FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 33 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr. Ypsi

Augie 1st and goal at the 8; under 7 minutes left.

I'm getting VERY nervous.

Mr. Ypsi

Augie 21, IWU 13.

We've shut down Podulka's passing in the second half, but cannot stop the run.

5:17 to go.

usee


Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: usee on October 18, 2008, 09:23:54 PM
still just a 1 score game though Chuck.

I'm VERY nervous, but I have NOT thrown in the towel! ;)

Cap just committed their NINTH turnover.  Even Carthage hasn't managed THAT! ;)

Mr. Ypsi


Mr. Ypsi

4th and 8 - 15 yards to Ceisel!!

Now 3rd and 10 at the Augie 30.

(It's confusing when the livestats are at least 25 seconds ahead of the broadcast!)

4th and 10; incomplete.

Barring a miracle, game over.


usee

millikin scores. wheaton blocks the xtra point and millikin picks it up and runs it in for 2.

30-15 2min left

Mr. Ypsi

Oh, man - IWU sacks Podulka, would get the ball back with about 50 seconds.  And the zebras call a face-mask!!  Game over, Augie wins 21-13.

usee

Millikin uses all their timeouts and rushes everyone as the thunder try to run the clock out. on 3rd and 11 wheaton throws it deep.

TD

37-15 1.40 to play

Mr. Ypsi

usee, JCU beat Cap 13-3, despite being out-gained by more than 2 to 1.  Poor JK (vitually the lone Cap fan on the OAC board) went postal over their NINE turnovers. :o

FormerCard

Quote from: usee on October 18, 2008, 09:41:47 PM
Millikin uses all their timeouts and rushes everyone as the thunder try to run the clock out. on 3rd and 11 wheaton throws it deep.

TD

37-15 1.40 to play

I see USEE!  He is the guy typing furiously on his blackberry!   ;D
Go Cards

FormerCard

#16076
Stats for Wenger from this week.. 18 tackles,  2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 pass breakup

Someone will have to have a heck of a week to stop Wenger from getting his 3rd POW.

That being said....I checked out the stats for Wright from Elmhurst today...  17 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 sack, 3 QB hurries.  not bad at all...
Go Cards

usee

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 18, 2008, 09:59:08 PM
usee, JCU beat Cap 13-3, despite being out-gained by more than 2 to 1.  Poor JK (vitually the lone Cap fan on the OAC board) went postal over their NINE turnovers. :o


That is some funny stuff. If you guys want to see it go to the OAC board and read the posts as the Cap game progresses and JK gets increasingly incensed.

Of course I got a ZERO on my OAC pickem's. Holy smokes. My first shutout. That's pathetic.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: usee on October 18, 2008, 11:02:50 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 18, 2008, 09:59:08 PM
usee, JCU beat Cap 13-3, despite being out-gained by more than 2 to 1.  Poor JK (vitually the lone Cap fan on the OAC board) went postal over their NINE turnovers. :o


That is some funny stuff. If you guys want to see it go to the OAC board and read the posts as the Cap game progresses and JK gets increasingly incensed.

Of course I got a ZERO on my OAC pickem's. Holy smokes. My first shutout. That's pathetic.

Yep.  Among the CCIW contingent on the OAC pickems, matblake caught you, and I'm just 1 point back.  Of course poor Mugsy is fading in the rear-view mirror! ;D

In fairness to usee (for those CCIW posters who don't view the OAC pickems), he was the overall leader just a couple weeks back.  Not bad for a 'foreigner'. :D

AndOne

Quote from: AndOne on October 12, 2008, 03:47:55 AM
Quote from: AndOne on October 04, 2008, 06:27:52 PM

NCC 31
Millikin 13

This game was basically over at halftime with NCC leading 28-6. The 2nd half was largely a bore with substitutions galore.

There were indeed some late hits out of bounds on both sides. Overall, the Cards were penalized 11 times for 104 yards. This involves the mental aspect of the game, and must improve if the Cards are going to come out on the winning end when they face tougher competition.


As I said after the NCC-Millikin game---If North Central is going to win against stronger opponents, it must cut down on the penalties. Evidently, stupid penalties continue to be a problem. If this continues, chances seem high that NC will screw itself out of a win somewhere down the road when they meet stiffer competition.


NCC fans----(and any others)

I'm sorry to keep beating a tired horse, but 15 more penalties for 191 yards. Wow! I was concerned after the Millikin game, and that concern continued following  North Park. Now as the competition gets stronger, the NCC penalty situation seems to be getting worse rather than better. As I'm more knowledgeable regarding the NCC basketball team, I would appreciate some insight from you more regular NCC football posters--as well as any other fans who care to comment. Based on what I've observed in the last 3 games, the following questions come to mind.
Not asking to be overly critical, just trying to get a handle on why so many penalties, and the possible solution to the problem.
Thoughts please----

1. Am I overly concerned about the penalties?
2. Who, (if anyone) is primarily at fault here. Players? Coaches?
3. What steps can be taken to cut down on the amount of penalties--especially the really stupid ones?
4. What are the chances for a victory over Wheaton if the Cards are heavily penalized again? Is cutting down on the penalties one of the main keys to the game?

Thanks to all for your insight.