FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 33 Guests are viewing this topic.

iwu70

Pretty sure Devonte Jones will get his record.  Hope Gallik has a big day too -- he's had a great career at IWU.  Simms too.  Let's hope the seniors can keep it going a few more weeks. 

Ypsi, I'll be there, got an extra game this visit as a bonus -- but it is to be about 12 degrees in the morning, so probably 20-25 F by kick-off.  My thin Hong Kong blood is not up for this freezer!  Yes, I admit I'm a wimp when it comes to such temps.

IWU70


Gregory Sager

Thanks, bleedpurple. But it'd be hard to honestly answer a question about what drives Mike Conway and what makes him able to motivate his players without bringing his faith into it, because that's where it all starts for him.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: iwu70 on November 21, 2013, 08:52:09 PM
I'll say NCC over Albion 48-7 and IWU over Wartburg 31-17.  I'm hoping the CCIW will rock and roll this weekend.  Good luck to North Central in the first round.

USee, thanks for the analysis, your sense, your appraisal of Wartburg.  Their probably pretty solid, so could be a closer game than my prediction above.

It's gonna be real cold, clear and no rain at all, likely 20-25 F at kickoff.  Even colder up at NCC.

We can all go inside and get warm, for a great game -- women's basketball -- IWU vs. WI-SP, at 4 p.m. after football @The Shirk.  Point is currently #23 in the D3hoops national ranking.

GO TITANS!

IWU70
IWU, I generally like your spreads, but would trim it by a couple and take the under on total points in the IWU v. Wartburg game... IMO. I think that matchup will be fun to watch.

Cardinal weather in the forecast for B-W on Saturday!!

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 21, 2013, 09:15:29 PM
Some IWU players who could break school records in the Wartburg game:

Rob Gallik, career passing yards - needs 155, is averaging 214.9
Devonte Jones, season rushing yards - needs 74, is averaging 100.6
Chris Simms, season solo tackles - needs 4, is averaging 6.3

Gallik already holds the career record for pass completions; if they win Saturday, he may have an outside chance at the season record for passing TDs against Bethel (he needs 6 to tie, is averaging 2.4).



Or he could break it Saturday if Norm is up big in the 2nd half!   ;D :P ;). Good luck, Titans! 
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

formerd3db

Gregory:

Thanks for the reply and, yes, further insight.  From what you say, I can understand why.  Sometimes it just takes someone like that to change the attitude.  And yes, I do believe in that kind of Faith too, which is, IMO, more than applicable to such situations (I agree with you that others might not agree with us on that, but...so be it). :) 

Anyway, what a great feeling it must be for you guys at NPU to have a new enthusiasm heading into the off-season and a great new attitude for next year (even though you lost to us i.e. Hope this year! - Just a little levity there course. ::) ;))   
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice



iwu70

Interesting lines . . . not too too far from mine.  I have IWU a bit more over Wartburg -- guess it's my Greenie glasses.

Good weekend all -- some great D3 sports on tap.

IWU70


AndOne

CONGRATS TO NORTH CENTRAL QB SPENCER STANEK WHO HAS BEEN NAMED A 2013 ALL-AMERICAN BY THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION.  ;D

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/sports/fbl_ncc-NAP-11222013:article

I was unable to find the entire team list anywhere.


iwu70

Congrats to Stanek.  A truly outstanding year.

Go CCIW, Go TITANS!

'70

Naperick

Best wishes to the Titans & Cardinals tomorrow!!
Stay warm!

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: Stagg or Bust on November 17, 2013, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 17, 2013, 04:12:55 PM
Hey, I'm perfectly fine with ending that particular discussion.

Anybody want to make some guesses about the All-CCIW team, and/or does anybody disagree with the idea that Stanek and Dierking are locks for OPOY and DPOY?
When I cast my votes, they will be for Stanek and Dierking.  I also would think that both should get some consideration for All-American status... IMO
My votes have counted.