Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - gobigred425

#1
Nothing to glean I dont think. Defense looks very very good and that is without Aiden McMahon playing a snap all year.

Something interesting to note- unlike the last 3 SJU QBs, I do think the next All American QB is currently on the roster and is a freshman. Whether it is Tracy or Ramler is still to be seen. Both very good.
#2
The good part of NIL was on display at SJU today. When Riley Schwellenbach scores a touchdown, SJU fans can redeem their ticket for a free Dr. Pepper at Kwik Trip. Apparently Riley has struck a deal with DP! Love it, that's what NIL was always supposed to be.
#3
Quote from: repete on September 08, 2026, 02:11:56 PMDidn't the MIAC used to do a coaches poll? Was wondering what they might have thought about GAC.

It seems the MIAC site is a bit thinner these days.

GAC is a bit of a sleeper I think. Their OC is returning after a couple years as the OC at Winona. He was the OC at GAC when they upset SJU a few years back and had some All Americans on offense. Him along with the returning QB who is the obvious #3 best QB in the MIAC. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went 8-2 this year.
#4

Quote from: GusD on September 02, 2026, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: gobigred425 on September 02, 2026, 08:22:39 PMAm I missing something as to why a lot of Midwest schools are moving their game times? Is 90 degree heat really too much for football?

Playing in 90 degree heat can easily cause heat cramps, heat syncope, rhabdomyolysis, or heat stroke. Factor in any humidity and the "feel like" temp can easily approach 100.
And while such conditions are brutal for players, fans can certainly also be effected, especially elderly ones.
So the sensible answer to your question is yes!

We're not all as tough as you gobig. 😏

High school teams in Phoenix, Houston, Miami, etc would never play a game if they were as soft as us Minnesotans!
#5
Am I missing something as to why a lot of Midwest schools are moving their game times? Is 90 degree heat really too much for football?
#6
Quote from: sjusection105 on February 07, 2026, 08:07:18 AM
Quote from: Patrick Coleman on February 06, 2026, 11:15:00 AMYes, St. John's is playing UW-La Crosse to open. It's a home-and-home in 2026 and probably 2028, not 2027.
Outstanding! SJU is finally hearing the fans. Paying the highest season ticket and tailgate lot access in the MIAC the fanbase is sooooo tired of paying top dollar to watch yet another noncompetitive non-conference match up. Win or lose playing a top tier non-conference opponent is a positive for the program. Go Johnnies!
I mean this applies to last year with Morris for sure, but 2024 they played Wartburg non con, 2023 they played Trinity and Whitewater, 2022 they played Whitewater. Over the past few years they have played tough non con. Feel like this is more of a shift for Bethel to really challenge themselves non con.
#7
My sources are telling me SJU has scheduled week 1 game with a top WIAC team. Both MIAC powers are challenging themselves out of the gate.
#8
I have a nephew who played for Herberg and won state title when he was the HC at Rocori. He speaks very highly of him and says he is an elite defensive mind.
#9
Congrats to UWRF! Cool to see. I was a bit peeved at the announcers who said "ultimate underdog" about 150 times. Was not the case to anyone who paid attention to D3 this year. After I watched UWRF-SJU game, I came away saying that team would probably win the whole thing. I was shocked at the size and freakish talent, it looked like an FCS team.

Another note, I was shocked and disappointed in the field conditions for a nat champ game. Players should not be slipping around an ice rink, regardless of temps and snowfall during the week. It was a pathetic showing by Canton and NCAA. You would never ever see that in an FBS playoff game.
#10
Good for Novak. A beloved Johnnie who I wish nothing but the best for! Hopefully he will cut his teeth down in Loras and maybe set himself up to be next in line when Gary retires in 2-3 years.

Plenty of qualified coaches still on staff who can fill his shoes on the field, but his personality and energy will be missed.
#11
Well it appears SJU and Bethel are as good as any team in the country...except for North Central and UWRF which appear to be head and shoulders better than everyone else. Some years I feel that we might finally have some parity, but then remember that D3 football just isn't built for that.
#12
Has Cooper Drews completed a throw past the line of scrimmage today? I fear the Bethel offense full of gimmick plays is not built to play from behind.
#13
UWRF was the best D3 team I have seen in a long long time. Don't be surprised if they win the whole thing. This year was always going to be a little bit of a transition year, but tons of guys coming back and next year could be a legitimate run.

Bummer, we get to cheer for a top 8 team every year. Cheers to the seniors, put together quite the record in their 4 years.
#14
Quote from: sjujohnnie on December 05, 2025, 10:15:57 AMd3football.com has their "Quick Hits" predictions posted. ALL are picking River Falls to win - 4 by 3 scores, 3 by 2 scores, & 1 by 1 score.
Yup. I get picking them to win, they are certainly the favorite. The margins were surprising to me. Hopefully players are keeping receipts.
#15
Looking forward to seeing UWRF's new 70 million facilities they built in 2017. Seems like that is a direct correlation towards their rise to power.

https://youtu.be/xhIKkuV5Z_A?si=ZFjR83fe_kyH7Cbr