FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

DadofBashWarrior..

Anyone know of a preseason scrimmage this week in the Chicago area?

Green Jello Shots

Illinois Wesleyan is scheduled to scrimmage Illinois Benedictine in Lisle at 10:30AM on Saturday

USee

Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on August 25, 2014, 05:36:25 PM
Anyone know of a preseason scrimmage this week in the Chicago area?

The Thunder travel to C'ville this weekend for the annual scrimmage with Wabash. Not in this area, but of interest!

Patrick Coleman

Kickoff 2014 is released!

We went live at 11 a.m. CT today. As always, we appreciate those of you from this board who have subscribed. This helps us pay the bills, keeps the site free of pop-up ads and the like and makes sure we can provide quality Division III coverage across the board.

If you haven't subscribed, we would love it if you would. Thanks for supporting everything we do here at D3football.com!
https://www.d3football.com/notables/2014/08/kickoff-subscription
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

USee

Bought mine today and already have reviewed top 5 conferences and their predicted order of finish as well as profiles. Good stuff.

Interesting where the CCIW ranks in the conference rankings. Some good articles involving CCIW teams.

I'll post this elsewhere but I was surprised at the teams Keith did NOT put in his top 25 when comparing them to the teams he thinks will make the playoffs......


wally_wabash

Quote from: USee on August 26, 2014, 03:22:43 PM
Bought mine today and already have reviewed top 5 conferences and their predicted order of finish as well as profiles. Good stuff.

Interesting where the CCIW ranks in the conference rankings. Some good articles involving CCIW teams.

I'll post this elsewhere but I was surprised at the teams Keith did NOT put in his top 25 when comparing them to the teams he thinks will make the playoffs......

Being in the top 25 and making the playoffs don't always go hand in hand. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Patrick Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wally_wabash

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

USee

I am pretty sure I understand how the playoffs work relative to the top 25 poll.  So much for trying to drive subscriptions for Kickoff.   ???

Titan Q

Jack Warner will become the first freshman to start a season opener in Norm Eash's 28 years as coach at IWU.  Junior Tyler Hook, who was in a neck and neck battle for the job, has left the team.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/freshman-qb-earns-iwu-starting-nod/article_67262520-9c1a-5274-9805-b9d903fef004.html

USee

Quote from: Titan Q on August 28, 2014, 07:13:53 AM
Jack Warner will become the first freshman to start a season opener in Norm Eash's 28 years as coach at IWU.  Junior Tyler Hook, who was in a neck and neck battle for the job, has left the team.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/freshman-qb-earns-iwu-starting-nod/article_67262520-9c1a-5274-9805-b9d903fef004.html

Wow. That's a huge development

Dr. Acula

I read the article and I have a question.  Did Hook leave the team before the decision was even made?  That's kind of how the article made it sound.  That he and Warner were neck and neck and after the scrimmage he went in and told Eash he was leaving the team Monday before Eash had decided on the depth chart. 

wally_wabash

Players and coaches know what's up before the media does- if I got to guess (and I'm about to), I'd say that the distribution of 1st team snaps became less and less balanced and not in favor of Hook.  Eash may not have been planning to release a depth chart until Tuesday, but here in the last few days of training camp, I'm pretty sure they all know who was winning that starting position. 

Or he could have left for any of a hundred other reasons that have nothing to do with football.  That can happen also. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire


NCF

CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion