FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovo and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.


usee

Wheaton College has added a Football Lineman camp this summer featuring Andy Studebaker and Head Coach Mike Swider as Coaches

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/sports/2010/3/24/FB_camp2010.aspx?id=153

Mugsy

#20117
Wow!  Nick Merchut of Carthage gets a tryout with the Chicago Bears.  Congrats to Nick and best of luck.

Good news for Nick is that the Bears have perhaps the weakest receiver corp in all of the NFL.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019



New Tradition

Quote from: ncc_fan on April 29, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
2010 NCC recruits
http://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2010/4/20/BB_0420102850.aspx?path=football

33 kids on the list, pretty good for this time of year.  I haven't been around to see any IHSA football this past season, so I may be missing some names that might be obvious to others who paid closer attention, but the name that stands out to me is Dierking of WWS.  I assume he is brother of Dan Dierking, currently at Purdue? 
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

oldnuthin

Quote from: New Tradition on April 29, 2010, 04:20:07 PM
Quote from: ncc_fan on April 29, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
2010 NCC recruits
http://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2010/4/20/BB_0420102850.aspx?path=football

33 kids on the list, pretty good for this time of year.  I haven't been around to see any IHSA football this past season, so I may be missing some names that might be obvious to others who paid closer attention, but the name that stands out to me is Dierking of WWS.  I assume he is brother of Dan Dierking, currently at Purdue? 

Yes he is, good nose for the ball solid player

CardinalAlum

Quote from: New Tradition on April 29, 2010, 04:20:07 PM
Quote from: ncc_fan on April 29, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
2010 NCC recruits
http://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2010/4/20/BB_0420102850.aspx?path=football

33 kids on the list, pretty good for this time of year.  I haven't been around to see any IHSA football this past season, so I may be missing some names that might be obvious to others who paid closer attention, but the name that stands out to me is Dierking of WWS.  I assume he is brother of Dan Dierking, currently at Purdue? 

Slezak, Weidner and Whalen were all first team all state.  Look like another solid recruiting class for the Cardinals!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

oldnuthin

IWU has its new recruit list up. Over 60 players! I can see what getting to the playoffs gets you.

http://www.iwusports.com/sports/2010/4/29/GEN_0429102528.aspx?tab=classof2014recruits

Titan Q

Here is an article on IWU's recruiting class...

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-wesleyan/article_fc5e335a-58a6-11df-941f-001cc4c03286.html


During the last 3 months or so I've heard quite a few people connected with IWU talk about how well football recruiting is going.  On paper, it certainly looks like Norm Eash and staff have done well.

dansand

#20125
Not a complete list, but Augustana football commitments that I know of so far:

IHSFCA All-Staters and State Champions are in bold

Adam Andras, 5-8, 180, RB-CB, Marmion Academy
Julian Banuelos, 5-9, 175, RB, Wheaton-Warrenville South
Drew Bernhard, 6-3, 295, OL-DL, Cedar Rapids (IA) Jefferson
Jason Byro, 5-9, 195, LB, LeRoy
Eric Chandler, 5-9, 195, RB, Cary-Grove
Ryan Coleman, 6-3, 215, LB, Wheaton North
Sean Considine, 6-0, 245, OL, Cary-Grove
Nick Doellman, 6-4, 230, DE-TE, Quincy
Eric Dratnol, 6-0, 225, DE-C, Kaneland
Brian Englert, 5-11, 225, C, Francis Howell (MO)
Kevin Farley, 6-3, 195, LB, Wheaton North
Bo Galarza, 6-0, 195, QB, Faith Christian (El Paso, TX)
Dan Gregg, 6-2, 250, OL-DL, Hersey
Carl Hartweg, 6-3, 235, DE-OT, Illini West
Will Hass, 6-3, 250, C-DT, Marian Central Catholic
Alex Hembrey, 5-10, 175, RB-S, Cary-Grove
Ben Humbert, 6-3, 250, C, Geneva
Chase Immel, 6-4, 280, OL-DL, Orme School (AZ)
John Joyce, 5-10, 190, LB-RB, Hillsboro
Nick Krantz, 6-0, 180, WR-RB, Moline
Jake Landau, 5-11, 190, S-WR, Geneva
Adam Lang, 6-2, 265, OL, Rock Island/U of. Dubuque
Aaron Lewandowski, 6-3, 230, TE-DE, Lake Zurich
Eric Link, 6-3, 270, OL-DL, Sherrard
T.J. Milano, 6-0, 175, DB, Benet
Sean Mulholland, 6-3, 220, DL, Clinton (IA)
Mike O'Donoghue, 6-1, 195, S-RB, Mundelein
Jake Petges, 6-1, 310, OL-DL, Streator
Ryan Plunkett, 6-0, 205, LB, Benet
Justin Russell, 6-1, 185, RB-DB, Richmond-Burton
Mac Seneca, 6-2, 225, OL, Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley
Aaron Shuff, 6-4, 210, OT-DE, St. Viator
Dylan Smith, 5-11, 195, LB, Aurora Christian
James Stratton, 6-0, 210, LB-OL, Sherrard
Kyle Voda, 6-1, 255, OL-DL, Plainfield South
Josh Vos, 6-0, 195, RB-LB, Morrison
Sean Walker, 5-10, 165, DB-QB-RB, Annawan
Erik Westerberg, 6-3, 205, LB, Elmhurst York
Trace Wingo, 6-2, 275, OG-DT, Crystal Lake South

I've seen internet references, but haven't heard anything official on these kids:

Jesse Alexander, 6-2, 180, WR, Cedar Falls (IA)
Kenny Clay, 5-10, 185, QB, Waubonsie Valley
Justin Davidson, 6-0, 175, WR-DB, Galesburg
Justin Gruca, 5-8, 170, CB, Wilmington
Brett Ketza, 5-10, 220, LB-OL, Kaneland
Kevin McGarry, 5-11, 175, DB, Glenbard East
Nick McLaughlin, 6-3, 280, OT-DT, Ottawa Marquette

I'll update it as I hear more.

formerd3db

dansand:

Nice work.  Being that it is generally difficult to assertain DIII recruit listings at this time of year or for that matter anytime before they show up at pre-season camp in early August, it is great to see that you were able to obtain this.  You "went that extra mile"!  I'm sure this will be of interest to your fellow Augustana and CCIW colleagues and they enjoy seeing it.  Not a large number of other DIII fans (whether former players, parents, alumni, etc.) are able to get such info or at least the schools (and/or head coaches) perhaps don't make those lists readily available unless specifically asked.  Anyway, thanks for sharing.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

dansand

Quote from: formerd3db on May 07, 2010, 02:24:52 PM
dansand:

Nice work.  Being that it is generally difficult to assertain DIII recruit listings at this time of year or for that matter anytime before they show up at pre-season camp in early August, it is great to see that you were able to obtain this.  You "went that extra mile"!  I'm sure this will be of interest to your fellow Augustana and CCIW colleagues and they enjoy seeing it.  Not a large number of other DIII fans (whether former players, parents, alumni, etc.) are able to get such info or at least the schools (and/or head coaches) perhaps don't make those lists readily available unless specifically asked.  Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Thanks.
Because I do the internet broadcasts for basketball, Augie SID Dave Wrath considers me a media member (admittedly, a very loose definition of the term) and includes me on his press release list.

formerd3db

Quote from: dansand on May 07, 2010, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: formerd3db on May 07, 2010, 02:24:52 PM
dansand:

Nice work.  Being that it is generally difficult to assertain DIII recruit listings at this time of year or for that matter anytime before they show up at pre-season camp in early August, it is great to see that you were able to obtain this.  You "went that extra mile"!  I'm sure this will be of interest to your fellow Augustana and CCIW colleagues and they enjoy seeing it.  Not a large number of other DIII fans (whether former players, parents, alumni, etc.) are able to get such info or at least the schools (and/or head coaches) perhaps don't make those lists readily available unless specifically asked.  Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Thanks.
Because I do the internet broadcasts for basketball, Augie SID Dave Wrath considers me a media member (admittedly, a very loose definition of the term) and includes me on his press release list.

As you should be i.e. you are a media member.  You are too humble :), although I admire that.  Seriously, anyone such as yourself who does that kind of service (and/or other similar categories for a college at our level) not just because they enjoy it for themselves, but also giving something back to the college and community in providing that kind of service, should be/is rightly a member of that official college staff and should be recognized as such by all.  Anyway, thanks again for sharing. 
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

lakeshore

I love all the recruiting talk on here...its very obvious why the CCIW is one of the premiere football conferences in the country with the caliber of recruits the schools are obtaining.  I have heard numerous IL HS coaches say when they have a player that gets overlooked by bigger schools they immediately turn him on to the CCIW. 

With that said I would like to initiate a little buzz on here by ranking the toughest stadiums to play in the conference (IMHO of course!)

1.  Carthage's Art Keller Field - when they pack it out it can be boisterous and with many beverages being consumed the fans can get a little volatile towards visiting teams which makes it tough.  As with many other stadiums if its empty its not the same.

2.  Wheaton's McCully Stadium - with the Metra train cruising by, the huge jumbotron peering over the field and the glow of the Billy Graham center lighting up the turf Wheaton's home is a tough place to win.  This may be the toughest.  Website says Wheaton is 42-4 at home since 2000.  That's amazing.

3.  IWU's Wilder Field - The grass never seems to be in good condition here and the visitors have to dress under the stadium in a leeky old bathroom.  Plus the band is big and loud.

4.  NCC's Benedetti-Wehrle Stadium - The sheer size of the home bleachers is imposing (although never full) and the Cardinals recent run of championships makes opponents always the underdog.

5.  Millikin's Lindsey Field - I put this about Augie's because of the good old hump or crown in the grass field and the nasty smell of the rubber plant lingering in the air.  Student support has been down however but hopefully Neibur has it turned around.

6.  Augie's Ericson Field - the baby blue track is always weird to see and knowing the tradition and history Augie has on their home turf is tough to overcome.  Plus Rock ISland is a long haul from all the CCIW schools.

7.  Elmhurst's Langhorst Field - probably a bit underated here as I alwasy enjoy games here.  I love the dorms and campus buildings that are built right on top of the field and they have a huge grill cooking next to the home bleachers where you can see the smoke hovering and smell the tasty burgers cooking.

8.  NPU's Holmgren Complex - the lack of visitor bleachers, visitor locker rooms and NPU's lack of success place this stadium last.