FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

ncc58

What? We're so busy discussing age and beauty that there's no discussion on the All Conference announcement?

Carthage Fan

OK, I am over the 56-10 loss in Kenosha.  NOT! 

Congrats to North Central!  They came to play, were well coached and executed in all aspects of the game.  Clearly they were on a mission and accomplished their goal.  Good Luck this weekend and represent the CCIW well!

The Red Men have some good motivation for next year.  I am proud of the Red Men and the way they fought through all the injuries and still remained competitive.   
"Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it."
George Halas

matblake


redman04

#13638
 

ART KELLER OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR – Aaron Fanthorpe - North Central

DON LARSON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR – Pete Ittersagen - Wheaton

BOB READE COACH OF THE YEAR – Norm Eash – Illinois Wesleyan


Congrats to the REDMEN All-Conf players
1ST team D
Donovan Moore
Franko Shenault

1ST team O
Bryan Bergman

1St Team Special Teams
Matt Denny

2ND team D
Nate Hughes

2ND team O
Brennan O'Boyle
Jeff Koeneman

**** All others Too!
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

CardinalAlum

Quote from: matblake on November 14, 2007, 09:17:22 AM
Here are the CCIW All Conference Picks and End of Season Awards
http://www.cciw.org/fall_football/07_fballconf.htm



No big surprises.  Congrats to all that made the all conference team.
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

FormerCard

Quote from: matblake on November 14, 2007, 09:17:22 AM
Here are the CCIW All Conference Picks and End of Season Awards
http://www.cciw.org/fall_football/07_fballconf.htm



When was the last time 2 underclassmen won the POY's?
Go Cards

Mugsy

Quote from: midwestfb on November 14, 2007, 08:37:53 AM
What? We're so busy discussing age and beauty that there's no discussion on the All Conference announcement?


When I checked out last night around midnight, the All-CCIW teams had not yet been posted.  So there wasn't any discussion yet...
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

79jaybird

I am glad the CCIW gave the COY award to Eash.  This is not a knock on Thorne, he is a great coach and well deserving, however what Eash did this year is not easy.  He took a team that was picked in no man's land in the CCIW and brought them to the top.  That's COY material and a well deserved honor for Normy.

Congratulations to the All-Conference Selections and to the Bluejays! That made the lists. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

For the most part, I would agree with most of the picks however, to leave LB John Scardullo (Elmhurst) off the list is a crying shame.  The guy set multiple defensive records for Elmhurst all year and to leave him off is a shame.  >:(
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

FormerCard

Quote from: 79jaybird on November 14, 2007, 10:12:36 AM
I am glad the CCIW gave the COY award to Eash.  This is not a knock on Thorne, he is a great coach and well deserving, however what Eash did this year is not easy.  He took a team that was picked in no man's land in the CCIW and brought them to the top.  That's COY material and a well deserved honor for Normy.

Congratulations to the All-Conference Selections and to the Bluejays! That made the lists. 

Congrats to Eash, only blemish in Conference play against the co-conference champ and Automatic qualifier North Central.... I dont know if JT will ever get it unless he runs the table it sounds like.

Go Cards

New Tradition

I am very pleased with the OPOY, DPOY and COY selections.  I think that they are all well deserved.  Congrats to all 3, as well as all of the all-conference selections!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

79jaybird

I think Coach Thorne would say something like, "I don't care one way or another with the COY award, our team has been in the playoffs 3 straight years now and that's all that matters."
He doesn't strike me as a coach that looks at individual honors and awards like some other coaches in this league do.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

redman04

Quote from: 79jaybird on November 14, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
I think Coach Thorne would say something like, "I don't care one way or another with the COY award, our team has been in the playoffs 3 straight years now and that's all that matters."
He doesn't strike me as a coach that looks at individual honors and awards like some other coaches in this league do.

like norm   ;D
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

FormerCard

Quote from: 79jaybird on November 14, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
I think Coach Thorne would say something like, "I don't care one way or another with the COY award, our team has been in the playoffs 3 straight years now and that's all that matters."
He doesn't strike me as a coach that looks at individual honors and awards like some other coaches in this league do.

You are 100% correct.  He just wins, thats all.     It may not fill up the mantle with COY awards, but it will fill up the walls with CCIW Championships and playoff plaques. 
Go Cards

79jaybird

My HS Football Coach used to tell us this acronym:

TEAM
T- TOGETHER
E- EVERYONE
A- ACCOMPLISHES
M- MORE

And this is what I preach when I coach the youth hockey teams.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION