FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWO Titan 78 and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

WahooThunder

Sounds pretty accurate, although I would still be surprised to see Black held much under 100 yards if it is a close game.  The key here is whether Wheaton turns the ball over on offense.  As long as MSJ doesn't score points on defense and/or special teams this shouldn't be too tough of a game for Wheaton.  The stats against Illinois Wesleyan (common opponent) are pretty telling.

RedmenFB44

Why is it that Concordia (Wisc.) gets to play somewhat close to home when they don't have a proper press box to host a playoff game?

This was the same problem that Carthage had in 2004, so we had to travel to Alma, Michigan. Any insights Pat?
It's REDMEN not RED MEN

Tailgater

#7757
I was looking for the game time for the Wheaton vs MSJ game next Saturday in Wheaton. I assume it will kick off at 1:00 p.m.? I went to the Wheaton College web page clicked on athletics and found absolutely no reference to football anywhere. Seems a little odd? Mugsy or usee can you help me out with game info. as I certainly wish to be in attendance to support Wheaton. I also didn't see times referenced in the brackets on the D3football sight.

Tailgater

Quote from: RedmenFB44 on November 12, 2006, 06:16:01 PM
Why is it that Concordia (Wisc.) gets to play somewhat close to home when they don't have a proper press box to host a playoff game?

This was the same problem that Carthage had in 2004, so we had to travel to Alma, Michigan. Any insights Pat?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. If circumstances were similar as 2004, Carthage should have played at Wis. Luthern or somewhere close by or CUM should have to travel to NCC?

Jim Matson

#7759
Tailgater, go to the athletics site and click on either "Football" or "Recent News."  Gametime is noon CST.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

red99

Quote from: Tailgater on November 12, 2006, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: RedmenFB44 on November 12, 2006, 06:16:01 PM
Why is it that Concordia (Wisc.) gets to play somewhat close to home when they don't have a proper press box to host a playoff game?

This was the same problem that Carthage had in 2004, so we had to travel to Alma, Michigan. Any insights Pat?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. If circumstances were similar as 2004, Carthage should have played at Wis. Luthern or somewhere close by or CUM should have to travel to NCC?

red99

Sorry.

In 2004, Wisc. Luth did not have their own field. They shared a field with a high school.

WahooThunder

Quote from: Tailgater on November 12, 2006, 06:16:10 PM
I was looking for the game time for the Wheaton vs MSJ game next Saturday in Wheaton. I assume it will kick off at 1:00 p.m.? I went to the Wheaton College web page clicked on athletics and found absolutely no reference to football anywhere. Seems a little odd? Mugsy or usee can you help me out with game info. as I certainly wish to be in attendance to support Wheaton. I also didn't see times referenced in the brackets on the D3football sight.

I believe all playoff games are required to start at noon local time.

usee

Quote from: Tailgater on November 12, 2006, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: RedmenFB44 on November 12, 2006, 06:16:01 PM
Why is it that Concordia (Wisc.) gets to play somewhat close to home when they don't have a proper press box to host a playoff game?

This was the same problem that Carthage had in 2004, so we had to travel to Alma, Michigan. Any insights Pat?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. If circumstances were similar as 2004, Carthage should have played at Wis. Luthern or somewhere close by or CUM should have to travel to NCC?

I don't know but I heard CUW petitioned the NCAA for this  a while ago. Did Carthage petition them early to host elsewhere? This is a mystery to me.

79jaybird

Ah so Wheaton will host Mt. Saint Joseph. I was at the W/MSJ game a few years ago sitting with Kelly Stewart's Mother.  That was a brutally cold, seasonal day and the Thunder just ripped them up.  I hope Pat sends me to call the Wheaton game.  That would be strange. 3 trips to Wheaton's Pressbox in 1 year as a non-Wheaton commentator!  :o
Glad to see the CCIW get 2 teams in.  For NC's sake, I think the advantage goes to the loser of the initial game (in this case NC) because they will have "revenge" as their guiding light.
So if Carthage had to "give up" a home game because of pressbox issues and travel to the opposition's confines, why doesn't Concordia-WI have to suffer the same fate  ???  That seems like an even bigger slap in the face to Carthage (especially their Seniors) that they are denied an opportunity, yet they are making accomodations for CUW just 1 year later?  Interesting.
All in all, you are in the playoffs and it boils down to executing for 60 painstaking minutes.  Some of the most exciting times of the season right here.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

washdupcard

Time for some revenge on CUW.

I'll take NCC by 10.  Totally different football team then when they first played each other.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

washdupcard

Anyone know where in Milwaukee Wisc. Lutheran is located?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

washdupcard

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

79jaybird

Wi Lutheran is located Milwaukee.  I believe it is on the west side of town.  Take I 94 North into Milwaukee.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

From North Central it is about 2-2:30  hours away.  I know from Mt. Prospect  I can get to WI Lutheran in about 1:30-2 hours going 65-70mph the way up.  For those driving that haven't been up to WI, watch your speed as you are approaching Milwaukee by General Mitchell Airport.  The speed goes from 70  to 55 to 45  and those WI Troopers LOVE  :-*  Illinois License Plates! ;)
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION