Flo Sports

Started by Kuiper, February 28, 2024, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)


I do use the Flo app on my tv and it does take a lot of clicks.  Generally, if I'm double-screening, I put any Flo games on my laptop, because it's much easier (although not simple) to navigate via browser.

To be fair, though - I don't find many of the streamers super easy to navigate when it comes to sports.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Hawks88

A number of issues with the camera not following the play down field on the Hendrix broadcast. It seems like it was more in the second half so I wonder if they swapped camera operators at half time. Also one of the announcers wasn't very pleasant to listen to. That wasn't as bad in the second half as it seemed like the volume was turned down somewhat on that announcer.

WUPHF

#692
Maybe I'll go back and watch some of the highlights, oh never mind, technical difficulties...

KnightSlappy

My two biggest issues with Flo navigation are:

(1) you might see recommended content with something like "WashU vs. Ohio Wesleyan" and have no idea if it's football, soccer, or volleyball (etc.).

(2) if you go to a category like College Football you see D3, D2, NAIA, FCS all together. I would like to see preference filters for each division.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: KnightSlappy on September 14, 2026, 08:11:17 AMMy two biggest issues with Flo navigation are:

(1) you might see recommended content with something like "WashU vs. Ohio Wesleyan" and have no idea if it's football, soccer, or volleyball (etc.).

(2) if you go to a category like College Football you see D3, D2, NAIA, FCS all together. I would like to see preference filters for each division.

Similarly, if you go to Flo's schedule of events for the day, everything is listed in order of start time. With so many games at this time of year, and lots starting at the same time, it can be hard to find a specific game. So, preference filters are a good idea. Or perhaps segregating games by affiliation (D2, D3, NAIA, etc). Having said that, I don't want to see them add more steps to the process.

WUPHF

These are good ideas, though Flo Sports should only tackle those after they have matched the standards set by Hudl.

Kuiper

Quote from: WUPHF on September 14, 2026, 12:21:39 PMThese are good ideas, though Flo Sports should only tackle those after they have matched the standards set by Hudl.

Hudl is annoying because they minimize the game every so often to blast commercials. That may be fine in football or basketball where there are natural breaks in the action, but it's disruptive in soccer.

WUPHF

Quote from: Kuiper on September 14, 2026, 01:07:32 PMHudl is annoying because they minimize the game every so often to blast commercials. That may be fine in football or basketball where there are natural breaks in the action, but it's disruptive in soccer.

I have watched many games on the Hudl platform and cannot remember seeing a commercial that interrupted the stream, but that would suck.

Kuiper

Quote from: WUPHF on September 14, 2026, 01:42:38 PM
Quote from: Kuiper on September 14, 2026, 01:07:32 PMHudl is annoying because they minimize the game every so often to blast commercials. That may be fine in football or basketball where there are natural breaks in the action, but it's disruptive in soccer.

I have watched many games on the Hudl platform and cannot remember seeing a commercial that interrupted the stream, but that would suck.

If you don't see it for other games, it must have been the host school that added the commercials.  They had no announcers, so there was no sound, and then all of a sudden the video would minimize and a commercial would come up with blaring audio.  Not cool.  That's what I get for picking a random game to watch I guess!

y_jack_lok

#699
In this episode of the D3Datacast, at about the 32 minute mark, the Snyders talk about streaming of D3 sports, with a significant portion of the +/-10 minute conversation devoted to Flo.

https://youtu.be/TrVpYuwnzNU?is=3oqNUjtQlVsKhpGr

Hawks88

Technical difficulties in Fayetteville. We got to see the opening kickoff and first play any way.  >:(

y_jack_lok

I was interested that Sweet Briar, a small women's college in Virginia that is in the ODAC, must not be part of the conference's contract with Flo as their online broadcast of yesterday's volleyball match with RMC did not go through the Flo platform. I suppose it makes sense, as they don't have football and also don't sponsor basketball.

y_jack_lok

The "Favorites" feature on the Flo website seems to not be functioning. The favorites I have saved no longer exist and when I go to establish them again it is not possible to do so.

On the plus side, I'm seeing some decent content from Flo on FB and on X.