FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovo and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gig Harbor Cat

 :o 8-) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :) ;) :D ;D >:(

Just another emotional day at The Catdome Baby

245/7/365

GHC

bluenote

Quote from: bluejay4ever on November 20, 2012, 09:22:49 PM
very rarely do I stick up for my red bird friends but the covered comment in all caps is meant to what...scare them? I'm pretty sure it's rained in Naperville before and nobody melted. Lol.
[/quote]

Did you get the coder? LOL    ::)

bluenote


bluenote

#27378
Quote from: NCCAlum48 on November 20, 2012, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
My oh my....just checked out NCC Roster....what are you guys feeding those tackles? 6'6" and 298 lbs! Must be on a Giant Bubba Tater Diet!  :o

I don't think the roster measurements are overly accurate (at least the weights).

Sorry I meant 5' 6" and 398 lbs......LOL!    :-* 

NCCAlum48....just gave you +K......   :-X    You have 1 Karma now...... ::)

kiko

Quote from: Gig Harbor Cat on November 20, 2012, 10:05:06 PM



         ???
     8-)     ::)
:o              :P                                >:(
                      :-[            :)          ;D
                         :-X     :-*    ;) :D
                             :-\


Just another emotional day at The Catdome Baby

245/7/365

GHC

Fixed it for ya -- it's really more of an emotional roller coaster.


Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: kiko on November 20, 2012, 10:31:43 PM
Quote from: Gig Harbor Cat on November 20, 2012, 10:05:06 PM



         ???
     8-)     ::)
:o              :P                                >:(
                      :-[            :)          ;D
                         :-X     :-*    ;) :D
                             :-\


Just another emotional day at The Catdome Baby

245/7/365

GHC

Fixed it for ya -- it's really more of an emotional roller coaster.

And this is with no games occurring - imagine if Linfield won or lost a game!

I tell ya - these guys are INSANE! ;D

ncc_fan

#27382
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 20, 2012, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: kiko on November 20, 2012, 10:31:43 PM
Quote from: Gig Harbor Cat on November 20, 2012, 10:05:06 PM



         ???
     8-)     ::)
:o              :P                                >:(
                      :-[            :)          ;D
                         :-X     :-*    ;) :D
                             :-\


Just another emotional day at The Catdome Baby

245/7/365

GHC

Fixed it for ya -- it's really more of an emotional roller coaster.

And this is with no games occurring - imagine if Linfield won or lost a game!

I tell ya - these guys are INSANE! ;D

Was I not paying attention on Nov. 6?  I thought Oregon voted NO on the marijuana legalization measure.  ;)

Mr. Ypsi

Oh yeah, like illegality has much effect on marijuana smoking! 8-)


USee

Quote from: Stagg or Bust on November 20, 2012, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
My oh my....just checked out NCC Roster....what are you guys feeding those tackles? 6'6" and 298 lbs! Must be on a Giant Bubba Tator Diet!  :o
You asked for the (BBQ) beef -- you just didn't know how you were going to get it.  It will be great to see the OL back at full strength this weekend.  NCC's only two losses occurred when they had key members of their OL out and had to rely heavily on underclassmen for big minutes.

Stagg, I can only speak for the second loss but what does underclass men offensive linemen have to do with the 480 yds and 35 pts Wheaton put on your defense in that game?

D O.C.

Only 1:45am West coast time.
I'd love to play Wheaton.

NCF

Quote from: D O.C. on November 21, 2012, 04:47:37 AM
Only 1:45am West coast time.
I'd love to play Wheaton.
....but alas, you're stuck with us!.:)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Gig Harbor Cat

ncc_fan,
Im from Washington State and it passed here

Phone it in baby !!

GHC

kenoshamark

Coach Rucks is moving into a new role:

Longtime Carthage football coach Tim Rucks is leaving the sideline.

Tackling a new set of administrative and managerial responsibilities, Rucks has joined the Carthage athletics administration team as an assistant director of athletics, the school announced on Tuesday. Placed on medical leave for the final three games this season, Rucks returned to work on Nov. 12 — two days after the season ended.

"Physically, I feel good. Real good," the 51-year-old Rucks said. "The doctors keep testing me. The blood pressure has been great. They think they've figured it out.

"I know I've had some health issues. Those have been well-documented this past year. It's been a hard year health-wise, but I also consider myself a young man and an energetic man."

New duties
In his new role, Rucks' duties will include athletic recruiting, student eligibility and advising, alumni relations and fundraising.

"I told (athletic director) Dr. (Robert) Bonn, 'If you thought I worked hard as a football coach, you're going to see me work harder as an administrator,' " Rucks said. "It doesn't matter what I do, it's in my blood that I'm a hard worker and a competitor."

A national search for a replacement is under way. Bonn said that previous college coaching experience is a necessity.

"This would require coordinator-level coaching or head coaching experience at the collegiate level — and successful experience," Bonn said.

Defensive coordinator Mike Yeager served as the interim head coach for the final three games this season and is a candidate.

Fifth-year offensive coordinator Terry Peebles confirmed on Tuesday that he won't be back next season. Peebles said that he would resign from his position once the new head coach is hired.

Second only to Keller
Rucks, the second-winningest coach in program history behind Art Keller, finished with an 18-year record of 95-79-1 (.546). He was 55-67-1 in CCIW play.

A standout offensive lineman for Keller from 1979-82, Rucks was hired by his alma mater in 1995 after serving as the head coach at North Park for five seasons.

The high point of Rucks' coaching career came in 2004. After going 3-7 (1-6 CCIW) the previous season, the Red Men won their first CCIW title since 1973 with a 6-1 record and advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III playoffs where they lost to powerhouse Mount Union, 38-20, to finish 11-2.

He was later honored as the American Football Coaches Association North Region and CCIW Coach of the Year.

"That was a special season," Rucks said. "I'll never forget practicing on Thanksgiving Day. I think that's a goal for any (Division III) coach."

Big adjustment
When next fall rolls around, Rucks realizes it will be a major adjustment.

"Most people say they will miss the games or the practice preparation," Rucks said. "I will miss that period from Thursday night until kickoff on Saturday ... just that feeling of a combination of anticipation and nervousness. It was almost like a kid on Christmas morning who can't wait to open up the presents. I liked that feeling. I never lost that."

Rucks didn't rule out a return to coaching, though.

"My options are open," he said. "I'm excited about moving into the administrative end of things. I'll attack that as hard as I attacked my coaching. In life, I don't think you ever close the doors on anything."

After the news was announced on Tuesday morning, Rucks received plenty of phone calls, emails and text messages from former players and other well-wishers.

"It's been extremely gratifying to me," he said. "It makes me think that my 18 years was worth it. It makes me realize that their experience playing football at Carthage was important to them.

"I've spent a lot of my life at Carthage — four years as a student and 18 years as a coach. I love Carthage. I think it's a great place."