FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovo and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: USee on November 10, 2019, 11:24:01 AM
Article in the Pantagraph on NCC win:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/no-north-central-uses-big-plays-to-roll-past-illinois/article_6eee8091-4ee6-5fdc-b335-2bc535c63c6f.html

Quote from Coach Eash:
"They're a good team. Do I think they're 69-14 (better than IWU)? No, I don't think they're that good."

Classic Norm.

And a perfect example of it....

D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

AndOne

Quote from: USee on November 10, 2019, 11:24:01 AM
Article in the Pantagraph on NCC win:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/no-north-central-uses-big-plays-to-roll-past-illinois/article_6eee8091-4ee6-5fdc-b335-2bc535c63c6f.html

Quote from Coach Eash:
"They're a good team. Do I think they're 69-14 (better than IWU)? No, I don't think they're that good."

Classic Norm.

Dear Norm,

The the final scoreboard, the stat sheet, and anyone who was at the game yesterday and had their eyes open all say otherwise. Glad you had a pleasant ride home.

kiko

Illinois Wesleyan has had a lot of very good coaches over the years.  Norm is among them.

Illinois Wesleyan has also had a lot of coaches who reflect very positively on the university and represent it well.  Greenies may feel differently, but as an outsider, I don't include him in that group.

ncc_fan

#37248
Quote from: lmitzel on November 10, 2019, 11:38:31 AM
Quote from: USee on November 10, 2019, 11:24:01 AM
Article in the Pantagraph on NCC win:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/no-north-central-uses-big-plays-to-roll-past-illinois/article_6eee8091-4ee6-5fdc-b335-2bc535c63c6f.html

Quote from Coach Eash:
"They're a good team. Do I think they're 69-14 (better than IWU)? No, I don't think they're that good."

Classic Norm.

He's just jealous his team was on the wrong side of SportsCenter's #6 Top Play.

Here's the same play viewed from the back of the end zone.

thunder38

Quote from: blue_jays on November 10, 2019, 12:57:23 PM
Quote from: USee on November 10, 2019, 11:24:01 AM
Article in the Pantagraph on NCC win:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/no-north-central-uses-big-plays-to-roll-past-illinois/article_6eee8091-4ee6-5fdc-b335-2bc535c63c6f.html

Quote from Coach Eash:
"They're a good team. Do I think they're 69-14 (better than IWU)? No, I don't think they're that good."

Classic Norm.

Typical crap. Never giving the other team credit in a 55-point loss. IWU coulda had everyone healthy and they still lose by 20+. If he doesn't think NCC is "that good", what is he saying about his own team? Maybe he should think about taking the high road sometime.

In his defense, Norm may have a point. After all, his team was 21 points worse than a WashU team that was 33 points worse than North Central. So to say North Central is 55 points better than IWU may be unfair. Math definitely proves they're 54 points better though.
You win some, you lose some, and sometimes it rains.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: USee on November 10, 2019, 11:24:01 AM
Article in the Pantagraph on NCC win:

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/no-north-central-uses-big-plays-to-roll-past-illinois/article_6eee8091-4ee6-5fdc-b335-2bc535c63c6f.html

Quote from Coach Eash:
"They're a good team. Do I think they're 69-14 (better than IWU)? No, I don't think they're that good."

Classic Norm.

It doesn't get any Normier than that.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Jim Matson

#37251
I watched most of the North Central/IWU game (while also watching the Wheaton/Carthage game), and I thought that there were a few of those fluky plays that pop up once in a great while that add 14 points to the score. The last three minutes of the first half were really bad for the Titans, for example. Overall, regardless of Norm's opinion, the Cards are a lot better than the Titans!

(wow, that QB is really good. IWU had no answer for his accuracy)
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

USee


CardinalAlum

Thank you to all of our Veterans out there in D3 land!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Gregory Sager

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

augie77



Gregory Sager

Congrats to NPU's Gary Anish for winning DPOW!

That's a nice consolation for having to miss half of his senior season due to injury.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gregory Sager

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

79jaybird

(another) one of Norm's shortcomings  makes you really appreciate how humble coaches like Mike Swider, the late Tim Rucks, and Doug Neibuhr are/were.   In talking to these folks, I never sensed any arrogance or felt like they weren't worth discussing (x) topics about. 

I don't think Cardinal Nation is worried about how or what Norm thinks.  They decided it on the field in fine fashion and are thinking playoffs.  Not  what "excuse" Norm will scratch and claw to find.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION