FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Zimmerman and 125 Guests are viewing this topic.

Predictions for SJU vs BU in Collegeville Saturday?

Defensive battle in favor of SJU
Defensive battle in favor of BU
More offensive fireworks, with SJU prevailing
More offensive fireworks, with BU prevailing

Voting closes: October 03, 2026, 11:48:26 AM

OzJohnnie

Quote from: DuffMan on September 26, 2026, 06:59:21 PMBoy, after GAC stomped Central, I thought they were potentially going to have a great year, but I'm rethinking that after back-to-back Monkey Stomps.

I was coming to post something similar.  GAC had a great first game against Central but has been less than ordinary since.  Concordia is looking interesting, though.  Not one to sleep on this year.
  

DuffMan

We've just witnessed back-to-back Triple Monkey Stompouts by the Johnnies. That's fun.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

sjujohnnie

Bethel leads Hamline 70-0 with 13 minutes remaining. Going to be quite the test on Saturday!

hazzben

GAC QB vs Central hasn't played the last two weeks.

sjujohnnie

If anyone thought the score of the Bethel/Hamline game would shed some light on the possible outcome of the St John's/Bethel game so much for that! Hamline just suffered their second 77-0 shutout of the young season.

DuffMan

Quote from: sjujohnnie on September 26, 2026, 10:53:33 PMIf anyone thought the score of the Bethel/Hamline game would shed some light on the possible outcome of the St John's/Bethel game so much for that!
I don't think anyone thought that.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

art76

Some thoughts on yesterdays results - Macalester comes from behind to win, and now head to Hamline this week, a team that has been thrashed two weeks in a row. (Is this the paint bucket game?) Will this be a year when the Scots move up into the middle of the standings? We shall see.

I really thought, or was hoping, that the Cobbers and the Gusties would have a closer contest. Looks to me like the Cobbers could end up this season at 8 and 2 in third place behind BU and the Johnnies.

And what about Carleton - do they have enough to take on the Gusties, who are headed their way this coming week? This game might decide who ends up fourth in the MIAC behind the Cobbers.

And lastly, the game many of us have been looking forward to this coming weekend, where the Royals head up to Collegeville to take on the Johnnies. Being a total homeboy on this one, as I think Bethel gets the win because of a special teams play. We're going to see two great offenses against two great defenses and I suspect it's going to be something unlooked for that gives BU the edge.
"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
― C. S. Lewis

corn horn

Quote from: art76 on September 27, 2026, 09:52:03 AMI really thought, or was hoping, that the Cobbers and the Gusties would have a closer contest. Looks to me like the Cobbers could end up this season at 8 and 2 in third place behind BU and the Johnnies.

Cobbers have more balance on offense than they have had on over 20 years, and their defense has been beastly. They appear have the talons to gouge that lofty perch BU and SJU look down on the rest of the MIAC from. Could be a spoiler for someone's playoff aspirations, though there is no lack of talent among "the usuals". Looking forward to an interesting season.
If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

art76

Bethel moves up two spots to seventh, but there's only an eight point spread from seventh to ninth position in the poll: https://www.d3football.com/top25/2026/week4
"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
― C. S. Lewis

art76

Sounds like Pat from D3 Football is going to be at the game at St. John's this coming weekend, and shared in the podcast that he is gunning for the attendance to be overflowing. The weather a week out is sunny and mid 60s, so that is working in his favor. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance, as I will be camping with my younger son and flying some high power rockets this coming weekend down in SD. I will be listening to the game via the on-line Johnny radio broadcast. Go Bethel!
"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
― C. S. Lewis

corn horn

Concordia has a 3-0 start, having beaten two conference opponents that were deemed to be at least "mid", "ok" and even looked at for a possible 3rd place conference finish. They have outscored opponents 120-9 (82-9 in just those two conference games).

My question, is there any outcome this coming week with the Cobbers vs St Scholastica that could at least yield them a vote or two in the top 25? I'm guessing not.

If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

DuffMan

Quote from: corn horn on Yesterday at 11:07:54 AMMy question, is there any outcome this coming week with the Cobbers vs St Scholastica that could at least yield them a vote or two in the top 25? I'm guessing not.

Doubt it. Beating CSS by a large margin is an expectation.
 

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

hazzben

Tempted to ride my motorcycle up to Collegeville, seems like a good way to find a convenient parking spot. We had kicked around the idea of my son doing his gameday visit to SJU this weekend, since it'd be a great game/atmosphere. But he's got homecoming Saturday night, so that plan died on the vine.

Keys to the game:

- Turnovers - Feeney's pick last year by Devin Williams was a big play. Drews INT's against NCC this year had a similar effect.
- BU Pass D vs Air Johnnie - I think our front 7 will do ok against the run, but we have to hold up against big passing plays and on third down.
- BU Run Game vs SJU Front 7 - We ran well against NCC, but I think SJU is probably as good or better up front. Holding UWL to 40 yards rushing is impressive. Need to get Geebli and Manns going.
- Rundell Health - Albert played against Hamline, caught 2 TD's, but finger was heavily taped. How close is he to 100%, it's one thing to catch wide open passes against Hamline, another to catch a contested ball against SJU.

Notes from Hamline: Logan Butler, BU backup QB who transferred from CSP, had an absolutely gorgeous deep TD pass and looks really athletic. Wetzel vibes for those old enough to remember. First time in a while where I've felt like we wouldn't have significant drop off if QB1 went down. Drews' knowledge of our offense is exceptional right now, but having someone behind him is a nice luxury.

SagatagSam

Quote from: OzJohnnie on September 23, 2026, 10:57:37 PM
Quote from: faunch on September 23, 2026, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: Mister36 on September 23, 2026, 09:04:13 PM
Quote from: repete on September 23, 2026, 07:45:39 PMTis the season.

https://youtu.be/By_RqzO8jN0?is=vwcuTEwfCNHXUPR8

Thanks to the missus, I've failed before the game even started...

I had the gas fireplace on a couple times in the past week and am not one bit ashamed.



I had a work trip to Las Vegas last week. Wife and kids were home the whole time I was gone. I come back to a rainy Sioux Falls in the mid 50s, low 60s, and the heat turned on and heating to 70. Naturally, I shut that down ASAP, but the damage had already been done. My furnace had drunk of the sweet nectar of MidAmerican Energy's natural gas.

There is no depth to the shame I feel. It's not even doggone October and I'm already out.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

OzJohnnie