FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

DriftlessDuhawk

Ha things were getting salty in Cedar Rapids this weekend.

Duahawks spotted Coe 28 points in the first 17 minutes and then played them very close the rest of the way with the score at one point being 28-14 in the fourth quarter. Loras went 1-4 in the redzone and the afternoon turned into some woulda/shoulda/couldas.

I can't say I was impressed with Brady Kelly all that much. He was in and out of the game, not sure if he was injured or what, but the backup QB Coe played seemed just as good as Kelly did.

The Duhawks play with a little stink to them which I really don't mind and the Kohawks returned in kind when they got the opportunity. Hopefully Loras can open a bit quicker this weekend for homecoming against Simpson.

doolittledog

Quote from: DriftlessDuhawk on October 05, 2026, 06:12:21 PMHa things were getting salty in Cedar Rapids this weekend.

Duahawks spotted Coe 28 points in the first 17 minutes and then played them very close the rest of the way with the score at one point being 28-14 in the fourth quarter. Loras went 1-4 in the redzone and the afternoon turned into some woulda/shoulda/couldas.

I can't say I was impressed with Brady Kelly all that much. He was in and out of the game, not sure if he was injured or what, but the backup QB Coe played seemed just as good as Kelly did.

The Duhawks play with a little stink to them which I really don't mind and the Kohawks returned in kind when they got the opportunity. Hopefully Loras can open a bit quicker this weekend for homecoming against Simpson.
That 3rd quarter stop on the Coe 1 yard line I thought really messed things up for Loras.  If it had been 28-21 with quite a bit of time left, the Duhawks had a lot more options on offense. 

Of course you could also argue Coe might have opened up their offence if the the score had been closer.  Who knows.
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

DriftlessDuhawk

The play calling did change by Coe after they mounted a 28 point lead, but Loras also switched from a 3 man defensive front to a 4 man front. After this happened the Duhawks limited Coe to 115 yards and zero points on Coe's next 8 drives. You can make the argument that Coe may not have been trying hard to score but the Loras defense also got up off the mat after taking a pretty hefty punch.

Granted Coe also put the final nail in the coffin after the Loras offense got turned away in the redzone for the last time of the day with 1:42 remaining. And proceeded to rip off a 63 yard TD run to end things.

I wonder how much of the 3 man front we will see for the rest of the year.