FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister36 and 119 Guests are viewing this topic.

Predictions for SJU vs BU in Collegeville Saturday?

Defensive battle in favor of SJU
Defensive battle in favor of BU
More offensive fireworks, with SJU prevailing
More offensive fireworks, with BU prevailing

Voting closes: October 03, 2026, 11:48:26 AM

OzJohnnie

4-0. The last time hawthorn started 4-0?  2014 and the fantastic Grand Final victory over Sydney.

This game was played in a wind storm against GWS, another premiership favourite. A good, hard fought victory. A grind.

https://youtu.be/sH3Bac0P4Zo?si=OTJEJ4iKU0tTJArp
  


SagatagSam

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

DuffMan

Last time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

OzJohnnie

Quote from: DuffMan on March 30, 2025, 03:59:06 PMLast time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

I went to a Johnnie v Scots game way back when @ Mac. Bud Grant was there.
  

BDB

Quote from: DuffMan on March 30, 2025, 03:59:06 PMLast time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

Old Fart!  ;D

SagatagSam

#109431
Quote from: DuffMan on March 30, 2025, 03:59:06 PMLast time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

I have never witnessed a SJU-Mac football game. The series ended two years before I started at SJU.

I almost feel like there should be a commemorative program or ticket printed for this game ;)
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: SagatagSam on March 31, 2025, 10:45:25 AM
Quote from: DuffMan on March 30, 2025, 03:59:06 PMLast time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

I have never witnessed a SJU-Mac football game. The series ended two years before I started at SJU.

I almost feel like there should be a commemorative program or ticket printed for this game ;)

I'm sure it'll be a wire-to-wire entertaining game.  Full of drama, and with an exciting, close finish.

SagatagSam

Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on March 31, 2025, 02:47:22 PM
Quote from: SagatagSam on March 31, 2025, 10:45:25 AM
Quote from: DuffMan on March 30, 2025, 03:59:06 PMLast time the Johnnies and Scots met was my junior yet, and I just turned 44.  :o

I have never witnessed a SJU-Mac football game. The series ended two years before I started at SJU.

I almost feel like there should be a commemorative program or ticket printed for this game ;)

I'm sure it'll be a wire-to-wire entertaining game.  Full of drama, and with an exciting, close finish.

If you're talking about whether SJU will cover the -45.5 point spread, yes.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

DuffMan

Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on March 31, 2025, 02:47:22 PMI'm sure it'll be a wire-to-wire entertaining game.  Full of drama, and with an exciting, close finish.

I distinctly remember the last game; it was at Mac, and the starters were pulled very early.  I recall trying to hide on the sidelines so that Gary and Jerry couldn't take us out of the game.  :o

They had one excellent d-end...Porter?  Other than that, they were awful.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

MadRedFan

Pretty sure SJU homecoming is scheduled for 9/27 vs. Augsburg.

SagatagSam

Quote from: MadRedFan on March 31, 2025, 03:56:08 PMPretty sure SJU homecoming is scheduled for 9/27 vs. Augsburg.

If it is September 27, it's not published on the athletic website yet. It could be. I'm just saying it must be published somewhere else. If I'm SJU, I want the Macalester game for homecoming. Colors would be at peak on the second Saturday in October.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Patrick Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MadRedFan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 01, 2025, 02:57:50 PMhttps://www.csbsju.edu/csb-alumnae/events/

Thank you sir, that's where I found it! I couldn't wait for the FB schedule to come out to know which weekend to block out!

hazzben

Quote from: DuffMan on March 31, 2025, 03:11:41 PMI distinctly remember the last game; it was at Mac, and the starters were pulled very early.  I recall trying to hide on the sidelines so that Gary and Jerry couldn't take us out of the game.  :o

They had one excellent d-end...Porter?  Other than that, they were awful.

Porter was a freak athlete. I remember that year, he came off the edge against us, leaped over a RB going to block him and tipped a pass in the redzone. Crazy display of athleticism.