FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWO Titan 78 and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

NCC_alum62

WOW IWU taking out Wheaton is a hell of a win for a program struggling this year.

Cardinals take the lead on a Kam Kniss rushing TD 2:42 left in game

28-21

Steve Holden running the ball well against Elmhurst late in the game

dtown2


NCC_alum62

Auggieover Millikin is no surprise, but shutting them out 23-0?  Yikes...Auggie playing really well this season (on paper for me since I haven't seen them play since last year)

The D seems dominant and the runnning game as always playing very well

Augie6

Any details on Augie's shutout against Millikin?  Based on how their defense is playing, it could be Augie's year.  WHAT A SHOCKER!  with IWU beating Wheaton.
Augie Football:  CCIW Champions:  1949-66-68-75-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-88-90-91-93-94-97-99-01-05-06     NCAA Champions:  1983-84-85-86

dtown2

Millikin couldn't get anything going. Augi looked VERY good.. Held Wallick to 29 yards, (YES, 29 YARDS) while Augi countered with over 350 on the ground. Albin couldn't get going with only 99 yards in the air.

Augi fans should feel good about a solid win against an ok Millikin team in Decatur.

wheaty

Maybe I am missing something but why in the world is Chupp left in at quarterback with 13 interceptions?  Has this ever been tollerated at any level higher than Pee-wee football with the exception of Dan Price, RB for wheaton a few years ago, with 13 fumbles on the season?!

Mugsy

I'd say Augie is looking very tough to beat.  Looks like their defense is dominating, which is very dangerous combination with the ever present running game.  Nov. 5th against NCC in Rock Island is looming LARGE!
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

NCC_alum62

46.7 Seconds NCC takes over on downs and will win a tough one at Elmhurst

dtown2

 Possibly Holding the CCIW's top running back Nathan Wallick, to 29 yards is something to be very happy about. Running for 350 is good too. The defense is getting scary looking, espescially from what we saw today down in Decatur...

Game ball goes to Augi's D

NCC_alum62

Final at Elmhurst 28-21 NCC goes 7-0
wins three straight homecoming games in 3 weeks

IWU
thier own
Elmhurst

dansand

The box score has Wallick with 18 yards on 15 carries.  Obviously another great effort by the defense. I'm a little concerned that I don't see Mike Guzman in the box score. Hopefully nothing too serious. I hope Elmhurst's performance against the Cardinals today gets Augie's attention. Today's game worried me a lot but it sounds like they played well on both sides of the ball and got an excellent win against a very solid Big Blue team.

Mugsy

Quote from: wheaty on October 22, 2005, 05:08:42 PM
Maybe I am missing something but why in the world is Chupp left in at quarterback with 13 interceptions?  Has this ever been tollerated at any level higher than Pee-wee football with the exception of Dan Price, RB for wheaton a few years ago, with 13 fumbles on the season?!

While Chupp hasn't played to the same level he did last year (in part because he doesn't have the 2 stud receivers he had last year, and yes... he's forcing a lot of throws), I'd put some of the responsibility on the receivers.  They were shutdown by Elmhurst db's last week.  They seem to be having trouble getting off the defenders, and aren't making the big plays.  If Bazacas & Thornton weren't hurt, I wonder if Wheaton would have been throwing the ball so much.  Still Black carried the ball over 30 times for over 100 yards.  I don't know...
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

NCC_alum62

NCC has another huge game next week before they can even think about Auggie...the Big Blue will come ready to play and the Cardinal D has been suspect against the run at times...but the game is at home and the D played really well against Elmhurst...points off Cardinal mistakes made the game a nailbiter...

wheaty

Quote from: Mugsy on October 22, 2005, 05:15:24 PM
Quote from: wheaty on October 22, 2005, 05:08:42 PM
Maybe I am missing something but why in the world is Chupp left in at quarterback with 13 interceptions?  Has this ever been tollerated at any level higher than Pee-wee football with the exception of Dan Price, RB for wheaton a few years ago, with 13 fumbles on the season?!

While Chupp hasn't played to the same level he did last year (in part because he doesn't have the 2 stud receivers he had last year, and yes... he's forcing a lot of throws), I'd put some of the responsibility on the receivers.  They were shutdown by Elmhurst db's last week.  They seem to be having trouble getting off the defenders, and aren't making the big plays.  If Bazacas & Thornton weren't hurt, I wonder if Wheaton would have been throwing the ball so much.  Still Black carried the ball over 30 times for over 100 yards.  I don't know...

thanks for the reply.  Have you been able to go to any of the games?  I finished my senior year of football last year with the Thunder and have been subjected to the torture of listening to the games instead of seeing them live.  What a differnce a year makes...sadly. So the intercetions have been a combined effort by Chupp and the recievers?  By the way, I love chupp...extremely nice guy and quality individual...just struggling a little with his game this year.

devildog29

wow, congrats to my titans on a huge upset today.  the crusading thunder have been dominating this series over the last 15 to 20 years, so it's nice to see something positive happen this year when everything else seems to be nothing but negative.  mugsy, i know you said the difference was the turnovers on the wheaton side, but we'll take whatever we can get at this point in the season.
Hail, Hail, the gang's all here, all out for Wesleyan!