FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncc_fan and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

usee

#12675
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

bloomington= either state farm or government. I am betting state farm.....

Titan Q

Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

I am actually in sales...a profession in which numbers are often the most effective way to support a point.

FormerCard

Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

I am actually in sales...a profession in which numbers are often the most effective way to support a point.

And even if you are wrong about the number and you say it with conviction, you sound right and close the deal
Go Cards

Titan Q

Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM

And even if you are wrong about the number and you say it with conviction, you sound right and close the deal

I suppose, but it's probably not an account you will have for too long!  :)

devildog29

Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM

And even if you are wrong about the number and you say it with conviction, you sound right and close the deal

I suppose, but it's probably not an account you will have for too long!  :)

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Hail, Hail, the gang's all here, all out for Wesleyan!

redman04

Quote from: Redmen96 on October 23, 2007, 08:51:01 AM
Quote from: redman04 on October 22, 2007, 08:10:13 PM
Augie is like the Michigan of the CCIW.  They are always good and everyone is gunning for them.  Barnes is a good coach, his record shows it, but like Michigan, 2 losses at the beginning of the year have people calling for lloyd carr's head!  Augie may have 3 losses in conference, but i would bet that they will be back as strong as ever next year. They always seam to. 

Also I hope that the redmen (kids on the team) had 1/8 of the good time that  we had after we beat augie my freshmen year at carthage!  Might of been one of the most fun nights of my life! 

For those of you who did not know the back drop of the game  Augie was 3-0 Carthage was 0-3 Augie was a top 20 team Carthage had won 3 games in 2 years.  It was homecoming at carthage and rucks gave an impassioned speech about winning your homecoming.  About how Carthage had not won homecoming in years and that we would change that!  It was awesome. 


Hey I played in that game. I think it was the new all black unis.  Does that make me a vital part of history?
We partied like Rock Stars that night

Everything you do is historic!
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

matblake

Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

I am actually in sales...a profession in which numbers are often the most effective way to support a point.

Q, see Sager's signature line..........  ;)

Redmen96

Quote from: redman04 on October 23, 2007, 01:13:35 PM
Quote from: Redmen96 on October 23, 2007, 08:51:01 AM
Quote from: redman04 on October 22, 2007, 08:10:13 PM
Augie is like the Michigan of the CCIW.  They are always good and everyone is gunning for them.  Barnes is a good coach, his record shows it, but like Michigan, 2 losses at the beginning of the year have people calling for lloyd carr's head!  Augie may have 3 losses in conference, but i would bet that they will be back as strong as ever next year. They always seam to. 

Also I hope that the redmen (kids on the team) had 1/8 of the good time that  we had after we beat augie my freshmen year at carthage!  Might of been one of the most fun nights of my life! 

For those of you who did not know the back drop of the game  Augie was 3-0 Carthage was 0-3 Augie was a top 20 team Carthage had won 3 games in 2 years.  It was homecoming at carthage and rucks gave an impassioned speech about winning your homecoming.  About how Carthage had not won homecoming in years and that we would change that!  It was awesome. 


Hey I played in that game. I think it was the new all black unis.  Does that make me a vital part of history?
We partied like Rock Stars that night

Everything you do is historic!
Historic because I'm soo old.
congrats on 400
We will always be REDMEN

burly

Quote from: redman04 on October 23, 2007, 09:22:42 AM
Quote from: Billy Pilgrim on October 23, 2007, 08:22:08 AM

Except this year, Michigan will win the Big 10.

I would bet on Ohio State over Michigan

Ok, you're on.  Loser has to change their post pattern screen name.  Deal?

burly

Quote from: usee on October 23, 2007, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

bloomington= either state farm or government. I am betting state farm.....

Lets not forget the Pantagraph...

AndOne

Or Country Companies, another mainstay of the Bloomington-Normal business community.

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 11:59:37 AM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: matblake on October 23, 2007, 10:02:41 AM
I think right now that 1st team QB is between Fanthorpe and Ladd.   Personally, I would give the nod to Fanthorpe at this point.  I think the WashU game is a perfect example of how important he was to his team, when he was ill they didn't have the same spark.  Add in the stats and I think you have the top QB.  I think it is close enough though that one week laying an egg could change the outcome for either of these guys. 

There is still 43% of the conference season to play...long way to go.

You must work in numbers...I doubt many would use a percentage to describe how many games are left in the season.   Accountant or Actuary?

I am actually in sales...a profession in which numbers are often the most effective way to support a point.

Or in some cases, the most effective way to DISTORT a point!   ;)

(Of course, I'm EXcluding Q from this segment of the profession)   :)

AndOne

Quote from: devildog29 on October 23, 2007, 12:56:15 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM

And even if you are wrong about the number and you say it with conviction, you sound right and close the deal

I suppose, but it's probably not an account you will have for too long!  :)

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Or as my spousal unit, the math professor, says "If you're good, you can make numbers say whatever you want them to!!!"    ;D    ::)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: AndOne on October 23, 2007, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: devildog29 on October 23, 2007, 12:56:15 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on October 23, 2007, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM

And even if you are wrong about the number and you say it with conviction, you sound right and close the deal

I suppose, but it's probably not an account you will have for too long!  :)

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Or as my spousal unit, the math professor, says "If you're good, you can make numbers say whatever you want them to!!!"    ;D    ::)

Hey, I'm this board's (retired) stat prof - quit stealin' my lines!  The sweatshirt I wore to stat finals reads: "If all else fails, manipulate the data".

Mr. Ypsi

BTW, while realistically it is a 3-team race, Carthage is not yet mathematically eliminated.  If they win out (unlikely, with games @Millikin, @Wheaton, and home to NCC), and either IWU or Wheaton (or both) are upset this Saturday, they are still (barely) alive.