FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn horn, gobigred425 and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

corn horn

So much chatter about the omniscience, strength and potential danger of AI.

Whatever happened to our own source of all knowledge (and potential danger) ao?

I realize I could scroll back a couple hundred pages, but one of you must have the quick answer....
If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

sjujohnnie

I feel like the second battle of the season pairing #1 vs #2, this time between North Central & Wheaton, will give us a better idea of the pecking order as will the matchup between Whitewater & La Crosse. When Bethel faced North Central they were without Rundell & it sounds like a lot of the point differential could be self-inflicted wounds by Bethel. I'm hoping that La Crosse doesn't get blown out by Whitewater. At this stage, is it too early to think that St John's could be a legitimate contender?

OzJohnnie



It's a long season, a lot of improving still to do, and some MIAC opponents who won't just roll over.  But the team did look pretty good against BU and has shown a lot of improvement already.  They are showing good signs.  Let's hope they stay focused.
  

art76

#111093
The launch was cancelled because of the same rain/weather that was up in Collegeville, but I still had a great time camping with my younger son down in SW MN. It was a tough game to listen to, sitting in the Caribou in Marshall, MN on a blustery, rainy day. Congrats to the Johnnies for taking care of business. While that was happening, I was flipping on my tablet between the RF/WW game and the MIAC games that had started on time. A good game to watch was the Auggies as they climbed out of the hole to take the lead with under 2 minutes to play, only to see the Oles rally and kick the game winner at the end.

Looking ahead, the Johnnies have the Scots, and the Cobbers take on the Pipers this coming week. Neither of these games has much of a "trap" feel about them - though each team needs to continue to hone their edges for the possibility of the two unbeatens meeting the week following.

Bethel hosts the Auggies for their Homecoming weekend, and should be able to take care of business there. Carleton hosts the Saints and the final game has the Oles at the Gusties, which might be the close game of the week. Once again I anticipate large spreads in many of the scores this week.
"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
― C. S. Lewis

Robert Zimmerman

Congrats to Charlie King from SJU for making the D3 Team of the Week!

corn horn

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on October 06, 2026, 02:12:54 PMCongrats to Charlie King from SJU for making the D3 Team of the Week!

Ditto for Concordia tight end Grant Mages!
If the human brain were so simple that we could fully understand it...we would be so simple that we couldn't.

sjujohnnie

47 glorious pages of St John's game notes have been posted ahead of Saturday's matchup against Macalester.

DuffMan

Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 07, 2026, 10:20:37 PM47 glorious pages of St John's game notes have been posted ahead of Saturday's matchup against Macalester.

Saturday seems like a great day to rebuild the hubs on my boat trailer and wash/wax the boat while I listen to the slaughter.

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

sjujohnnie

Quote from: DuffMan on Yesterday at 10:56:10 AM
Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 07, 2026, 10:20:37 PM47 glorious pages of St John's game notes have been posted ahead of Saturday's matchup against Macalester.

Saturday seems like a great day to rebuild the hubs on my boat trailer and wash/wax the boat while I listen to the slaughter.

It's just not the same watching the broadcasts put on by other programs when St John's is on the road. I miss listening to VOJ and crew and there's no way that I can watch an away broadcast while listening to the coverage of VOJ and crew as the radio broadcast is ahead of the video feed. Will St John's put up more than 70 points for the 3rd time this season? For that matter, will they hang 70 or more on the Oles and Saints? Score predictions for Saturday?

Robert Zimmerman

Just making sure Johnnie fans didn't miss the great article about SJU running back Corey Bohmert on the main page from a couple of days ago:

https://www.d3football.com/columns/features/2026/corey-bohmert-does-it-all-surging-johnnies

GoldandBlueBU

It looks like the furnace contest is going to get real next week - highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's or lower, and highs only in the 40's next weekend as of now...it will take a true warrior to make it through.  (which I am not)

DuffMan


A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: DuffMan on Today at 12:47:07 PMTrap some of the heat from tomorrow!

If you haven't run the heat by the 19th, I think you can just take a permanent crown.  Getting to the weekend will be  challenging enough - hoping to hold out as long as I can. My wife bakes sourdough, and my oldest makes cookies now and then, so maybe they'll pitch in and warm the house up with the oven - but I don't think I can request it, as that would seem to violate the spirit of the rules?

hazzben

Saturday is "let's make a deal" time. I'll turn on the AC if my wife agrees to keep the furnace off for the remainder of the week!  8-)

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: hazzben on Today at 02:26:09 PMSaturday is "let's make a deal" time. I'll turn on the AC if my wife agrees to keep the furnace off for the remainder of the week!  8-)

That's a sound strategy.  I'll definitely be running the AC, can deal with the cooler house easily - don't like sleeping in the heat.