Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Bmo

#1
Quote from: CruFrenzy on September 09, 2026, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 06, 2026, 01:16:07 AMMcMurry almost blew a 16 point 4th quarter lead. Then held Southwestern on their final drive, then went down for a 37 yard FG late. Final McM 36-26. Lots of big plays in the game tho'. I can see a 5-4 season from them.

I'm going to disagree on the 5-4 prediction but I'm probably more bullish on this years McMurry team than most. It's worth noting they dominated the game despite the final 5.8 to 3.2 yards per play and McMurry's starting QB is on the roster but didn't play. Idk the details there but if he is not injured long term McMurry brought almost everyone back and added a few good transfers... Not sure anyone on their schedule outside of UMHB and HSU will beat them and they might even sneak up on one of the big dogs... (preferably the one on the other side of Abilene).

I watched a little of their game with Southwestern.  They played 3 QBs and alternated throughout. The new transfer from Midwestern St, Roper, looked the best as a physical run threat and passer.  McMurry made it closer than it should have been via sloppy special teams and penalties.
#2
No need to copilot, etchglow built an app for that..

https://etchglow.github.io/index.html
#3
Nice homage to Gibby Haynes.  As bad as it is, I was expecting worse.
#4
Ok, it sounds like Maryville's number is the cost of multiple flights per year.  Remember, the goal here is to make the D3 SEC, not to make any fiscal or logical sense.  I'll stop now, and wait for the next domino to fall,  ;D.
#5
100%.  There certainly are better options for Berry, but that's what gives them leverage.  Maybe they affiliate for football only and drag Maryville and/or Belhaven along.  If ASC wanted long-term stability, this is their shot to put together their best pitch.  (edit - ok, maybe not long-term stability, but it would make for some great storylines while it existed)
#6
If I'm the ASC, I'm reaching out to Trinity and Berry and asking what it would take to create the D3 SEC 8-) .  This is probably the one and only shot at that happening.
#7
More details in this link, for those who don't already follow this blog.

https://d3vbwest.wordpress.com/2026/07/07/southwestern-returns-to-the-scac/

Sounds like Centre and Oglethrope are shopping.  If so, the SAA might be DOA.
#8
Trinity and Southwestern are considered peer institutions in Texas, but it's relatively recent that they have competed in the same conference. Southwestern was NAIA until the mid-1990s, when it originally joined the SCAC. So it's not like a Rhodes/Sewanee thing. No longer having a drivable conference foe might change Trinity's calculus on the SAA.
#9
Is it just me, or is it starting to feel like 2012 all over again?  Is Trinity getting UMHB/St. Thomas'd?
#10
The distance of each school to a Buc-ee's correlates pretty well with season projections.

SchoolLocationNearest Buc-ee'sApproximate Distance (miles)
Berry CollegeRome, GACalhoun, GA22
Trinity UniversitySan Antonio, TXNew Braunfels, TX25
Centre CollegeDanville, KYRichmond, KY33
Southwestern UniversityGeorgetown, TXTemple, TX35
Maryville CollegeMaryville, TNKodak, TN (Sevierville area)38
Sewanee: The University of the SouthSewanee, TNCalhoun, GA80
Millsaps CollegeJackson, MSPass Christian, MS170
Rhodes CollegeMemphis, TNAthens, AL200

#11
 ;) ?

SchoolLocationNearest ZooApproximate Distance (miles)
Berry CollegeRome, GANorth Georgia Wildlife & Safari Park (Cleveland, GA)60
Centre CollegeDanville, KYSalato Wildlife Center (Frankfort, KY)38
Maryville CollegeMaryville, TNZoo Knoxville (Knoxville, TN)18
Millsaps CollegeJackson, MSJackson Zoo (Jackson, MS)2.6
Rhodes CollegeMemphis, TNMemphis Zoo (Memphis, TN)1.5
Sewanee: The University of the SouthSewanee, TNChattanooga Zoo (Chattanooga, TN)45
Southwestern UniversityGeorgetown, TXAustin Zoo (Austin, TX)35
Trinity UniversitySan Antonio, TXSan Antonio Zoo (San Antonio, TX)3.2

#12
I recognized the voices from other Tiger Network presentations.  I had zero issues with the announcing; the stream experience, however, was terrible.
#13
I'm pretty sure the announcers were Trinity announcers/students.  :-[
#14
However, I'm not sure of the accuracy of Hudl.  It shows the Atlanta Falcons on last year's Trinity roster.
#15
According to the Hudl roster, Dorien Hill appears to have transferred into Trinity, along with Jack Kayser from Army and Judson Crocket from TCU.

https://fan.hudl.com/usa/tx/san-antonio/organization/4712/trinity-university/team/12560/mens-varsity-football/roster?ss=2025