FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89 and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

MRMIKESMITH

#57810
Quote from: Machiavelli on Today at 08:06:30 AMThey should be ahead of Heidelberg because they are Mount Union and they've earned it. You know who they are, and perhaps they aren't a top 10 team, but they are 2-2, with a 1-point loss to what is being perceived as the the #2 team in the country. I know who these other teams losses are to, but Wartburg, Bethel and UW-Lacrosse have been given some grace with their 2-2 records. Lacrosse aside, those programs can't hold a candle to Mt. Union historically, and I don't often buy it, but in this case, history should hold a little extra weight.

And hell, you guys have Salisbury at 12. They played the equivalent of Mt. Ida 4 times, scraping by TCNJ who got beat much worse by something called Juniata. I know, I know, Salisbury was already up there and they don't have a loss to drop them. And next you will ask, who should Mt. Union be in front of...I know the drill, I know the drill.

In Summary, my main point still stands, I'd take Mt. Union head-to-head over about 15 of those top 25 teams. I know this is a moment in time(and perhaps I'm wrong), but it feels premature that they are fully out. But it's just a poll, and I was making an observation. I'm not gonna go crazy over it and delete my account. Just making some conversation.

P.S. - Congrats, Pat, by the way!


What did we do to anyone? I mean W&L is 3-1, Catholic lost to both F&M and Carnegie Mellon by an average of 9 points, F&M is 4-0, Carnegie is 2-2, losing to 3-1 John Carrol and Berry by an avg of 8 points. I can't speak for McDaniel  ;D. I know transitive properties are moot, but come on...

Machiavelli

Oh there was no ill intent. I like Salisbury and they are always good. But it's true they haven't done anything impressive so far this year and it's hard to say they are the 12th best team in the country at this point. I don't hate it, but you could speculate. And they have a strong history, just not Mt. Union strong. If those 2 went head to head this weekend, I'd take Mt. Union. And look, maybe I'm way wrong, it's just really weird to see 'Dropped Out: Mount Union'. They probably have the best loss in the country so far, which means little. But Heidelberg is their total drag. I'm a big Endicott fan and it's weird seeing them in the single digits this early on in the year, but they have that impressive win against Mary Hardin-Baylor so it's earned.

I think if UW-Assless Chapsville were a school, they'd probably be up there for sure. Does Bethel's 42-16 loss to John Carroll look better than Mount's 1 point loss to Wheaton? I don't know. It's a tough job and they are usually pretty darn accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Mount back up there towards the end. But maybe they disappear entirely this year too. Makes it fun.

Wait til a NESCAC team beats Sister Anita's Community College in Round 1. They will be top 10 immediately.