FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

NCF

Wow.. I get it and it is pointless to argue with some people. Go Cards-hopefully you'll get it done with a little help from your "friends".  ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Mr. Ypsi

It is good to not use injuries as an 'excuse'.  It is also good to recognize reality.

I yield to no one in having 'green-tinted glasses'.  At the same time, I doubt IWU could have stayed within 2-3 TDs of a fully healthy NCC, and am somewhat dubious we could have won Saturday if Fanthorpe was still in.  (Just as, 2 years ago when IWU knocked Wheaton out of the playoffs and won a share of the title, the Thunder team that began the season probably would have won by 3 TDs.)

As to the 'gentle treatment' of Stanek - for a freshman qb to suddenly have to face the best defense (statistically, at least) in the CCIW in a crucial game, I thought he played remarkably well.  For him to not play like Kniss or Fanthorpe is hardly a fair standard to use, IMO.

Mugsy

Quote from: newcardfan on November 02, 2009, 04:56:55 PM
Wow.. I get it and it is pointless to argue with some people.

I  agree... particularly when people can not respond to direct questions and instead resort to using a simple terse responses to move on to the next topic.  In this case "it is pointless to argue" because you won't respond to any counterpoints.  You won't answer the inquiries to pull out exact what you mean.  So basically it is left to if you don't agree with me, you're wrong.  I can't discuss anything with you because you simple regurgitate the same post again and again as if saying the same thing 15 times will make it right and win over all opposing viewpoints.  

You are correct.  It is "pointless to argue" with you because you won't respond with anything new or as follow up.  The amazing thing is... I COMPLETELY agree with your view as it relates to players and coaches.  I completely disagree that fans can not even for a moment consider the impact of events (injuries), specific plays, bounces of the ball, whatever... that may have played a key role in the outcome of a game.

Don't worry... I won't be spending anymore of my time attempting to understand your viewpoint and providing a counter point since it is fruitless to do so as nothing comes back in return.  

I am wrong as often as I am right (probably more often than I'm right) and I appreciate the alternative viewpoints presented by others on this board, but only if it has some substance behind it.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

NCF

Yes, you are the king of this domain. How dare anyone disagree with your almighty viewpoint.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: newcardfan on November 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
Yes, you are the king of this domain. How dare anyone disagree with your almighty viewpoint.

That got you the first 'smite' from me.  Mugsy has never claimed to be 'king' of the site, but has earned respect.  You have earned diddly-squat, and your attitude has probably earned you a one-way ticket to oblivion.

Grow up or get lost.

usee

Newcardfan- I won't give up that title so easily. To quote one of my favorite movie lines "you called down the Thunder well now you got it".

NCC was playing without their 4 senior Captains and the 4 best players at their respective positions in the cciw las saturday. While I think what they have done with their backups is admirable the 4 backups to those plays aren't the best players in the conference at their positions. Lest you forget the wheaton/ncc game was 7-7 at half and Fanthorpe went on to earn player of the week honors with his 2nd half performance (which also secured the game). I think its pretty simple....if Fanthorpe plays in the second half last saturday NCC wins that game easily. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delirious.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: USee on November 02, 2009, 07:37:00 PM
Newcardfan- I won't give up that title so easily. To quote one of my favorite movie lines "you called down the Thunder well now you got it".

NCC was playing without their 4 senior Captains and the 4 best players at their respective positions in the cciw las saturday. While I think what they have done with their backups is admirable the 4 backups to those plays aren't the best players in the conference at their positions. Lest you forget the wheaton/ncc game was 7-7 at half and Fanthorpe went on to earn player of the week honors with his 2nd half performance (which also secured the game). I think its pretty simple....if Fanthorpe plays in the second half last saturday NCC wins that game easily. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delirious.

Well, I've been called worse than 'delirious'! ;D

As I posted, a fully healthy NCC would have given IWU no chance.  With a healthy Fanthorpe I was 'dubious' the Titans would win, but I thought Stanek played well enough that 'wins that game easily' is going way too far.  Let's give the Titan defense some credit - they might have made Fanthorpe look like Stanek in the second half! ;)

usee

I think IWU has the best defense in the conference but I don't think Wheatons and NCC's are too far behind. I've watched Fanthorpe dismantle every CCIW team over the last 2 yrs so you can think what you want but there is no way IWU wins with Fanthorpe playing 4 Quarters

oldnuthin

Quote from: USee on November 02, 2009, 07:37:00 PM
Newcardfan- I won't give up that title so easily. To quote one of my favorite movie lines "you called down the Thunder well now you got it".

NCC was playing without their 4 senior Captains and the 4 best players at their respective positions in the cciw las saturday. While I think what they have done with their backups is admirable the 4 backups to those plays aren't the best players in the conference at their positions. Lest you forget the wheaton/ncc game was 7-7 at half and Fanthorpe went on to earn player of the week honors with his 2nd half performance (which also secured the game). I think its pretty simple....if Fanthorpe plays in the second half last saturday NCC wins that game easily. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delirious.

Tombstone, nice, Val Kilmer, I find " I'm your huckleberry" to be right on par with the Kurt Russel line...maybe better.

Wags

Quote from: USee on November 02, 2009, 07:49:14 PM
I think IWU has the best defense in the conference but I don't think Wheatons and NCC's are too far behind. I've watched Fanthorpe dismantle every CCIW team over the last 2 yrs so you can think what you want but there is no way IWU wins with Fanthorpe playing 4 Quarters

My sentiments exactly! 

ncc58

Quote from: USee on November 02, 2009, 07:49:14 PM
I think IWU has the best defense in the conference but I don't think Wheatons and NCC's are too far behind. I've watched Fanthorpe dismantle every CCIW team over the last 2 yrs so you can think what you want but there is no way IWU wins with Fanthorpe playing 4 Quarters

USee! Good to see you posting here again! Missed your always welcome insight.

ncc58

Quote from: newcardfan on November 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
Yes, you are the king of this domain. How dare anyone disagree with your almighty viewpoint.

NCF, both you and Mugsy are expressing personal opinions. Neither is almighty.

As far as I know, the Almighty doesn't post here.  ;D (I hope noone takes that the wrong way or is offended.)

Mugsy

#19482
Quote from: newcardfan on November 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
Yes, you are the king of this domain. How dare anyone disagree with your almighty viewpoint.

Hmm... to whom is this directed?  "You" could mean virtually anyone who posts here.  There is no quoted post to refer to, no explicit identification of who "you" is.   :P

Such a predictable response.  ::)  

Where do I say no one can disagree with my viewpoint?  There are numerous posters here who do not agree with me, but they at least take the time to say why and to back up what they say.  Where do I say my views are flawless?  In fact, did I not say in my recent post that more times than not "I'm wrong"?

You try to turn the table and label me as arrogant, and yet again you do not exhibit a single case where I say I'm always right.  I'm taking the time to "make an argument" or attempt to backup what I say and question your lack of understanding of what I'm saying.  I ask you a simple question which you still have not answered.  Your response... the post above. CLASSIC!  Guess you got me pegged.

QuoteVizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Mugsy

Quote from: midwestfb on November 02, 2009, 09:10:34 PM
Quote from: USee on November 02, 2009, 07:49:14 PM
I think IWU has the best defense in the conference but I don't think Wheatons and NCC's are too far behind. I've watched Fanthorpe dismantle every CCIW team over the last 2 yrs so you can think what you want but there is no way IWU wins with Fanthorpe playing 4 Quarters

USee! Good to see you posting here again! Missed your always welcome insight.

Wow... a smite from Mr. Ypsi and a USee sighting (other than for Pick-Ems).  Didn't realize I was part of stiring up such controversy... 

For those regular posters here, I'm done with this whole thread.  Sorry for the interruption.  Back to the important topics... this weeks slate.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Mugsy

CCIW players of the week announced:

http://www.cciw.org/fall_football/FBPOW9_09.php

QuoteNAPERVILLE, Ill. -- Illinois Wesleyan's Kraig Ladd, Wheaton's Brian McMullen and Carthage's Tyler Funk were named College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) Football Players of the Week Monday.

Ladd, a senior quarterback from Shelbyville, Ill., and Shelbyville High School, returned from missing two weeks with a broken hand to lead Illinois Wesleyan to a 28-22 overtime win against North Central on Saturday. He completed 23-of-48 passes for 340 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winner to Michael Sloboda (Wheaton, Ill./Wheaton-Warrenville South) from 10 yards out in overtime. The 340 yards is the 13th best in a single game at Illinois Wesleyan. Ladd also was the Titans' leading rusher in the game, accounting for 67 yards on 13 carries for a total offensive day of 407 yards (of the 505 Illinois Wesleyan gained). He had one rushing touchdown. Ladd is a Business Administration major.

McMullen, a sophomore safety from Oceanside, Calif., and Vista High School, recorded nine tackles, including four solo stops, in leading Wheaton to a 38-7 win over Elmhurst on Saturday. McMullen intercepted a Bluejay pass in the game and returned it 30 yards for a touchdown, and he also recorded two tackles for lost yardage (-2 yards). He is a Christian Formation & Ministry and Business/Economics major.

Funk, a senior kicker/punter from Racine, Wis., and Horlick High School, punted twice in Carthage's 41-28 win over Millikin on Saturday, averaging 51.5 yards with a 57-yard punt in the first quarter. Funk entered the game ranked first among NCAA Division III punters (44.88 yards per punt). He is a Special Education major.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019