FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

79jaybird

Go Thunder-- What are you trying to prove here  ???  There are other, more appropriate places to preach.  I think all you are doing here is making a fool of yourself and most (if not all) of us are not appreciating these posts on an otherwise fun/informative board.

I agree that the biggest turnaround for NC and the reason they have a shot to break the 46 year drought is their defense.  In particular their D-Line.  Wheaton was the last team to run all over NC and the Thunder have pretty much rolled over everybody.  I am intrigued with the possibility of a rematch between NC and CUW, because both teams are probably better than when they first met, because they have experience and a few W's under their belt.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

Perhaps NC getting a chance to win the CCIW this year was in the stars.
1946 CCIW's first year and NC wins the conf.
46 years later  (1960-2006) NC has a good shot to win the conf. ending their drought from their last title.
Coincidence  :o ???
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

redman04

Quote from: Go Thunder on November 08, 2006, 12:32:55 PM
-20 when this stops I will stop got it!!   Words are greater than imaginary numbers. That is dead.  Death where is thy sting!!

this is Just Too Easy!  So I'm gonna leave it alone.



I really hope Carthage is healthier or else I am afraid it will not be much of a game.  I really really hope I am wrong!
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

washdupcard

Is it just me or is Go Thunder fast approaching the top of the all-time annoying D3football.com poster list??

Seriously dude, lighten up.  Eat more fiber...have a beer...read less Kierkegaard
and more Nietzsche...please do something.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

redman04

Quote from: washdupcard on November 08, 2006, 03:38:33 PM
Is it just me or is Go Thunder fast approaching the top of the all-time annoying D3football.com poster list??

Seriously dude, lighten up.  Eat more fiber...have a beer...read less Kierkegaard
and more Nietzsche...please do something.

More Fiber +K for you!   :D
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

RedmenFB44

Quote from: washdupcard on November 08, 2006, 03:38:33 PM
Is it just me or is Go Thunder fast approaching the top of the all-time annoying D3football.com poster list??

Seriously dude, lighten up.  Eat more fiber...have a beer...read less Kierkegaard
and more Nietzsche...please do something.

HAHA that is awsome + Karma for you! EAT IT GO THUNDER!!! I'm giving karma points  :D
It's REDMEN not RED MEN

79jaybird

Fiber/Metamucil, or Maalox for Go Thunder is needed.  Something that is going to "flush the ill will" out of his/her system because his last few posts have been "irregular".  :P
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Mugsy

Updated regional rankings, though I'm not sure much has changed for the North Region.  Actually I believe it is identical to last weeks.

North Region
No. School, In-Region, Overall
1. Mount Union 9-0 9-0
2. Mount St. Joseph 9-0 9-0
3. Capital 8-1 8-1
4. Concordia (Wis.) 10-0 10-0
5. Wheaton 8-1 8-1
6. Franklin 8-1 8-1
7. Baldwin-Wallace 7-2 7-2
8. North Central 7-2 7-2
9. Wittenberg 6-2 6-3
10. Wabash 7-2 7-2

Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

FishHack76

Looks like NCC headed to Capital .. on the same Saturday as Michigan-Ohio State. At least Capital is on the other side of town. The bad news is hotel rooms will be nearly impossible to find. I wonder if the committee dropped Concordia because of their facilities. It would be much easier for a No. 5 to travel to a No. 4 instead of a No. 3 traveling to a No. 6.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: dansand on November 08, 2006, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: Go Thunder on November 08, 2006, 05:43:02 AM
Martin Luther at the Diet of Worms, "for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise, God help me. Amen."   

Mmmmmm.....Worms.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 08, 2006, 12:13:21 AM
"I'm sure the ACLU would love that."  Leave that excellent organization out of your screed (they would DEFEND your right to say it), since they only deal with GOVERNMENT intrusions

Like the Boy Scouts? ;)




Dan,

The ACLU has never gone after the Boy Scouts, as such (as a private organization they can do pretty much anything they want).  The suit was whether or not they could use government facilities (e.g., schools) since they were in violation of local laws prohibiting discrimination by religion (no atheists allowed) and by sexual orientation (no gays allowed).

usee

Quote from: Mugsy on November 08, 2006, 05:50:08 PM
Updated regional rankings, though I'm not sure much has changed for the North Region.  Actually I believe it is identical to last weeks.

North Region
No. School, In-Region, Overall
1. Mount Union 9-0 9-0
2. Mount St. Joseph 9-0 9-0
3. Capital 8-1 8-1
4. Concordia (Wis.) 10-0 10-0
5. Wheaton 8-1 8-1
6. Franklin 8-1 8-1
7. Baldwin-Wallace 7-2 7-2
8. North Central 7-2 7-2
9. Wittenberg 6-2 6-3
10. Wabash 7-2 7-2



the committtee has clearly positioned the seedings to help the matchups they foresee in round 1.

Hope @MUC
Witt @MSJ
NCC@Cap
Wheaton@CUW

if CUW has a pressbox problem, wheaton will host.

If BW beats cap franklin is in, wheaton gets a home game and the rest of the region is in flux depending on outcomes of other pool c games saturday because the north will have too many teams if BW gets in too.

usee

Quote from: Go Thunder on November 08, 2006, 12:32:55 PM
-20 when this stops I will stop got it!!   Words are greater than imaginary numbers. That is dead.  Death where is thy sting!!

********************** DISCLAIMER **********************************
I am not a Buddhist.  I am offended by the KARMA system.  Why don't we have Holy Spirit points?  I'm sure the ACLU would love that.  But I'm sure they have no problem using the word karma.  Words are a gift from God and have meaning.  In the beginning was the Word – Christ himself – I am the way the TRUTH – etc..

It is not for man to change words to blur the lines of religion.  That is sin.  I will never participate in this point system as it stands currently.  The theologian Dr. Ravi Zacharias in his series "Lessons from War in a Battle of Ideas" supports and clearly states this. So do many other theologians.  One could use agreeability etc... That would make sense.  But I will not participate in this word from what I believe to be a false religion. Please stop giving and taking so called Karma points.  If I have a bad post one can easily use the report to moderator button.  Also I see very little grace given especially to new posters.   I hope and pray that people on this board will respect my wishes.  Although in today's culture we will respect every religion except Christianity, which is the whipping boy of secular progressives.  If one doesn't stand for truth they will fall for a lie. I know that it probably wasn't set up this way on purpose and I have the deepest respect for Pat and the promotion of D3 sports.  This will be displayed when Karma (Buddhist) points are given or taken. 
Karma
1.Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.
2. Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation
3. fate; destiny.
Created 11/7/06  Last modified 11/8/06 version #5




Go Thunder,

For the benefit of fellow posters I will say this once and never again will I comment about this on a public FOOTBALL board.

As a Wheaton Alum and huge supporter of the school and what it stands for, please stop. You have made your point, it was seen and its time to move on. This is not the appropriate forum for a discussion on these topics. This is a forum for discsussion about division 3 football.

Thanks for your understanding.

RedmenFB44

Hey,
When is the D3 football selection show?
It's REDMEN not RED MEN

Patrick Coleman

Story on the front page of D3football.com all week. You should check in on occasion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

usee

Quote from: Mugsy on November 08, 2006, 11:30:01 AM
It should be noted that of the 247 yards Wheaton had rushing against NCC, almost all of it occurred in the 2nd half.

It should also be noted that wheaton ran the ball most of the time out of a passing set. I believe the threat of the pass for wheaton put north central in a pass defense defense and gave wheaton an advantage in the second half as they ran the ball with only 5 or 6 in the box against ncc. It couldn't have been only this since elmhursts running game also is employed from the shotgun but the wheaton O with Chaz Black has a distinct advantage in this set in my view.