FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

HOPEful

I came late to the party, but am in fact column E. I get those leaving Mount off their rankings... but a one point loss at Wheaton is a very quality result against one of the best teams in the country. I have no faith whatsoever that anyone outside of John Carroll, Hope, or Wash U could fare as well... Unfortunately, embarrassing Muskingum, Marietta, Capital, and Wilmington collectively 300-13 isn't going to move the needle.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: HOPEful on September 24, 2026, 08:56:58 AMI came late to the party, but am in fact column E. I get those leaving Mount off their rankings... but a one point loss at Wheaton is a very quality result against one of the best teams in the country. I have no faith whatsoever that anyone outside of John Carroll, Hope, or Wash U could fare as well... Unfortunately, embarrassing Muskingum, Marietta, Capital, and Wilmington collectively 300-13 isn't going to move the needle.

The problem is that they are not improving since the Wheaton loss.  They seem to be regressing.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HOPEful

Completely fair. But as a voter, I can only go off each team's 3 game resume. And outside of Hope's wins at Hanover and Denison, Washington's win against DePauw, and Berg's win at Mount, I'm not sure there's another result in R4 as impressive as that loss at Wheaton... which is why, for now, Mount stays in my rankings...
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

HOPEful

I'll admit it now. I voted for Calvin this week.

And yes, it felt gross.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

FCGrizzliesGrad

2026 Week 4 Region 4 Fan Poll

RankTeam                                            Points  Prev   A     B     C     D     E     F
1John Carroll (4-0)411112111
2Hope (4-0)372221222
3Heidelberg (4-0)27T3443343
4Washington U (4-0)24T3337434
5Baldwin Wallace (3-0)14T56545-6
6Mount Union (1-2)97--5675
7Wabash (4-0)6T556-7--
.
ORVMount St Joseph (3-0)457
Calvin (4-0)376
DePauw (3-1)376

Voters: D3 Poster, FCGG, HOPEful, JCUStreaks70, Kira & Jaxon's Dad, and wally_wabash

Week 5 Schedule
#1 John Carroll @ #4 Washington U
#2 Hope @ Olivet
#5 Baldwin Wallace @ #3 Heidelberg
#6 Mount Union @ Muskingum
#7 Wabash @ Denison
Mount St Joseph @ Hanover
Calvin @ Adrian
Oberlin @ DePauw
.

Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC, ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, MIAC, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, ODAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023, 2025: Mens Pickem

HOPEful

I'm B. I still expect to have Mount Union at 3 by the end of the regular season. But I couldn't ignore Calvin's 66-20 shellacking of Olivet.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

John Carrol vs Washington U and Baldwin Wallace vs Heidelberg this week!
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HOPEful

Not quite as exciting, but Wabash @ Denison, Mount St Joseph @ Hanover, and Calvin @ Adrian are all really good barometer tests as well. It's a fun weekend for football!
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion