FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeMN91, emma17 and 85 Guests are viewing this topic.

'95 Blugold

Blugolds beat Point 31-9 for Homecoming. Blugolds scored TDs on their 1st 2 possessions then a scoop and score fumble recovery had the Blugolds up 21-0 with about 5 minutes still left in the 1st quarter. Added 10 points in the second half and held the Pointers out of the endzone for the game.

First time to 4 wins since the 2018 season. First time staring a season 4-0 since who knows when. Maybe early 2000s? Now we'll see if we can beat a non UWSP WIAC opponent for the first time since 2019.

Kirbmania

Platteville outplayed by Stout but with a couple of defensive scores they get enough points to win.  Their pass defense is vey suspect, good passing teams will give them lots of trouble.  Overrated at #4.  With big win over River Falls, wouldn't be surprised if WW jumps both RF and Pville in the rankings.  Agree with all those who said it will be tough to go through WIAC undefeated.

fredfalcon

Tommy Novotney clearly the difference today. RF had nobody to match him: quicker, faster, more elusive than any other back on the field.I saw how much we miss Blaha today for the first time.D contained Novotney better second half.
Soft WW schedule for made zero difference, altho I thought it would.

I think McDevett will start vs Oshkosh next week.

WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!


GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

AndrewB

Quote from: fredfalcon on Today at 08:25:22 PMTommy Novotney clearly the difference today. RF had nobody to match him: quicker, faster, more elusive than any other back on the field.I saw how much we miss Blaha today for the first time.D contained Novotney better second half.
Soft WW schedule for made zero difference, altho I thought it would.

I think McDevett will start vs Oshkosh next week.



It was really just a few plays and the game is completely different.  Take out the 2 long runs in the first half and Whitewater is in huge hole.  And when Whitewater had to pass they got nothing.  Just don't turn the ball over and make 2 tackle's, the game is completely different.  But, that didn't happen.  Hats off to both defences.

KitchenSink

The UWW passing game really seemed to miss Jacques Brooks today. Hope he comes back soon.
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

emma17

Alright- I'm thrilled UWW got the win. The defense was incredible, stepping up time after time. I believe they forced 10 punts. 10 punts from UWRF- now that's a bet I wouldn't have taken.

I have to go negative though. I don't like calling out individual players/positions, however, I will here. Klinkner had one of the most ineffective, blah games I've seen from a UWW QB. on top of it, the UWW OC continues to believe it's beneficial to run Klinkner rather than hand the ball off. Klinkner does not give UWW a better chance of gaining rushing yards than a running back does, unless it's fourth and one. It appears the OC is not of a stonebreaker mentality when it comes to running backs. Klinkner averaged 1.5 yards per carry on 13 carries (there may be a couple pass plays he ran on/got sacked once). Tommy averaged 8.3 yards carry. Give the dang ball to the guys that can make things happen.
As for the passing game, what??? The D looks championship level (excellent tackling) and the offense looks high school.
It was an inept offense that allowed that game to even be close. UWW should have beat them by 20.