In years past Mount Union always had several great players on both sides of the ball. All Americans, all-conference guys were as common as squirrels. We don't have those guys on this team; three left I can think of who would have started. Heidi was the better team. Our QB was great in the second half. It has to be some sort of freak stat that two QB's win after each throwing five interceptions in successive games on the same field.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
#1
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 20, 2026, 04:50:26 PM #2
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 20, 2026, 08:32:01 AM
"A glooming peace this morning with it brings. The Sun for sorrow will not show its head. Go forth and speak of these sad things. Some will be pardoned, and some punished. For never was there a tale of more woe than this of the Purple Raiders and Heildbo." There is no chance, none, zero, Mount Union will change Head Coaches.
#3
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 12, 2026, 06:39:54 PM
You're right Fido. I spoke unwisely. Youthful exuberance. However, now that I've had my drink and had time to reflect, I think I saw Kevin Burke magic! This kid was magic as the Mount Union QB. Miraculous wins against better teams. Today, with a QB who had thrown five interceptions, only one not his fault. Kevin Burke's offense with less than a minute to go, won the game! Kevin Burke was magic as a coach at his home opener.
#4
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 12, 2026, 04:54:47 PM
Hey Fido....how does crow taste? Never had any myself. Wipe the egg off your face before you eat crow.
#5
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
September 12, 2026, 04:47:33 PM
Has a team ever won a game where their QB threw five interceptions? Well, Mount Union just did. This win goes to Coach Kapas and his superb defenders. I just got back from the game. I need a drink.
#6
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
August 30, 2026, 04:01:03 PM
I want to announce the creation of the "Geoff Dartt Fan Club", " with your humble narrator as President. There is gear, shirts, backpacks, keychains, and mugs available for free. You will see me at the main gate, shaking hands, kissing babies, and posing for photo opportunities. I'll have a banner, "Let's Thank Coach Dartt" in purple and white. I'll have a chart detailing the millions of dollars successful football alumni, all friends of Coach Dartt, have donated to Mount Union. Look for me; I'll be dressed in PURPLE.
#7
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
August 29, 2026, 10:14:14 AM
These cheap shots at Coach Dartt upset me. His program, the football team he cares for, has 160 members. One Hundred and Sixty. Any D3 school President in the United States would faint first, then run to the nearest church to thank the Almighty if he was told 160 men and boys are enrolled at his school to participate in football. His mind would spin as he computes the math, his hands would tremble at such good news; he would announce at the next Trustees meeting Coach Geoff Dartt is indispensable to the financial health of the school. Coach Dartt does so much for my beloved Alma Mater, the University of Mount Union; I thank him every time I see him. He's the big man at the adult table because he IS the man now.
#8
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
August 26, 2026, 08:47:13 PM
Since I live nearby, I've had the opportunity to watch a few practices, so I thought I'd share my observations with those who "need to know more." We have size along both lines. I was surprised at the look of the offensive linemen. Big kids everywhere. Coach Dartt works them out. I was also surprised at the size of the wide receivers: tall, rangy, athletic-looking young men. I experienced a moment of waking dream watching Coach 2XGagliardi work with the QBs. Kevin was magic as a player, and is a presence at practice, but he seems to have shrunk to human size.
#9
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
May 25, 2026, 08:55:36 AM
Maybe Davion Grant just couldn't pass up the money. Seems to me he'd be better off in a Mount Union offense, with a great QB, and a wide open passing attack if he has NFL aspirations. Mount Union's pro football connections are substantial, and that would help him get a look. Next man up.
I'm going to swallow hard and root for BW to win the D3 baseball title. Go Raiders softball.
I'm going to swallow hard and root for BW to win the D3 baseball title. Go Raiders softball.
#10
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
April 05, 2026, 11:01:32 AM
I'm getting tired of these cheap shots at Coach Dartt. He's won the OAC every year he's been there. Gone undefeated,10-0. He is at the big table. He is highly respected. The Administration of any small college would love, love, love to have a program that brings in 100 freshmen every year. Ask Wittenberg and about twenty other small colleges in Ohio what they'd give for that kind of consistency in their freshmen classes over the past 10 years. Coach Dartt heads up the program. He has held up the standard and enhanced the brand name.
#11
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
January 15, 2026, 11:58:54 PM
Dorian Grant told me on Wednesday he was returning to Mount Union.
#12
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
January 15, 2026, 06:32:03 AM
Davion Grant is returning to Mount Union.
#13
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
December 28, 2025, 09:56:45 PM
I have to wonder how all these transfers got accepted at JCU? Didn't JCU announce they were leaving the OAC because, sniff, the "academics" were better, or something to the effect their new sister schools were more like them. Wait until a few NCAC members go belly up in the next few years. Wittenburg is on life support, and a few more are so desperate for students anyone who can pay is accepted. The NCAC admins will soon realize JCU is going to, every year, win the conference in nearly every men's and women's sports: basketball, track, wrestling, golf, swimming, cross country, baseball and soccer. NCAC sports is now a one school show.
#14
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
December 18, 2025, 06:06:05 PM
We always hear a lot about transfers when Mount Union loses unexpectedly. Most of it is hot air. A Mount Union degree is recognized, in part, because of the success of the football program. There are about 20,000 Mount Union alumni in northeast Ohio. The name opens doors, especially in Ohio. I have traveled the US extensively and never ceased to be amazed at how well-known Mount Union is. Besides, where else is a receiver going to get a better chance to catch a lot of balls than Mount Union next year? Maybe KB can go make some money, but when he looks back on his career, it will be the Mount Union connection that stands out. Now Mount has both the head coaches of the Philadelphia Eagles and the Penn State Nittany Lions. Wow. Transfer where? For What? Want to be a football coach? Where else?
#15
Region 4 football (Great Lakes-ish) / Re: FB: Ohio Athletic Conference
December 08, 2025, 06:09:58 AM
Ask the thousands of guys who played in the OAC if an OAC title is meaningless? This group of seniors won four OAC Championships and beat a lot of excellent non conference teams. They had a hell of a run. Congratulations to them and their coaching staff. I cant believe I have to root for JCU the rest of the way, but I will.