FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearDaBird and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

hazzben

Great game between Wheaton and NCC. Wish I could have caught the game but I was busy coaching my son's 5th grade team in freezing rain (tons of fun).

I think this result says more about Wheaton than NCC. My gut is that NCC is still absolutely a top 15 team and a major postseason threat (assuming they can survive the remaining CCIW slate, you guys love throwing curveballs to the committee). But Wheaton just looks dangerous. An elite RB, physical line play, and a QB who is showing he can ball out with the best. That's a recipe for a deep playoff run. This also feels like a year when Mount gets moved East, leaving breathing room in the "north" region. I'm betting the winner of Bethel/SJU has the inside track on the 4th 1 seed. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Side note, are the games still available on online to be watched at a later date?

wally_wabash

Quote from: hazzben on October 07, 2019, 12:15:33 PM
Great game between Wheaton and NCC. Wish I could have caught the game but I was busy coaching my son's 5th grade team in freezing rain (tons of fun).

I think this result says more about Wheaton than NCC. My gut is that NCC is still absolutely a top 15 team and a major postseason threat (assuming they can survive the remaining CCIW slate, you guys love throwing curveballs to the committee). But Wheaton just looks dangerous. An elite RB, physical line play, and a QB who is showing he can ball out with the best. That's a recipe for a deep playoff run. This also feels like a year when Mount gets moved East, leaving breathing room in the "north" region. I'm betting the winner of Bethel/SJU has the inside track on the 4th 1 seed. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Side note, are the games still available on online to be watched at a later date?

This will be an interesting thing to watch.  I'll do a prediction- if Ithaca or Salisbury stay clean through the regular season, one of them will get a #1 seed. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

ThunderStruck2010

Quote from: hazzben on October 07, 2019, 12:15:33 PM

Side note, are the games still available on online to be watched at a later date?

Wheaton's home games are available to replay on Wheaton's YouTube page.

I've found past NCC home games on NCTV17's page here.

Do any other CCIW schools make games available online for replay?

tf37

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 07, 2019, 12:51:52 PM
Quote from: hazzben on October 07, 2019, 12:15:33 PM
Great game between Wheaton and NCC. Wish I could have caught the game but I was busy coaching my son's 5th grade team in freezing rain (tons of fun).

I think this result says more about Wheaton than NCC. My gut is that NCC is still absolutely a top 15 team and a major postseason threat (assuming they can survive the remaining CCIW slate, you guys love throwing curveballs to the committee). But Wheaton just looks dangerous. An elite RB, physical line play, and a QB who is showing he can ball out with the best. That's a recipe for a deep playoff run. This also feels like a year when Mount gets moved East, leaving breathing room in the "north" region. I'm betting the winner of Bethel/SJU has the inside track on the 4th 1 seed. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Side note, are the games still available on online to be watched at a later date?

This will be an interesting thing to watch.  I'll do a prediction- if Ithaca or Salisbury stay clean through the regular season, one of them will get a #1 seed.

One outcome I am definitely rooting against is another 2nd round rematch just to face one of the purple powers.

And I still think that NCC gets in at 9-1, but C-N is not helping them any this year.

79jaybird

Carthage (not surprisingly) spoiled Elmhurst Homecoming.   Carthage looked good but not sure how much of that is 
Carthage muscle and/or Elmhurst just being weak.    McDonald has his hands full no doubt.   Going to be a long, difficult uphill climb for Elmhurst to build up respectability again.  :-[

Swider gets a lot of credit (as he should) but you have to Credit Peltz and the defensive leaders too.   That is one thing I always remember about the Thunder, was a strong punishing defense.  Plus  you could stay competitive for 1 half and by the 3rd quarter, (X plays) were no longer working.

IMO-  A 9-1 NCC team would be hard to pass up for the committee to put into the big dance.   
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

hazzben

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 07, 2019, 01:39:49 PM
IMO-  A 9-1 NCC team would be hard to pass up for the committee to put into the big dance.

A 9-1 NCC team would seem like a near lock to me. Any team coming out of the WIAC, MIAC, CCIW with just a single loss is an incredible Pool C candidate. Now, keep in mind that gets dicier if all three leagues actually do produce 1 loss teams and the East has some good candidates too.

USee

We have never seen a 1 loss CCIW team get left behind. But we also haven't seen the perfect storm you suggest either.  An undefeated CCIW champ should merit consideration for a 1 seed. It's going to be interesting to see how the playoff picture develops.

Wheaton's Kryptonite, right now,would be injuries. They aren't as deep this year  as in past years and a few injuries to key starts would greatly diminish the ceiling of this team. The schedule  so far has been friendly so hoping for the best.

AndOne

Please pardon the short interruption in our usual sports centered discussion...................

While it will probably cost me a ding or two, I, as other posters in the same situation in the past have been, am unable to contain myself. Accordingly, I'm overjoyed to report that my better half and I became grandparents just after 10:00 this morning when our DIL Nealy and son Mike welcomed a beautiful granddaughter. Scarlett Everly Anderson arrived weighing 7 lbs + 13 ozs., and measuring 19 1/2 inches.  8-)

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.  :)

Mr. Ypsi

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've got four myself, but all 5 or younger, so well remember the thrill of 'first grampa-hood'. ;)

formerd3db

Yes, congratulations AndOne!  We have two young grandchildren sobI know of your ekation. No dings, only +k for your post sharing the news!
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

AndOne

Thanks much Ypsi and formerd3db. Two haters with minds less developed than our grandkids have left their calling cards but screw em. Your notes are much appreciated!

Patrick Coleman

Quote from: AndOne on October 08, 2019, 12:47:38 AM
Thanks much Ypsi and formerd3db. Two haters with minds less developed than our grandkids have left their calling cards but screw em. Your notes are much appreciated!

Congrats on the new addition! Also, you have been around long enough to know that complaining about karma only brings more negative karma.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MUC57


AndOne

Congrats from this Mount guy on becoming grandparents. I'm sure your granddaughter is as pretty as her name. I shall drink a toast to all of you. Enjoy! 🍷 🍼  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

NCF

Congrats!! You'll have to get her a little North Central outfit soon. I expect Grandpa will be showing her how to play basketball some day as well. Enjoy! :) :)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

79jaybird

Congratulations Mark!  That is great news.  All children are God's blessings. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION