FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Tradition and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

RedBear1107

Congrats to the Titans on the win.  Wheaton played a tough, classy game as they always do, and I give them credit for that.
Illinois Wesleyan Titan Football: CCIW Champs - 1948, 1951, 1964, 1965, 1974, 1977, 1980, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2007, 2009

oldnuthin

My guy was not -playing today for Millikin so I went with a friend to see the his son play for IWU against wheaton. What a great game! Wheaton had all the momemtum in the first half after Ladd Got knocked out but boy did IWUs ground game kick in in the second half. The middle of the IWU line imposed its will upon  the Wheaton defense and it made all the difference. Wheaton was very impressive with their running in the second half. the Wheaton OC seemed to know what IWU was going to do on key third downs had answered with some inspired play calls. I am not sure who the Wheaton QB was throwing to on the pick in the endzone. I was standing in the opposite endzone and all I saw was a green jersey, maybe the receiver fell down but definitely a key turning point in the game. Kudos to both teams very classy during the game and after.


hyrooster

Congrats to the Titans for being the only CCIW rep to the playoffs! Sorry NPU but i just don't think you have the ability to change the obvious.

I believe common sense says that NC's loss to ONU (also ranked and with 2 loses) is going hurt any chance they have for an at large bid. As much as i hope i'm wrong i don't see more than 1 two loss team from one region making the playoffs.

Any good info to prove my thoughts wrong appreciated.   

HScoach

Quote from: hyrooster on November 08, 2009, 08:41:15 AM
Congrats to the Titans for being the only CCIW rep to the playoffs! Sorry NPU but i just don't think you have the ability to change the obvious.

I believe common sense says that NC's loss to ONU (also ranked and with 2 loses) is going hurt any chance they have for an at large bid. As much as i hope i'm wrong i don't see more than 1 two loss team from one region making the playoffs.

Any good info to prove my thoughts wrong appreciated.   

And conversely, NCC's inability to win the CCIW will probably cost Ohio Northern a Pool C bid.  If NCC had been 9-1 and the champs of the CCIW, I would have really liked ONU's chances of getting in with 2 losses over some 9-1 teams from lesser conferences.  Now, not so much.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

FormerCard

Quote from: hyrooster on November 08, 2009, 08:41:15 AM
Congrats to the Titans for being the only CCIW rep to the playoffs! Sorry NPU but i just don't think you have the ability to change the obvious.

I believe common sense says that NC's loss to ONU (also ranked and with 2 loses) is going hurt any chance they have for an at large bid. As much as i hope i'm wrong i don't see more than 1 two loss team from one region making the playoffs.

Any good info to prove my thoughts wrong appreciated.   

If NPU isnt able to pull off an upset, then congrats to IWU, you earned it.

In the scheme of things though, it would be great for the conference to get 2 representatives every year.  I think most people associated with the CCIW (including me) liked seeing Wheaton get in last year.
Go Cards

Mugsy

Whoa... finally logged back on this morning after the pain of yesterday - just couldn't deal with it.  Noticed the score of the Elmhurst/Millikin game... 36-34 Millikin victory in 3 OT's.

I would list Millikin as the surprise team of 09' if they win next week and finish 7-3.  Yes... IWU will have at least a share of the CCIW title, ah... who am I kidding, they will.  But that doesn't surprise me as much.  2nd to Millikin would be NCC's finishing with 2 losses.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

oldnuthin

You beat me to it Mugsy. Millikin will have it first over 500 season in 6 years. I know they had a large freshman class and I am hopeful that Keith will ne including the big blue in a turnaround article in the next year or two.

usee

Congrats to the Titans for huge back to back wins that all but seal their first playoff appearance since 1996.

Looking ahead to the playoff matchups (because we can do that here), if the season ended today I think this is the North:

1. UWW (MUC goes east)
2. Wittenberg
3. Mt St Joseph
4. CWRU
5. IWU
6 Wabash
7. Trine
8. West pool C (st norberts/Coe)

moving west pool C to north allows for easy first round of St Norberts to UWW. IWU should be pulling for Thomas More to beat Mt St Joseph this week as that would move IWU up to at least a 4 seed and host a game. Right now the seeds would have IWU travelling to Ohio to play CWRU. They could host wabash, Mt St Joes, or Trine depending on the results this weekend.


Titan Q

A home playoff game on Nov. 21 would set up an exciting weekend on IWU's campus.  Nov. 21-22 (Sat, Sun) the Titan basketball team hosts a tournament featuring two-time defending national champion Wash U.

Mr. Ypsi

New poll is out:

14. IWU
16. NCC
21. Wheaton

iwu4ever

Quote from: USee on November 08, 2009, 01:05:17 PM
Congrats to the Titans for huge back to back wins that all but seal their first playoff appearance since 1996.

Looking ahead to the playoff matchups (because we can do that here), if the season ended today I think this is the North:

1. UWW (MUC goes east)
2. Wittenberg
3. Mt St Joseph
4. CWRU
5. IWU
6 Wabash
7. Trine
8. West pool C (st norberts/Coe)

moving west pool C to north allows for easy first round of St Norberts to UWW. IWU should be pulling for Thomas More to beat Mt St Joseph this week as that would move IWU up to at least a 4 seed and host a game. Right now the seeds would have IWU travelling to Ohio to play CWRU. They could host wabash, Mt St Joes, or Trine depending on the results this weekend.


aren't you forgetting an AQ for the conference that Aurora is in?

usee

You are correct. I did forget about Concordia, IL. They are the likely 8 seed and sacrificial lamb to the #1 seed. all else should be the same. Thanks for the correction.

footballde

Have been away past couple months.  What happened to Phil Pedi at Elmhurst as QB.   See that he played at the start of year but no longer playing.  Is he injured?

79jaybird

What an exciting yet painful game at Elmhurst.  I have to tip my hat to Millikin Coach Neibuhr and his players for never giving up hope when it was 21-7 late  and battling, battling, and battling back to even up the score and win.
Same storyline for Elmhurst which will make it easy for the Jays to focus on what needs improvement in the off season.

I thought we were gearing up for a fairy tale finish when Lomnicki was going for the OT FG to win.  Tyler has had a great career at Elmhurst and I was pulling for him to win it on Senior Day. 

How about IWU?  Everybody talked about Wheaton, NC, etc.  and the Titans were the ones "not talked about".    I have mentioned many times ont he broadcasts to keep your eyes on the Green/White because they were laden with upperclassmen.

VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION