FB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

CardinalAlum

Any CMU fans making the trip to Naperville? Weather looks good for a mid November Chicago area day. Way better than last week!
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: CardinalAlum on November 22, 2022, 11:01:19 PM
Any CMU fans making the trip to Naperville? Weather looks good for a mid November Chicago area day. Way better than last week!

Probably will be a few (players families, I imagine).  Unfortunately I won't be one of them.  I'll be watching the stream tomorrow!
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

Next Man Up

Congrats to Carnegie-Mellon on a great season. The Tartans displayed the most formidable obstacle we at North Central have faced this season, and held us at bay for about 3/4s of the game.

In addition to the team, the C-M fans exhibited an impressive presence, as it looked like almost the entire visiting stands were filled.
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Next Man Up on November 26, 2022, 04:54:37 PM
Congrats to Carnegie-Mellon on a great season. The Tartans displayed the most formidable obstacle we at North Central have faced this season, and held us at bay for about 3/4s of the game.

In addition to the team, the C-M fans exhibited an impressive presence, as it looked like almost the entire visiting stands were filled.

As someone who follows the PAC pretty closely I was happy to see how well the Tartans played. watching CMU's defense this year I knew it would be a closer game than many expected but being in a 1 score game of the Cardinals in the 4th quarter was very impressive.

ADL70

Early Christmas for the Spartan another All-Ohio QB commits joining Kipp and Filips.
https://twitter.com/DetillioSam

OL who reportedly had an offer from D2 Clarion
https://twitter.com/NickPetrucci76/with_replies

C https://twitter.com/gabeprimrose

RB/LB 2nd Team NE Lakes District RB but highlights are all LB
https://twitter.com/OwenBisker

LB 3rd Team All-Ohio
https://twitter.com/RickertJack
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

E.115


ADL70

Quote from: E.115 on February 05, 2023, 01:52:14 PM
Recent interview with CWRU Coach Debs

https://youtu.be/ycIF829gang

Debs says All PAC HM S DJ Wolf will return for covid year.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

tony/troy

Common sense seems to dictate that the PAC is not going to stick with the 11 team conference only schedule format for very long.

One of the programs is openly advertising for week one and two games in 2025. Interesting!!!

Anyone know what is going on??? Picking up one or more new members and going to a divisional format??? Not playing all other members every year??? Present members leaving the PAC???

ADL70

Nice Catch

School is Westminster. If they or any other school is leaving, I don't know where they would logically go.

I have thought that CWRU might return to NCAC as a football affiliate, keeping CMU as its rivalry game, but I have no knowledge if that is being considered. NCAC did accommodate Wabash-DePauw Monon Bell Game before DePauw joined NCAC.

Not playing a full round-robin is less than ideal. In 2017 co-champs CWRU and W&J didn't play one another. In 2016 Thomas More (8-0) won the title without playing runner-up CWRU (7-1). There was a year in NCAC when Kenyon nearly won the title without playing either of the two other contenders.

Only playing conference games limits SoS, which could effect being chosen to host a playoff game.

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

WashJeff68

#5500
I too have thought CWRU might go to NCAC  keeping CMU as a 10th game, but I don't know what this gets them other than perhaps  saving some travel.  I have no real sense about which conference (NCAC or PAC) is stronger, although I 'm sure CWRU moving would benefit the NCAC at the expense of the PAC. I really can't see anyone else having a logical reason for leaving.  I have no clue what Westminster is up to unless they know something about where the PAC is going that no one else is aware of (unlikely).  I've always been a little concerned that one of the current schools in the conference may face some financial difficulties that could effect their athletic programs, although most PAC schools have a high percentage of their students (40% +) playing varsity sports, which makes them dependent on sports producing students.  Certainly not the case for CMU or CWRU.
Older than Springtime...Younger than dirt

Pat Coleman

I've been told that this is from a proposed new schedule but as of the time they filed the open date, it had not been fully approved as of yet.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ADL70

#5502
Via Twitter CWRU has welcomed 21 "Official" first years for the fall. I presume official means money has been deposited.

Of the 21 4 played qb there's a 5th qb commit who apparently hasn't put down a deposit yet.

UPDATE
Sheesh. Today another QB though listed a Ath. Potentially 5 2022 roster qbs could return (4 if Fromberg goes to WR where he played a lot in 2022).

Reported 2023 FYs

Sam DeTillio 5'11 185 Avon Lake OH 1st Team All-Ohio
Tyler Fikis     6' 180  Ft Mill SC 4.56/40 WR or RB?
Andrew Lowe  6'3 205 Macomb MI  PWO Offer from FCS LIU
AJ Rivera   6'2 195 Albuquerque NM
Harrison Steeves-Little 6'1 218 Anchorage AK  ATH
Max Wickland  6'4 182 Gibsonia PA ATH  WR?

Update Lowe now "Official"

And "Officially" report 4 FYs from WPa Mt Lebanon joining 3 FYs from last season. Talk about a pipeline!
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ADL70

Quote from: WashJeff68 on March 17, 2023, 08:41:21 PM
I too have thought CWRU might go to NCAC  keeping CMU as a 10th game, but I don't know what this gets them other than perhaps  saving some travel.  I have no real sense about which conference (NCAC or PAC) is stronger, although I 'm sure CWRU moving would benefit the NCAC at the expense of the PAC. I really can't see anyone else having a logical reason for leaving.  I have no clue what Westminster is up to unless they know something about where the PAC is going that no one else is aware of (unlikely).  I've always been a little concerned that one of the current schools in the conference may face some financial difficulties that could effect their athletic programs, although most PAC schools have a high percentage of their students (40% +) playing varsity sports, which makes them dependent on sports producing students.  Certainly not the case for CMU or CWRU.

NCAC doesn't save CWRU travel. DePauw and Wabash each are two times further from Cleveland than Waynesburg. PAC Football is stronger IMO than NCAC. (Ranked 11th strongest on this site while NCAC ranked 19th) CMU easily handled DePauw their champ in post season last year. What both NCAC and PAC teams benefit if CWRU moves, is a chance at SoS above .500. The benefit of that would be higher ranking to be more likely to host in post season.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

#5504
Gang,

I realize that this is the football board, but I gotta point out that CWRU just won its first ever division 3 national title in ANY team sport by beating Tufts 5-2 in men's tennis.

I can only hope that this will inspire all of CWRU's athletic teams, including its football team, to achieve the same level of success!!!