FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

D3Navy

For those who can access Instagram, this is a nice update on Trinity's OC Wade Lytal.  He lost his daughter in the Texas Hill Country floods of summer 2025.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Dd_2lUgS5M9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&stkn=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

tigerguy

Horn is not the answer for Trinity right now. From what I've seen, Hondo has much better chemistry with Tavaraz and it is critical that he be a major part of Trinity's game plan.

tigerguy

The score doesn't reflect it, but that was an ugly win for Trinity.  Outgained by a decent chunk, but the defense won it with some great plays time and time again.

I continue to be frustrated with the offense and the inability to work Tavarez in more. If he is drawing so much attention that Horn can't get it to him, someone else has to be open. I stand by my prior post that I believe Hondo has much better chemistry with Tavarez at this point. Horn is a capable runner and has great size, but he is not fast enough to run outside the edge against good teams. There were way too many plays like that today that really set the offense behind.

Special teams also has got to figure some stuff out. There was an excellent return, but another blocked PAT. While I ALWAYS appreciate Urban's willingness to run fakes (I can't believe teams don't play straight up on every punt by now), we've got to have some confidence in them to make a field goal or pin them deep sometimes.

Trinity's camera crew still has not figured it out. Continue to miss pretty much any play down field. The main camera routinely zooms in too much so to compensate they try to quickly switch to a different camera which is very disorienting.

Hope this team keeps rolling and the offense starts to click. Hard to be negative about a 23-6 win against a solid Berry team but I'm clearly finding a way!

Ron Boerger

Let's face it, this should have been a 30-6 if not 37-6 win.  Coming away empty twice on deep possessions is frustrating and that INT at the 10 should never have been thrown into double or triple coverage.

While I will agree that we should have seen much more of Hondo today, it was obvious that Horn was still hobbled from the hammy he suffered a couple of weeks ago; he stayed in the pocket almost exclusively when rolling out would have helped get away from Berry's constant pressure up the middle.  His running was also not the up to the standard we saw earlier this season.

My sincere hope is that with what should be a lesser opponent next week (though they did get their first win of the season today) that Hondo starts and lets Horn get healthy.

MCScots2013

Going to be a barn burner in Danville tonight. Not half way through 1Q and it's 14-7 MC.

MCScots2013

I jinxed it. Scoring stopped. At half it's 14-7 Maryville. Centre to get the ball to start the second.


I have to say it. The SAA is putting the absolute worse officials in all of football on the field for these games. This is said after several bad calls going our way! Each game it's like no one knows what the hell is going on. Since when do Umpires line up on the offensive side of the ball?? What have other games looked like? The crews that did the Heidelberg and Macon games can run circles around these SAA guys.

MCScots2013

#4206
I will pay a substantial amount of money if anyone can get video that Centre actually scored their last 2 scores to tie the game. SAA—GET IT TOGETHER!

Ron Boerger

#4207
You won.  Be happy  8-) but I get the frustration with Flo/Centre.

TLU and PLU both won today, which is good for Trinity's NPI (as is defeating now 3-1 Berry).  McMurry was on a bye week.

Sunday edit:  According to d3datacast.com Trinity has the top NPI in the country.  Extremely unlikely to stay that way even should they win out due to weak SAA opponents, but rather start there than lower.

MCScots2013

#4208
I was mad...then madder (missed FG)...then enraged (missed FG). Then irritated (shocker: refs sucked. Centre scored in OT and they missed it), finally happy. Rollercoaster of emotions.


I should add: I'm proud of Dabrowski and his development. 3 pretty tough opponents to start his career and leading the offense well in Game 5. He's completed 61.5% of his passes for 1047 yards, 5TDs/4INT. Let work on that ratio,  but couldn't ask for much more from a freshman stepping into that role after Bryson Rollins.

D3Navy

Five sacks and 7 QB hurries won the game for Trinity against Berry.