FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

matblake


matblake

Quote from: Carthage Fan on October 15, 2007, 08:24:05 AM
Would love for you to knock off Wheaton this weekend! 

So would North Central and IWU.

matblake

Word has it that the North Park Vikings have brought in some ringers this week to take on the Thunder.  Their bios are listed here.

FormerCard

Quote from: matblake on October 15, 2007, 08:53:21 AM
Quote from: Carthage Fan on October 15, 2007, 08:24:05 AM
Would love for you to knock off Wheaton this weekend! 

So would North Central and IWU.

Definitely.  We have an outside chance of still making the playoffs if we win out...a very outside chance...the wash u loss killed us.   I dont think wheaton will lose twice in conf play..just not happening
Go Cards

FormerCard

A good week for POW for the Cardinals.  Fanthorpe AND Wenger...Solid

http://cciw.org/fall_football/FBPOW7_07.php
Go Cards

Titan Q

Quote from: bgbully40 on October 14, 2007, 09:00:52 PM
Always good to hear from TMS.  My key frustration was with kickoffs getting to the 6 yard line then having Augie run it out to the 40+ really hurt.  Even on the squib kicks they still were able to run it out to good field position. 
I think the most dangerous game for Wheaton will be the one bloomington. 
Good to see Q has something to talk about on this board always good with the commentary on his team. 
Q, I'm not sure,  do you do football broadcasts as well?



Thanks, bg.  As far as broadcasting goes, I just do hoops.

FormerCard

If NC, Wheaton, WashU all win out.
Wheaton 10-0
Wash U    9-1
NC           8-2  (losses to Wheaton, Wash U)

Any outside chance of a Pool C bid for the Cardinals?
Go Cards

matblake

Quote from: FormerCard on October 15, 2007, 09:56:50 AM
If NC, Wheaton, WashU all win out.
Wheaton 10-0
Wash U    9-1
NC           8-2  (losses to Wheaton, Wash U)

Any outside chance of a Pool C bid for the Cardinals?

Not looking good at this point.  Since Pool C is on a national scale, you have to take a look at the whole country.  Unfortunately, both losses for NC are in region, which significantly affects the rankings.  In a couple more weeks the picture of how many Pool C slots are in contention will be more clear, it will probably be easier to surmise at that point. 

Comet 14

Wow what a tough 4th quarter. Well lets start by saying that it was with out question a trapped ball for an INT. That being said I could not agree more with jaybird that it was not the reason for Elmhurst losing this game. The officiating was poor but fair to both sides. I think that Elmhurst's lack of a consistant running game is really hurting them. There are times in a game when you need to slow down take a deep breath and get a few first downs. The spread offense does not help this part of the game. I also think they try to pass down field to much and don't user the short passing game enough. Jaybird I would be interested in your thoughts on this. I will end with this, I see that Fanthorpe recieved POW honors congrat's to him but I would have given it to Sulo. He was the best player on the field and IMO the best running back I have seen in the conference this year hands down

79jaybird

Comet14 I agree with you and in my earlier post I didn't want to pinpoint or fingerpoint to the Bluejays offense.  I think they know what needs addressing and I know Kudyba will have a better game next week.  He just had a bad 10 minutes, which is human and we all have our bad moments.  Unfortunately, it just happened at a pivotal segment of the game.
Since Luna we haven't had a sturdy back in the backfield.  The Carthage game we were able to get at least a small running game going, but the Augie and now NC games, the running game has been abandoned.  I have never liked an all pass offense.  If you abandon the run, the is such a relief for the defense that can drop into coverage and plug up the passing lanes.  Why honor the run if you know they aren't going to run?
I don't think the running game is as much of a concern as predictability.  I think we both know that it was a guarantee that either on 1st or 2nd down they were going to do that quick shovel (dangerous!  >:( ) pass inside which gets 1-3 yards?
I agree Sulo was elusive and great, but I would agree that Fanthorpe is the POW and the reason NC won.  Fanthorpe was superb in finding the holes inside on the QB draws and his tosses were on the money all game long. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

usee

Quote from: FormerCard on October 15, 2007, 09:56:50 AM
If NC, Wheaton, WashU all win out.
Wheaton 10-0
Wash U    9-1
NC           8-2  (losses to Wheaton, Wash U)

Any outside chance of a Pool C bid for the Cardinals?

I agree w Mattblake. No chance at pool C for the Cards. They have the best chance at the AQ if they win out and one of the teams they beat knocks off the Thunder. Presumably that will be IWU. If that scenario plays out then the dreaded tiebreaker comes into play if Wheaton/NCC/IWU end up w 1 loss in conference. In case you don't remember its the point differrential between the 3 tied teams. So it matters how bad NCC beats IWU (of course they must win for this to matter) and then it matters how bad IWU beats Wheaton if that happens. Right now the only score differential we know is Wheaton beat NCC by 4.

usee

Jaybird,

Plus K for you for some very good posts in a tough time to be a bluejay fan.  :-\

Mr. Ypsi

usee, thanks for the reminder on the tie-break.  I was going to ask for a refresher, but thought it was too premature.

But as long as the prematurity ice has been broken - it would be best for the conference if IWU downed Wheaton, and the winner of the NCC-IWU game got the AQ.  A one-loss Wheaton team would still be a lock for a pool C (IMO); no other team has a snowball's chance in you-know-where for the conference to get a second team in.  [I'm sure my logic will not sway any Thunder fans, but its never too early to start lobbying support from the rest of the board! ;)]

FormerCard

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 15, 2007, 01:58:37 PM
usee, thanks for the reminder on the tie-break.  I was going to ask for a refresher, but thought it was too premature.

But as long as the prematurity ice has been broken - it would be best for the conference if IWU downed Wheaton, and the winner of the NCC-IWU game got the AQ.  A one-loss Wheaton team would still be a lock for a pool C (IMO); no other team has a snowball's chance in you-know-where for the conference to get a second team in.  [I'm sure my logic will not sway any Thunder fans, but its never too early to start lobbying support from the rest of the board! ;)]

you make a good point..isnt it just better for the conf if we get two teams in?

Maybe if wheaton fans can convince Swider to get a haircut that Saturday when they play IWU, it might keep him in the barbers chair all day and there would be no one to make those great second half adjustments that makes wheaton so good, right?
Go Cards

FormerCard

Pat,

when I click on the wheaton/augie photos from the weekend, all I get is Nc photos...just a little FYI
Go Cards