game from five years ago either way.)

But if I was into that, and they would otherwise be unavailable, I'd consider paying for it.



I think that is why the above average UMHB fan is holding out hope that Flo will have real value as none of the games we stream are archived. Currently I am month to month on my Flo subscription so if I only keep it for football season that is only going to cost roughly 30 to 40 bucks which I will happily do if it grants me that access but I realize that means a much smaller amount of people will be watching with me.


The production level on the JV game was leaps and bounds ahead of what the JV games generally are...
#5
As much as I clown on flo, the fact I can go back and watch archived games (including umhb jv games) makes it worth it. But I also watch their racing content.
#6
Quote from: Crubacker on September 12, 2026, 07:52:13 PMSounded like the offense stunk pretty bad.

Shot themselves in the foot... A bunch. Moore had 2 fumbles, Horton threw two picks. Defense still had a bunch of dumb penalties. Special teams was amazing though.
#7
Quote from: zipmac22 on September 12, 2026, 07:33:30 AMHas anyone seen the Game Notes posted for the Pacific Lutheran University game?

PLU had a 2 deep, but umhb hasn't posted crap that I've seen...
#8
Yall covered it all, clean up the penalties and tackling, get a run game going and it's gonna be a really good season.

Moore didn't really do much in the run game but dang if he wasn't electric as a receiver. Jet Hayes had some really tough and elusive runs.

BJ Stewart was everything we expected and Trace Meullion was a surprise.

All in all, feeling the best I have in years after game 1.
#9
Quote from: Bmo on September 04, 2026, 10:25:32 AMNo need to copilot, etchglow built an app for that..

https://etchglow.github.io/index.html

There's an app for that! :D
#10
Quote from: CruFrenzy on September 03, 2026, 09:43:26 PMhttps://x.com/CouchCru17/status/2095551395319419205?s=20

Game notes are up.

A few additional thoughts and areas to watch that I couldn't fit in the twitter post that could be the difference in a good season or a great season:

Interior D Line: This is an area of the team that our truly exceptional seasons we have had studs. Haston Adams, Brazon Fuller, Joey Longoria, Isaiah Johnson, etc. We need someone to emerge here and I'm not sure the starters are at that level to start the season. We'll see.

Secondary: We have more new starters here than any other area on the field. If there is one position group that coach Harmon and our staff have done a great job of developing and reloading it's this group, but still one to watch.

Offensive line: This is the group that will likely make or break our offense this season. We have skill talent, an upgrade at QB and maybe the best two headed running back attack I've seen in almost a decade talent wise. If the O Line can gel and bring their hard hats every week this offense has a chance to be the best we've had since 2022.

I can't find the game notes :-(, I want to know who the 4th QB they're taking is to look him up after Coach Harmon was mentioning him in the video interview earlier this week.
#12
Quote from: Reverendbiker on August 31, 2026, 07:05:18 PMSome interesting numbers from the 2026 Cru football roster: 38 offensive players, 14 played at least 4 games last year, 24 are new to the varsity.

41 defensive players, 15 played at least 4 games last year, 26 new to the varsity.

Of the 80 numbered players, 41 are returners, 25 incoming transfers, and 14 true freshman (that I can tell). 

There are only 12 listed seniors and 2 graduate students which seems rather low.

The vast majority of the incoming transfers appear to be the secondary with 9 DB/CB/S transfers.

4/5 of the running backs are transfers, and the other numbered RB is a Freshman.

The D-Line has 9/13 returners and All 3 QB's with numbers are returners. 

10/15 of the OL appear to be newcomers. 

Will McClintock is back, dude's looked good when not injured at TE.
#13
Quote from: Etchglow on August 30, 2026, 09:23:01 PM
Quote from: UMHB03 on August 30, 2026, 07:29:35 PMI'm assuming a roster will be released at some point this season.

I'm guessing Friday :D

I'm surprised we got the roster already. I'll run my tool against it this evening.
#14
Quote from: UMHB03 on August 30, 2026, 07:29:35 PMI'm assuming a roster will be released at some point this season.

I'm guessing Friday :D
#15
They had already started when I showed up at 10:00 AM.  Other team backed out so it was just white vs purple with white playing offense and purple playing defense.  A couple of decent looking RB's, QB's had moments but nothing spectacular.  Defense won more than the offense did.