FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.


USee

I also struggled through a choppy first half with no second half of video. Congrats to NCC for the win. Looks like they ran it a bit better and won the turnover battle. Big play in second half to get a fumble as IWU was going in to score and the subsequent 86 yd pass play in the ensuing possession.


USee

Wheaton dominated Carthage up in Kenosha 48-3. The Thunder rolled up 432 yds while holding Carthage to just 112. Wheatons defense is about as strong as I have seen in this league and they have played well every week.

Final game against Elmhurst next week.  Lots of only ifs this season for the Thunder. 

Mr. Ypsi

The IWU/NCC video was vastly better in the second half (at least on my computer) - alas, IWU was NOT 'vastly better' in the second half. :(  Congrats to the Cardinals, though I'm gonna root like hell for a miracle upset by Millikin next Saturday!

footballlover

How about that Wash U - Millikin game?! So exciting!
Wash U - 49
Millikin - 42

USee

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 03, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
The IWU/NCC video was vastly better in the second half (at least on my computer) - alas, IWU was NOT 'vastly better' in the second half. :(  Congrats to the Cardinals, though I'm gonna root like hell for a miracle upset by Millikin next Saturday!

I was never able to get the feed in the 2nd half

kiko

Quote from: USee on November 03, 2018, 10:11:17 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 03, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
The IWU/NCC video was vastly better in the second half (at least on my computer) - alas, IWU was NOT 'vastly better' in the second half. :(  Congrats to the Cardinals, though I'm gonna root like hell for a miracle upset by Millikin next Saturday!

I was never able to get the feed in the 2nd half

I had the same troubles as everyone else in the first half, but there were only a couple of minor buffering instances in the second on my feed.

AndOne

Where is the love?

Keith's take: I'll go with the Titans.

Ryan's take: i think that IWU should be ranked higher, and I've got them pegged to win.

Adam's take: I think the Cardinals are the more talented team, but the Titans have been the more impressive team so far.

Sean's take: IWU clinches the CCIW Pool A with a win.

Despite the fact that NCC has now beaten IWU 9 years in a row, and 15 of the last 16, there curiously seemed to be an over abundance of pre-game love thrown the Green Team way. 🤔 🤫

NCC freshman kicker Derik Judka has hit on all 12 of his field goal tries, and 49/50 PATs.
Is he a first team All-American?

kiko

Quote from: AndOne on November 03, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
Where is the love?

Keith's take: I'll go with the Titans.

Ryan's take: i think that IWU should be ranked higher, and I've got them pegged to win.

Adam's take: I think the Cardinals are the more talented team, but the Titans have been the more impressive team so far.

Sean's take: IWU clinches the CCIW Pool A with a win.

Despite the fact that NCC has now beaten IWU 9 years in a row, and 15 of the last 16, there curiously seemed to be an over abundance of pre-game love thrown the Green Team way. 🤔 🤫

NCC freshman kicker Derik Judka has hit on all 12 of his field goal tries, and 49/50 PATs.
Is he a first team All-American?

You do realize that most of what you quoted were not actually predictions, right?

AndOne

Quote from: kiko on November 04, 2018, 12:18:11 AM
Quote from: AndOne on November 03, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
Where is the love?

Keith's take: I'll go with the Titans.

Ryan's take: i think that IWU should be ranked higher, and I've got them pegged to win.

Adam's take: I think the Cardinals are the more talented team, but the Titans have been the more impressive team so far.

Sean's take: IWU clinches the CCIW Pool A with a win.

Despite the fact that NCC has now beaten IWU 9 years in a row, and 15 of the last 16, there curiously seemed to be an over abundance of pre-game love thrown the Green Team way. 🤔 🤫

NCC freshman kicker Derik Judka has hit on all 12 of his field goal tries, and 49/50 PATs.
Is he a first team All-American?

You do realize that most of what you quoted were not actually predictions, right?

Huh? :o  You're kidding, right?

When the quotes are taken from——> TOP STORIES—Quick Hits: Our crew's picks for week 10, what else could you possibly call them but predictions??  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
They were predicting who they thought was going to win.

What does the word PICKS mean to you?  🤯

ncc_fan


Kovo

Quote from: AndOne on November 04, 2018, 01:09:44 AM
Quote from: kiko on November 04, 2018, 12:18:11 AM
Quote from: AndOne on November 03, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
Where is the love?

Keith's take: I'll go with the Titans.

Ryan's take: i think that IWU should be ranked higher, and I've got them pegged to win.

Adam's take: I think the Cardinals are the more talented team, but the Titans have been the more impressive team so far.

Sean's take: IWU clinches the CCIW Pool A with a win.

Despite the fact that NCC has now beaten IWU 9 years in a row, and 15 of the last 16, there curiously seemed to be an over abundance of pre-game love thrown the Green Team way. 🤔 🤫

NCC freshman kicker Derik Judka has hit on all 12 of his field goal tries, and 49/50 PATs.
Is he a first team All-American?

You do realize that most of what you quoted were not actually predictions, right?

Huh? :o  You're kidding, right?

When the quotes are taken from——> TOP STORIES—Quick Hits: Our crew's picks for week 10, what else could you possibly call them but predictions??  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
They were predicting who they thought was going to win.

What does the word PICKS mean to you?  🤯

Everyone remembered the beat down by the Crusaders and gave it great weight in their prediction. But in reality we have owned the Weenies for a long time, pretty much since the days of Thorne began.

Actually kind of strange how the Cru has given us fits while we have been a Thorne in the side of the green team.

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on November 03, 2018, 11:27:26 PM
Where is the love?

Keith's take: I'll go with the Titans.

Ryan's take: i think that IWU should be ranked higher, and I've got them pegged to win.

Adam's take: I think the Cardinals are the more talented team, but the Titans have been the more impressive team so far.

Sean's take: IWU clinches the CCIW Pool A with a win.

Despite the fact that NCC has now beaten IWU 9 years in a row, and 15 of the last 16, there curiously seemed to be an over abundance of pre-game love thrown the Green Team way. 🤔 🤫

NCC freshman kicker Derik Judka has hit on all 12 of his field goal tries, and 49/50 PATs.
Is he a first team All-American?

A few thoughts...

1. If one is going to complain about the D3football.com Quick Hits predictions with any sense of credibility, it seems like he/she should do so before the games are played.  To not have the guts to say what you're saying here before the game, and to wait until after the game is played, seems sort of, I don't know, weak/cowardly/shady/silly.

2. What has happened the last 9 or 16 years really has nothing to do with what happens in a game this year.

3. I think most people who know a lot about CCIW football felt the game in Bloomington yesterday was pretty much a toss up coming in based on 2018 results.  IWU beat Wheaton pretty convincingly, and Wheaton beat North Central pretty convincingly -- I think a lot of people considered those results. The game was in Bloomington which is probably worth 3 points or so for IWU.  There is nothing crazy about someone picking IWU to win that game.

Titan Q

I think IWU will very much be in the Pool C conversation. 

On Thursday, Pool C prognosticator Wally Wabash did a great projection of the process, round by round - http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=8888.msg1896284#msg1896284.

He picked John Carroll in the 2nd round of the process. John Carroll will be ranked in the North ahead of IWU...IWU should be that next North team to hit the board.  So here is what his 3rd round board looks like, with IWU now in for NCC...

?N Illinois Wesleyan - 7-2, 1-1* RRO, 0.578
4S Centre - 8-1, 0-1 RRO, 0.598
5E Cortland - 7-2, 0-0 RRO, 0.473 (Cortland and Salisbury both lost yesterday - not sure who fits here)
5W Linfield - 6-1, 0-1 RRO, 0.577

*I'm assuming Wheaton enters the North ranking this week. If Wash U also enters, IWU has 2-1 here.

Behind a great SOS and 1-1 vs RRO, IWU would certainly get a good, long discussion in this process.

USee

I am not sure how the committee looks at two loss teams and separates them. While it seems straightforward that IWU beat Wheaton (and maybe it is that simple) you now have a situation where both have 2 losses and a three way conversation involving NCC. It may be that NCC isn't part of the conversation and IWU wins the HTD, but if the differing results with NCC are involved in the rankings and neutralizes the HTH, Wheaton's profile is potentially stronger than IWU's.

I honestly don't know and may be clouded by what I wish for more than what is reality. In reality I don't expect Wheaton to end up in the rankings at all, which would hurt IWU and NCC (for seeding purposes). I also remember something about RRO not being considered in the first regional ranking, but that could be wrong too.

It will be very interesting how the committee organizes the teams and that will have a huge affect on who gets to the table vs other regions. The east usually does the best job of getting the teams with the best national profile to the table first. But the people on these committees roll off every 2 years so who knows.