FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ccrfer and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: GusD on November 01, 2025, 07:16:40 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2025, 04:47:26 PMWash U 38, Millikin 7
Augustana 42, Illinois Wesleyan 21


So much for all the previous scenarios with IWU beating Augie after the Vikings doubled up on the titans today.

The final score is deceptive. It was a seven-point game until Augie scored two touchdowns in the final 6:06 of the contest.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

GusD

#43201
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2025, 04:19:51 PMMeanwhile, on the ho-hum side of things:

North Central 65, Carroll 7
Wheaton 65, Elmhurst 0

Yep, a bit ho-hum by the Cardinals today for sure. In addition to rushing and passing TDs, they only had additional touchdowns on a pick six, and a punt return. Unlike last week, there were no scores today on either fumble recoveries, or blocked kicks.  :-\

Cardinal defensive end Bobby Medina is on a hot streak with regard to special plays. Last week he returned an Augie fumble for a TD, and today he had a pick-six.
Who's the hunter, and who's the game? (Scandal)
Not much between despair and ecstasy (Tim Rice from the musical Chess)
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion

robertgoulet

Quote from: D3fanboy on November 01, 2025, 05:03:31 PMNCC beating the brakes off of Johnny Hopkins in Baltimore right before Xmas is going to be something else

I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins
You win! You always do!

USee

Quote from: GusD on November 01, 2025, 07:16:40 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2025, 04:47:26 PMWash U 38, Millikin 7
Augustana 42, Illinois Wesleyan 21


So much for all the previous scenarios with IWU beating Augie after the Vikings doubled up on the titans today.
I'm pretty sure Augie beating IWU was one of the possible scenarios

CarollFan

Updated NPI's.

https://d3datacast.com/npi/fb/

NCC #4
Wheaton #27
Augie #53
WashU #59
IWU #108
Carroll #140
Carthage #150
NPU #155
Millikin #185
Elmhurst #216

ncc_fan

#43205
Quote from: CarollFan on November 02, 2025, 09:51:17 AMUpdated NPI's.

https://d3datacast.com/npi/fb/

NCC #4
Wheaton #27
Augie #53
WashU #59
IWU #108
Carroll #140
Carthage #150
NPU #155
Millikin #185
Elmhurst #216
More importantly, Wheaton is #10 among likely Pool C candidates. Per Logan Hansen's simulations, Wheaton has pretty nearly a lock on a Pool C spot. https://loghan.shinyapps.io/hansen-ratings-diii-football-season-simulation-distributions/

Cardinal773

#2 Mount Union   (Wheaton L, 37-29)
#20 Central     (IWU L, 27-18)
#70 UW-Oshkosh     (NCC W, 45-14)
#83 Simpson      (Augie W, 42-41)
#135 UW-Eau Claire   (Carroll L, 29-7)
#151 Ripon       (NPU W, 35-19)
#196 Lakeland     (Carthage W, 51-40)
#205 Rhodes     (WashU W, 49-0)
#226 Rockford     (Elmhurst W, 34-30)
#236 Luther     (Millikin W, 33-3)

GusD

#43207
Quote from: USee on November 02, 2025, 01:14:18 AM
Quote from: GusD on November 01, 2025, 07:16:40 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 01, 2025, 04:47:26 PMWash U 38, Millikin 7
Augustana 42, Illinois Wesleyan 21


So much for all the previous scenarios with IWU beating Augie after the Vikings doubled up on the titans today.
I'm pretty sure Augie beating IWU was one of the possible scenarios

Certainly it was one of the many scenarios discussed. However, since all the scenarios dealt with which team might end up going to the Isthmus Bowl, I assumed others would naturally know what I was referring to was so much for IWU's chances of being in the Isthmus after being beaten by Augie. I guess I could have been a little clearer.
Who's the hunter, and who's the game? (Scandal)
Not much between despair and ecstasy (Tim Rice from the musical Chess)
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion

washdupcard

Quote from: robertgoulet on November 01, 2025, 11:51:07 PM
Quote from: D3fanboy on November 01, 2025, 05:03:31 PMNCC beating the brakes off of Johnny Hopkins in Baltimore right before Xmas is going to be something else

I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins

and Sloan Kettering.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

USee

#43209
Quote from: Cardinal773 on November 02, 2025, 03:44:36 PM#2 Mount Union  (Wheaton L, 37-29)
#20 Central    (IWU L, 27-18)
#70 UW-Oshkosh    (NCC W, 45-14)
#83 Simpson      (Augie W, 42-41)
#135 UW-Eau Claire  (Carroll L, 29-7)
#151 Ripon      (NPU W, 35-19)
#196 Lakeland    (Carthage W, 51-40)
#205 Rhodes    (WashU W, 49-0)
#226 Rockford    (Elmhurst W, 34-30)
#236 Luther    (Millikin W, 33-3)

 


773-I can't say I understand the point of this. Is it just CCIW results against various teams?

Patrick Coleman

It's the entirety of non-conference play for the CCIW for this season.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.


CarollFan

https://hansenratings.github.io/2025%20Week%2010.html

Carroll vs. IWU looks like game with smallest spread. IWU predicted to win by a TD.

A battle for 5th place. ;D


Cardinal773

Quote from: USee on November 03, 2025, 11:07:32 AM
Quote from: Cardinal773 on November 02, 2025, 03:44:36 PM#2 Mount Union  (Wheaton L, 37-29)
#20 Central    (IWU L, 27-18)
#70 UW-Oshkosh    (NCC W, 45-14)
#83 Simpson      (Augie W, 42-41)
#135 UW-Eau Claire  (Carroll L, 29-7)
#151 Ripon      (NPU W, 35-19)
#196 Lakeland    (Carthage W, 51-40)
#205 Rhodes    (WashU W, 49-0)
#226 Rockford    (Elmhurst W, 34-30)
#236 Luther    (Millikin W, 33-3)

 


773-I can't say I understand the point of this. Is it just CCIW results against various teams?


Yep.  Sorry for not providing context.  I saw the list of NPI rankings for our CCIW teams and wondered about the rankings of our OOC opponents.  This is just a gut punch for WashU I think.  I wonder what ranking WashU's OOC opponent would have had to be in order for them to be in the pool C conversation.

I just think WashU is a playoff worthy team and it is disappointing that they won't have a chance to show that.  Then again, their OOC opponent was #205 Rhodes.