FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovo and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

redman04

Big D

I currently have a list of 843 people that have lettered at Carthage since 1962.  I will be trying to get addresses from the college and get a Letter out ASAP.   This is a huge task and any help any Redman can give would be great. 

Again to all alumni that would like to be a part of this please email me @ 

joebear6464@yahoo.com
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

Mugsy

USee,
Actually I don't think Wabash went unscathed in terms of injuries.  One of the Wabash posters and I traded some emails.  Apparently an all conference OL blew out his MCL on the 2nd series.  Sounds like he should be back for the 3rd or 4th game though, which is good.

Beyond that it does sound like both teams are healthy.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

BashDad

#257
Mugsy:

Even better news for Bash,  latest news is that it was not Millikan's MCL.  Would appear he'll be out a week.

Usee, thanks for your thoughts.  Good luck to the Thunder in their opener. 

Redmen93

redmen04,

sounds like a great idea.  I wanted to have an alumni football game this year, with all the proceeds going to the football team for homecoming weekend.  I got permission from the AD and Coach.  I sent letters out to some guys that i played with in the area to help me out and never heard from one of them.  I would love to help put this together.

Reidy,  How's it going?  Hope life is treating you well.  Hope to see you at a game.  Unfortunately i am reffing high school football in Ilinois and can't get to games until the season is over.  I actual refereed Chris Geocaris and Andy Boncher, coaches at a northern illinois high school. 

79jaybird

nice game for Elmhurst against Benedictine, however Benedictine is like rock bottom of the D3 world.  There new Coach however we help bring that program back to respectability. 
Mugsy, you're right on when talking about Elmhurst scheduling.  Elmhurst has been 3-0 the last two years and 2-1 going back 3, and what happens?  We still see Elmhurst struggling to get CCIW wins.  It's not Coaching, players, etc. it's just the CCIW is VERY competitive and tough.
personally, I would schedule tougher non conf. opponents because you want your players to see action which they will see come CCIW time.  Benedictine 1-9 CURF 0-10 and Chicago who is down this year?  I would like to see them get Ripon, Alma, Ohio Wesleyan caliber teams back.  At least 1 game.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

Overall I agree with some previous posters that upon week 1 nobody looks really "untouchable" in the CCIW
I could only imagine how difficult if had to have been for IWU players and the family of Doug Smied.  Seeing his Father with Doug's jersey would make me lose it before game even started.
One last thing about the Elm IBC game.  EC used a two platoon system at QB between Kudyba and Freund.  Both give EC that speed versatility which Demma didn't have.  Demma was more of the finesse passer, while these two guys aren't afraid to pound the ball inside.  I like the QB draws on second and 5 3rd and 3, which seemed to surprise IBC.  I think Elmhurst is that type of team that you can't overlook because they do have enough talent to string together a good gameplan.  The bottom line is consistency and staying healthy.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

usee

one thing to note on Augie defensive coordinator woes: the defensive coordinator for all those championship teams is still on the staff there: Larry Johnson. He was the best dcoordinator (and might still be)in the league for a long time. barnes relegated him to assistant offensive line coach at augie. it baffles me why.

dansand

Usee,
I could be wrong (maybe Augie6 can help me out with this), but I believe Dennis Riccio was the defensive coordinator on the national championship teams. I'm not sure if he was there for all four, but I think he was. I think he left after 1986 to be the head coach at Frostburg State (?).

Dennis_Prikkel

good one dan sand - dennis riccio was the dcoordinator on the 4 straight championship teams at augie.

The King

nice memory
I am determined to be wise, but this was beyond me.

Tailgater

Redmen93:
In response to your proposed Alumni football game, The Carthage Football Parents Group is holding their second annual flag football game Oct 8th (Family weekend) on the football field prior to the Augustana Game. All proceeds go to the football team. Last year the fee was $20 and each participant received a team T-shirt. Some of the current players served as referees. Although there were a couple of injuries suffered by some hard playing parents it was a good time had by all. It is my understanding that anyone supporting Redmen football is welcome to join in.

usee

i stand corrected. LJ came after 1987. my apologies for misstating. i will stand by my remarks that his defenses were always among the toughest in the cciw.

themadswede

Oh - for the days of yore, without "karma" and "posts" and "BBC" tags used and abused like a North Park offensive lineman.  Where have the days gone?  Am I really such a different person to no longer be interested in this dark master...Post Patterns?

It's good to read familiar writings from usee, irish and such.  And good to get inside info from around the league.  But it just seems so different....alas...

Anyhow - I was pleased to see that someone (Mr.Ypsi?) unknowingly resurrected The Great Norm Eash debate for this year (albeit short-lived).  It's debates such as these that warm my heart, like country restaurants with apple cider donuts or Brent Mussberger's dulcet tones calling a Saturday afternoon Big 10 matchup.

[sigh]

Go Crusaders/Thunder.

Redmen96

Now Swede
even though they were the Crusaders when I battled against them.  Please refrain from using that term just in case there is anyone around with a different religious belief who might get offended.
You know P.C. and all.

No wait this is a football page.
Long live the Crusaders

GO REDMEN
We will always be REDMEN

whiteypockets

Swede, where ya been?  I haven't seen ya post since '72 or something like that!  Anyway, what exactly is the "Great Norm Eash" debate?  I played four years for him, think he's a great offensive line coach, not a phenomenal play caller (maybe due to his OC's), but still a good motivator!  Seems people in here hate him.... WTF? ???

whiteypockets

BTW... shoulda modified my profile to reflect my old name... it's fixed now.  One final word... I actually coached Doug Schmied in IWU's lineman camp his senior year of high school... he was one of the best OL I've ever seen at that level, and I never heard the guy complain, accuse, or berate anyone... I know it's a little late to say anything more about it, but I knew he was gonna be a stud... only the good die young.