FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

footballfan413

#18285
Quote from: washdupcard on January 25, 2009, 05:28:59 PM
This may be the worst sports weekend of the year.   No football, no baseball, no real hockey...only NBA and a couple lame college basketball games.  Well at least its warm...wait.  I'm going back to sleep until March.

I felt the same way.  First weekend without football to watch on TV since August.  It sucked! 

Please, allow us a small grace period to mourn before we have to move on, GS.  It takes some of us longer than others.   ;)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

theoneandonly

im not real familiar with the cciw football and how it ranks, but i was wondering, how does IWU look for next year? did they have a lot of grads? also anything on Millikin?
Baseball players get to every base.

CardinalAlum

The NCC football team will be playing a game in Switzerland this June!  These trips seem to be a positive because of all of the extra practice time that is allowed.  Have heard some great news about recruiting for the Cardinals!!  Stay tuned as we get these kids wrapped up in Cardinal red!!!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 27, 2009, 09:15:11 PM
The NCC football team will be playing a game in Switzerland this June!  These trips seem to be a positive because of all of the extra practice time that is allowed.  Have heard some great news about recruiting for the Cardinals!!  Stay tuned as we get these kids wrapped up in Cardinal red!!!

Yeah, but does it count as in-region? :D

FormerCard

Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 27, 2009, 09:15:11 PM
The NCC football team will be playing a game in Switzerland this June!  These trips seem to be a positive because of all of the extra practice time that is allowed.  Have heard some great news about recruiting for the Cardinals!!  Stay tuned as we get these kids wrapped up in Cardinal red!!!

Is this the same one that alumni play in?  I would enjoy watching you put the chinstrap back on..
Go Cards

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 27, 2009, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 27, 2009, 09:15:11 PM
The NCC football team will be playing a game in Switzerland this June!  These trips seem to be a positive because of all of the extra practice time that is allowed.  Have heard some great news about recruiting for the Cardinals!!  Stay tuned as we get these kids wrapped up in Cardinal red!!!

Yeah, but does it count as in-region? :D

Possibly, but not sure if it is pre-season or non-conference!!   ::) :D
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

CardinalAlum

Quote from: FormerCard on January 27, 2009, 09:46:32 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 27, 2009, 09:15:11 PM
The NCC football team will be playing a game in Switzerland this June!  These trips seem to be a positive because of all of the extra practice time that is allowed.  Have heard some great news about recruiting for the Cardinals!!  Stay tuned as we get these kids wrapped up in Cardinal red!!!

Is this the same one that alumni play in?  I would enjoy watching you put the chinstrap back on..

No, this will be the current NCC team.
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

ncc58

Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 28, 2009, 08:21:19 AM
Possibly, but not sure if it is pre-season or non-conference!!   ::) :D

I think this game is definitely considered pre-season.  ;D

I think the team practices are limited to just two sessions. It's a very expensive team bonding exercise.

New Tradition

#18293
Quote from: midwestfb on January 28, 2009, 05:54:37 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on January 28, 2009, 08:21:19 AM
Possibly, but not sure if it is pre-season or non-conference!!   ::) :D

I think this game is definitely considered pre-season.  ;D

I think the team practices are limited to just two sessions. It's a very expensive team bonding exercise.

When I went with the team to Italy, I don't know exactly how many practices we had, but I do know that it was more than two while we were at North Central before we left.  I want to say we had something like 8 or so spread out over 2 weeks, but only one in Italy (on ground that was pretty much a slab of concrete).  It was during the practice time at the college that we installed an entirely new audible system on the offensive side of the ball that they still use today when they are in fastball.

edited to clarify
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

DIIIinVA

I understand that Wheaton recently received a commitment from an excellent QB prospect.  Can anyone confirm?

robertgoulet

Quote from: DIIIinVA on January 30, 2009, 10:48:29 AM
I understand that Wheaton recently received a commitment from an excellent QB prospect.  Can anyone confirm?

This work for you?

http://football.dailyherald.com/story/?id=268568&src=290
You win! You always do!

thunderdog

#18296
Quote from: robertgoulet on January 31, 2009, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: DIIIinVA on January 30, 2009, 10:48:29 AM
I understand that Wheaton recently received a commitment from an excellent QB prospect.  Can anyone confirm?

This work for you?

http://football.dailyherald.com/story/?id=268568&src=290

Wow...Jordan Roberts to Wheaton College... FANTASTIC!

I love the last line of the article.  "He walked out (of his visit) and said, 'Dad, that's where I want to go.'"  I think that's what I told my pops, verbatim, 16 years ago (has it been that long?), after my visit.

Jordan... as the great philosopher Fuzz used to say, "WELCOME TO WHEATON"

DIIIinVA

Quote from: robertgoulet on January 31, 2009, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: DIIIinVA on January 30, 2009, 10:48:29 AM
I understand that Wheaton recently received a commitment from an excellent QB prospect.  Can anyone confirm?

This work for you?

http://football.dailyherald.com/story/?id=268568&src=290


Sweet, thanks for the link!  I wasn't 100% sure it was supposed to be common knowledge yet, so didn't mention his name.  This guy was being looked at by a lot of big time D-1 programs after his soph and into his jr season, visited ND a bunch as well as many others, etc. but never grew quite as big or developed quite the arm strength that the major D-1's wanted to see.  Still, it' quite a coup for Wheaton to get him over some of the offers and walkon opportunites he did have.  Sounds like a great fit for Wheaton overall too, not just on the football field.

NCC_5087

wow.. how about that superbowl... may have topped last years game.. great game even though money was lost... :-/
"I myself dabbed in pacifism once, not in Nam of course"

Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

formerd3db

Yes, great Super Bowl.  Either team could have won; Pittsburgh deserved the win.  However, officiating crew was lousy - they missed many calls, and while they made [some of] the obvious ones, they even messed those up. :P :-X  Certainly not the stellar officiating crews that they had from the last two Super Bowls (of which featured a former MIAA player on the crew).  Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't one of those boring Super Bowl blowouts that have been witnessed quite a few times.  ;)
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice