FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.

irish21

Cornjerkers is a classic BB!

How about the Teutopolis Wooden Shoes and Lady Shoes? Or the Sidell (Jamaica) Salt Fork Storm. Or the South Beloit Sobos or maybe the Piasa (Southwestern) Piasa Birds. 

Where and how did they come up with these nicknames ???

I know, I have way too much time on my hands! These Saturday IHSA playoff games are taking me out of my normal Friday night lights routine!!


http://www.ihsa.org/school/nickname.htm
Iron Will

matblake

FormerCard,
NCC indeed will be concentrating on stopping the run, it is basically all Augie does!  The question remains whether or not they can stop it or not.  Carthage did show some success at stopping the offense of the Vikings.  Other than that most teams have not been able to stop it, even though I am sure they were focused on stopping the run. Even in the loss to Central, Augie had over 300 yards rushing.  I think to most people the NCC offense would be second to none, it's their defense that is questioned.  I think if they stop the Augie offense that you will really see the people jump on the Cardinal bandwagon. 

vikes35

augiedogie,

I was thinking the same exact thing about Wallick. It might be easy to stop a one back offense, but what happens when you have 4 (Roe is a RB in the Wing-T)coming at you on one play and about 12 that you might have to worry about for the whole game. IF Augie gets it going early, they will be tough to stop.

Scout team:

You might want to get their even earlier than 30-45 minutes prior maybe close to an hour. The lots for the most part have been full around 12 for almost every game this year, and street parking can be risky unless you are familiar with the area. If you get there about 11:45 you might get one of the last lots spots.


GO VIKINGS!!!!

wheaty

Who needs to lose in other conferences for the CCIW to send two teams to the playoffs?  At this point who is probably going to fill the pool C spot that one of our CCIW teams are hoping to fill?

augiedogie

Wheaty:
For getting 2 teams into the playoffs depends on the winner of the Augie NCC game. If Augie wins, NCC most likely still gets the Pool C bid because they will have only 1 loss (unless NPU gets their first conference win the following week). It's less likely that either Wheaton or Augie makes it into the playoffs with 2 losses. However with Augie ranked 4th in the region and Wheaton 9th, the winner of that game could sneak into the playoffs as well. Wheaton would have less of a chance for making the playoffs because one of the losses was to IWU which hurt their QOW's index which is one of the factors that is looked at when the selection committee picks the teams.

wheaty

Thanks dogie.  Where do we see the regional rankings? Is that a link off the d3 main page or something?

NCC_alum62

I believe in our D...I think they will step up like they did last year and really focus on thier option responsibilities...I wouldn't doubt Coach Weinke bringing back the D or a variation of it that he used last year (a 5-2 scheme), but thats speculation I don't know what he will do this year.

Augie's offense is really good on the ground, but I think NCC is up to the task and will win BIG if they stop Augie's O...

In the words of John Madden...if we can score more points than they do we got a shot at winning this football game

(thats a quote or at least a comic making fun of him...you decide)

Jim Matson

wheaty, the funny thing is that if you want 2 teams in from the CCIW, you want Augie to win and then also beat Wheaton.  Add that to North Central defeating North Park and you have a lock.

Wheaton upsetting Augie just messes things up for everyone!

I actually think Augie will win this year just based on the teams and on odds.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

Redmen96

As far as I am concerned the Shockers are nothing to joke about that is a fine wholesome name and something that should be practiced daily.  And excellent reference to The Holy Grail.  Now if I could only remember the air speed velocity of a swallow.  I still think NCC pulls out the conference championship.  Good for them.  It is nice to be this pumped up about your team like us REDMEN feel.
We will always be REDMEN

augiedogie

wheaty:

For awhile it was a link on the main page on the right hand side.  I'm not sure anymore where it is, but the last rankings had 3 CCIW teams in the top 10 at 1,4,9 NCC,Augie,Wheaton.


Mr. Ypsi

There is a board addressed to regional rankings in the general football section.

augiedogie

Wheaty:
Actually I think there is a glitch in the link right now. I'm trying to click on the East/North region and it keeps bringing up the South and the West. The link is right above the poll question though.

Augie6

I believe that tomorrow's Augie/NCC game could be very similar to the Wheaton/Augie games over the past few years; the last team to score wins.  I don't see Augie's defense being able to stop NCC's O and, despite last year's result, I don't see NCC's D shutting down the wing-t.  What I am hoping for is that the Augie D will be able to make 1 or 2 key stops when everything is on the line.  They were able to pull this off at Carthage this year, but haven't been able to do that the past few seasons when it really mattered.  Until they demonstrate that ability, they will be sitting at home come playoff time. 

Good luck to both teams.  GO AUGIE!!!
Augie Football:  CCIW Champions:  1949-66-68-75-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-90-91-93-94-97-99-01-05-06     NCAA Champions:  1983-84-85-86

wheaty

how is NCC ranked higher than Mt. Union in region but not overall in top 25?

Patrick Coleman

Quote from: augiedogie on November 04, 2005, 10:08:40 PM
Wheaty:
Actually I think there is a glitch in the link right now. I'm trying to click on the East/North region and it keeps bringing up the South and the West. The link is right above the poll question though.

Scroll down.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.