FB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

wally_wabash

Quote from: ADL70 on September 24, 2026, 09:57:35 PMWeek 2 Scheduled to play Keystone, definitely a bottom rung D3 team. The game was called at halftime due to weather with W&J up 42-0.

I think they could have played through the weather.  The field being 5 feet underwater, less so.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

ADL70

#6301
The cause wasn't the point, which was they only played one half.

W&J headline "Football Defeats Keystone 42-0 in Home Opener, Game Called Early Following Delay Caused by Heavy Storms"

What caused the five feet of water, but the weather?

Your distinction is meaningless.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Patrick Coleman

Greg -- I guess it doesn't pay to try to be funny on the PAC board?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ADL70

#6303
Sorry I missed the emoji
But that didn't make it funny
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ADL70

Quote from: SFUkindaFan on September 24, 2026, 07:18:04 PMSFU just released their 2 deep.
4 of 5 starting O-linemen are freshmen.  The one returner played a decent amount last year. Some players on the line are playing on both sides of the ball. They have two good receivers/TEs that both played on last year's team and one is a 5th year senior.  Starting QB is apparently a Clarion transfer.

The defense looks pretty good, actually.  For sure some of those guys are on scholarships.  DL has a returning starter (Brown). Lewis at Safety started the first four games and got hurt.  A couple other guys that were reserves/ played special teams last year.

I think we will be fine until we lose a lineman to injury. As soon as that happens, we are in trouble. The defense should be good and the skill players on offense should be fine. If we had a couple more linemen we could compete, but I can't see us winning a game this year....best case scenario 1-7

Thanks for the info.
Unlike Oberlin which has players starting on both O and D. At least on paper, StF only has some cross-polinazation among the backups
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ADL70

#6305
Filips broke his collarbone last week. Out six weeks was reported.

6 weeks is Grove City
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that.

Such bad luck with injuries two straight years.

We definitely are not the same team without him at QB.
CWRU Grad, Class of 1994, big D3 sports fan of that school.  Also a fan of Yeshiva U at the D3 level.  Fan of Houston and Illinois at the D1-FBS level.

Patrick Coleman

Quote from: ADL70 on September 25, 2026, 11:44:54 PMSorry I missed the emoji
But that didn't make it funny

That's just your opinion, man.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

HCAlum86

Anyone have a take on SFU? I know they had a 30 point loss, but there's some decent teams that could find themselves down to GC by 4+ scores...
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

SFUkindaFan

Quote from: HCAlum86 on September 28, 2026, 11:31:40 AMAnyone have a take on SFU? I know they had a 30 point loss, but there's some decent teams that could find themselves down to GC by 4+ scores...

I watched the entire game.  I would assume SFU would be better than Oberlin, but if I had to bet I would put my money on Hiram.  SFU's offense didn't make a ton of mistakes and did pretty decent on pass blocking which was a positive. They didn't run the ball well and the line couldn't open up holes.  Qb play was ok and the WRs were ok too. Nothing catastrophic, just a bunch of 6 play 15 yard drives and a punt.

Defense came out slow but was decent after the first two series (10 points).  I was surprised how well GCC passed on us as I figured that would be our strong suit.



Bison Bill

Bethany still just has way too many penalties and silly mistakes.

If we get that cleaned up then we would be a much better team.

It's not just regular penalties either. It's stuff not showing up in stats. A stupid penalty that didn't effect the outcome of the play bringing back touchdowns and taking away interceptions (roughing passer etc)

Yes Geneva was probably better but that game was a lot more evenly matched than the score would indicate.

HCAlum86

Quote from: Bison Bill on Yesterday at 09:47:00 AMBethany still just has way too many penalties and silly mistakes.

If we get that cleaned up then we would be a much better team.

It's not just regular penalties either. It's stuff not showing up in stats. A stupid penalty that didn't effect the outcome of the play bringing back touchdowns and taking away interceptions (roughing passer etc)

Yes Geneva was probably better but that game was a lot more evenly matched than the score would indicate.

To be fair, I haven't seen Bethany play yet... but I think you may be underselling how good this Geneva team is, especially relative to the middle-bottom PAC teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Geneva beat Westminster and at least play W&J close. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and, again, to be fair, you saw both teams play and I didn't
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

ADL70

Geneva has long been the best of the rest, but unable to beat the top tier teams until they beat CWRU in Coach DeMarco's farewell game in 2025. CWRU and Geneva have a common non-conference opponent, Shenandoah. CWRU beat them in a shootout 48-41. Geneva lost 14-48. Last season Geneva only lost 28-29. I don't see them challenging the top tier this season. Curiously, CWRU and Geneva don't meet this season.

Allegheny and Hiram are undefeated. Allegheny has a conference wins over St Vincent and Waynesburg, but is idle this week. Hiram and Bethany have a common opponent in Thiel. Hiram won 32-19. Bethany won 52-9.

Gators beat Waynesburg who lost to Westminster by a point missing a PAT and a very makeable FG. Allegheny seems to me to be better than Westminster, who seem to be falling from the top 4. We'll see Saturday when they host CWRU.

The other game that interests me in SFU vs Hiram, which will tell us more about the Red Wolves than the GC game.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite