2026 Women’s Soccer Top 25

Started by CentPA, August 21, 2026, 01:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CentPA

Upset in the top 25:

Last night unranked Trinity (CT) hosted #6 Wesleyan (CT) in a NESCAC conference game and Trinity game away with the win 3-1!  Wesleyan had just bumped up from #7 to #6 in the new poll earlier in the day.

Trinity was up 2-0 in the first half and scored another goal in the second half before Wesleyan scored their lone goal with 3 minutes left in the game.  I watched the first half and would say that Wesleyan had the better possession but just didn't seem very organized in the attacking third.  Trinity scored on quick runs of play after Wesleyan lost possession.  The stats show that Wesleyan out shot Trinity 12-6 and shots on goal 5-3.  Trinity scored on all three of their shots on goal while GK Zoe Tamborello had 4 saves. 

CentPA

So this is interesting ..

I went to watch the Chicago vs North Central game this afternoon and the game was never started. 

When I looked at the "Schedule" page on Chicago's website it had under "vs #13 North Central (IL)" the following:  "North Central women's soccer has forfeited game with refusal to play" and on the right side it read: "Game Forfeited by North Central"  No further explanation that I can find.

However, when I went to North Central's "Schedule" page it simply showed the game as "Postponed"

Never saw anything like this and I'm not sure what happened.

CentPA

Chicago just posted this announcement:


"CHICAGO -- The Wednesday afternoon women's soccer match between #21 UChicago and #13 North Central (IL) will not be played on Wednesday afternoon after the decision by the North Central College coaching staff that the Cardinals will not be making the trip to Hyde Park. The game will go down as a forfeit in favor of the Maroons.

Despite the rainy conditions, the University of Chicago Department of Athletics and Recreation had prepared the natural grass pitch and the artificial turf surface at Stagg Field with the expectation of playing the match as scheduled this afternoon.  Unfortunately, North Central was unwilling to make the trip, resulting in the forfeit.

The University of Chicago's first-ever nationally broadcast game will now have to wait, as it was set to be the first University Athletic Association contest in league history to air live on Prime Video.

The women's soccer program will return to action this weekend as the Maroons fly to New York City for a top-25 matchup with #22 NYU in the UAA opener."

CentPA

At the time I'm posting this, neither team has adjusted their YTD season results yet.  I'm not sure what will happen to the official record for each team yet.

Has this ever happened before?