FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 124 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mister36


faunch

Quote from: Mister36 on September 23, 2026, 09:04:13 PM
Quote from: repete on September 23, 2026, 07:45:39 PMTis the season.

https://youtu.be/By_RqzO8jN0?is=vwcuTEwfCNHXUPR8

Thanks to the missus, I've failed before the game even started...

I had the gas fireplace on a couple times in the past week and am not one bit ashamed.


"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

  

DuffMan

LOL, I was totally thinking about this the other day! Needless to say, I am still master of my domain.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

hazzben

Still King of the Castle here too ... though the big blanket my wife was cocooned in last night in the living room doesn't bode well. `

GoldandBlueBU

A non issue so far.  I don't think the house has dropped below 70.

faunch

I've even had the seat warmer on in the car a couple of mornings...mostly because I have stiff lower back and it helps to loosen it up.


"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

hazzben

I'd be out fast if it was about seat or steering wheel heater being on.

Robert Zimmerman

This is the first fall that all my kids are gone, empty nester! I bought the wife an electric blanket for Christmas last year in preparation. Like Gustavus football has been saying for the last 30 seasons, this is our year! (to win the MIAC furnace competition)

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on September 24, 2026, 08:36:15 PMThis is the first fall that all my kids are gone, empty nester! I bought the wife an electric blanket for Christmas last year in preparation. Like Gustavus football has been saying for the last 30 seasons, this is our year! (to win the MIAC furnace competition)

Heh.  I imagine your wife walking around the house in a heated suit like Hannibal Chew in Blade Runner, the scientist who specialised in artificial eyes.

  

BDB

I see the natives are getting restless, so as Commissioner of the Annual Golden Thermostat "Last On" competition, I declare the games open!

Eligibility: You must reside in a Canada facing cone from northern Iowa, west up through eastern Dakotas and east including the entire state of Wiscy. We will throw in the UP for good measure.

Rule #1: On the honor system, if your home thermostat is turned to "heat" and your machine in the basement kicks in firing up the fossil fuels to blow heat throughout the domicile you must post on here that you are out!

Rule #2: Heat producing fireplaces, electric heaters etc. are considered the same as the Rheem, Amana or whatever in your basement. Basically, if you are enjoying any source of heat in your home besides the sunshine through your window or your hot wife, you are out of the competition.

Now, I will caution any rookies to this competition,it is not to be taken lightly. We have veterans to this that will challenge the very extremes of household comfort.

Exclusions: Any heat you enjoy in your car, at your friends, at work etc does not count. This competition turf is your domicile where you call home.

Good luck! We have a multiple time champ in Duffman that will once again be tough to beat, and Retired Old Rat has owned the common wall category.

That being said, "I'm Out!" Never a contender but always warm.  ;D

retagent

I was perusing the MIAC Sports Network yesterday and saw that the SJU - UMD Rugby game was scheduled for tonight. As an ex rugger in the early Club days, I'm interested. Will they charge for that game?

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on September 24, 2026, 08:36:15 PMThis is the first fall that all my kids are gone, empty nester! I bought the wife an electric blanket for Christmas last year in preparation. Like Gustavus football has been saying for the last 30 seasons, this is our year! (to win the MIAC furnace competition)

Duff needs a real challenger - best of luck!

I'm shooting for a top half of the conference finish, but know realistically that a title isn't in the cards.

Still no Rundell on the depth chart for this weekend.   :'(

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on September 25, 2026, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on September 24, 2026, 08:36:15 PMThis is the first fall that all my kids are gone, empty nester! I bought the wife an electric blanket for Christmas last year in preparation. Like Gustavus football has been saying for the last 30 seasons, this is our year! (to win the MIAC furnace competition)

Duff needs a real challenger - best of luck!

I'm shooting for a top half of the conference finish, but know realistically that a title isn't in the cards.

Still no Rundell on the depth chart for this weekend.  :'(
I hope Rundell will need one more week to recover.  ;)
   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

art76

The Cobbers-Gusties game made today's Quick Hits - cool!
"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
― C. S. Lewis