FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovo and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

washdupcard

Congrats CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly never knew if we could pull it off.  What a turn around for the program.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

Mr. Ypsi

The scoreboard shows NCC winning by 34-24.  Was there a late TD, or is that wrong?

NCC_alum62

nope thats the finbal Studamen makes one handed catch in endzone to seal the deal on the cards first CCIW championship in 46 years

WahooThunder

Congrats to North Central on a well deserved championship and my hat goes off to Carthage for making it interesting.  With the MSJ loss it looks like Wheaton will get to host next weekend.  Thunder seniors had a big day - Black 154 yards, TD, Jeremy Chupp 293 and 3 TD, Joe Chupp 5-144, 3 TD.  Andy Studebaker with 1.5 sacks takes his season total to 16. 

Mr. Ypsi


mr_b


WahooThunder

Quote from: Go Thunder on November 11, 2006, 05:28:07 PM
Congratulations to the Wheaton Thunder, North Central, and Augustana on a share of the conference title and North Central for the AQ.  Good luck to North Central and Wheaton in the playoffs.  The Mt saint Joe loss should give Wheaton a home game but against who?  What does that mean for North Central?  I guess will have to wait for USEE.   I'm confused.

My guess is that Wheaton will host MSJ and North Central will be at Concordia.  That seems to make the most sense, but right now its all just speculation.

ncc58

#7672
Carthage came ready to play today. They were doing some hitting all game long. The problem was that several of those hits came late. I'm sure there will be some discussion on the late hits and pass interference calls.

North Central did their best to keep Carthage in the game -- a botched fake punt, an interception for a TD, and a blocked punt to set up Carthage on the 10 yard line (for their final TD). The offense could not get in sync in the first 20 minutes. But Kniss showed why he will be OPOY. His last two TDs were outstanding throws, 36 yards to Welch and then 23? to Stuedemann. Sulo was hit hard on almost every carry, but he finished with 120 yards. It's surprising that Carthage lost so decisively to Wheaton because they looked pretty good today.

At the end of the game, the CCIW Commisioner Chris Martin (thanks nccports891) presented NCC with the trophy as the CCIW Champion.

Before the season, many of you criticized NCC for listing November 18th on their schedule as a playoff game. Seems like that was the right thing to do.


ncc58

Quote from: Go Thunder on November 11, 2006, 05:28:07 PM
Congratulations to the Wheaton Thunder, North Central, and Augustana on a share of the conference title and North Central for the AQ.  Good luck to North Central and Wheaton in the playoffs.  The Mt saint Joe loss should give Wheaton a home game but against who?  What does that mean for North Central?  I guess will have to wait for USEE.   I'm confused.

Will it? MSJ could still be seeded 4th as a one loss conference champ and AQ? We'll know for sure in 19 hours.

nccsports891

Chris Martin was the name of the guy who handed the trophy out to NCC. I wanted to post one more time before I go back to my cubicle for the week.

Congrats to the Cards football squad. They truly deserved this celebration after getting so close last year. Kniss was even better this year. It should be interesting to see where NCC ends up. I heard that they will move up in the region standings to 6th because the last two AQ's will be moved into the 7th and 8th slots. If this happens, where does NCC go?

ncc58

Carthage had 37 rushing attempts for 100 net yards --- it sure seemed like they had more yards than that. They were hurting NCC through the game with their option. But Carthage was just 8 for 16 passing and 67 yards. NCC had 115 net rushing yards and 374 yards total.

usee

congratulations to Ncc and augie for being co champs with wheaton. I guess there should be some question over a trophy presentation for NCC and none for the wheaton and augie. but we'll save that for another day.

I'll look over the results and be back w playoff speculation shortly. keep in mind pat coleman will post his projections in the middle of the night on the front page so when you wake up check back. he is dangerously accurate on this.

WahooThunder

Quote from: midwestfb on November 11, 2006, 05:35:42 PM

Will it? MSJ could still be seeded 4th as a one loss conference champ and AQ? We'll know for sure in 19 hours.


Wheaton's resume is much more impressive than Mt St. Joe's and I don't think the AQ will make a difference in seeding. 

matblake

Am I glad Wheaton won today,  especially with the St. John's loss.  Lots of bubble teams sweating it out now.  

Congrats to the CCIW tri-champions.  Should Wheaton be selected as a Pool C bid, I am looking forward to seeing the teams both Wheaton and North Central play and seeing how their boards react to my Monday newsflash segments.  ;D

usee

Quote from: devildog29 on November 11, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
Sorry usee, but I'm not sure how labeling such a generic coaching line as "classic Norm" could have been taken any other way other than 'there's arrogant Norm spouting his mouth off again."
You said it not me.

You accused me of "ripping" Norm and there is no way you can interpret what i said as ripping anybody. I have met Norm a couple times but definately do not "know" him. but find me 1 person who does know him that doesn't think he is in fact pretty arrogant. that's no crime because he has plenty of company among head coaches.

Quote from: devildog29 on November 11, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
If the posters on the football board aren't making personal attacks just because they don't like the 'weenies', why did my karma get whacked from +7 to -7 once I started posting on the fb board

I hope you don't really think Karma is a personal attack. I don't give negative karma only positive. In fact, I'll give you +K here for speaking your mind.

Quote from: devildog29 on November 11, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
my ego is firmly in check regardless of my "score" on this board.  

that's pretty clear.

btw, I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt here. I am the one who posts all the head coaches comments/quotes if I see them. I have done so several times this season.  I happened to post a quote from coach eash right before his team plays wheaton. I did the same for coach rucks.

Since you opened the topic let me ask you or any of the other titanbackers a question: Is Norm on the hotseat? I can't imagine 3 losing seasons in a row sits well in greentown. they have come to expect much more out of their sports programs.