FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearDaBird and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

New Tradition

Pat,

The new football home looks stellar.  Nice work!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

Titan Q


79jaybird

Like the new design Pat.  Good job.  :)

FYI- The Elmhurst vs. Chicago game can be heard locally on
88.7 FM WRSE 

I think this is going to be a close, game with a lot of scoring.  I also think EC better come ready to play and not think this is going to be an easy W like the last 7 meetings.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

usee

The bluejays should hope this is not a high scoring game or it does not bode well for CCIW play. I think the Bluejay defense on paper has a chance to be top 3 in the conference. My concern for conference play is where their points are going to come from. If Chicag scored at will on them I can only imagine what the conference will do. I expect elmhurst to hold U of C to 14 or less.

matblake


matblake

I'm interested in seeing how Wheaton performs this week.  With game one under their belt, I expect some more TD's rather than field goal attempts.  Platteville shouldn't be underestimated.  Although they haven't played top notch competition, they are still 2-0.  WIAC teams are always tough. 

Tailgater

WOW! Nice job Pat and  D3 staff. The new layout and overall look is really top notch. Took me a while to find my way around the new neighborhood, but after clicking on every link I think I can find my way home now. Got stuck looking for "post patterns". A good link name.....may it rest in peace.

Son of Tailgater

Quote from: Tailgater on September 18, 2010, 11:37:08 AM
WOW! Nice job Pat and  D3 staff. The new layout and overall look is really top notch. Took me a while to find my way around the new neighborhood, but after clicking on every link I think I can find my way home now. Got stuck looking for "post patterns". A good link name.....may it rest in peace.

You beat me to it but yes great design and easier to navigate than the old format. Great improvements D3 Staff!


usee

Elmhurst and Wheaton have live video as well

usee

Augie 21 Adrian 7 FInal

Augie finds a running game wiht 47 rushes for 192 yds. Wood played and had 54 on 16 attempts and Alex Hebrey had 20 att for 108 yds. David lee threw for 100 yds on 9-16-2

Tailgater

Evan Jones having a great day for Carthage. 16-28 for 346 yards and 3 TDs in the first half. He has thrown 2 INTs which is a little troubling. I suppose if you throw the ball as much as Carthage does you're going get some picked off now and then. Defense is playing well. Gave up no first downs until 5 minutes left in the half. Seven penalties in the first half might be a little troubling for the Carthage Coaching staff.

usee

Final in Michigan

NCC 52 Olivet 9

NCC w 521 yds offense to 153 for Olivet. Spencer Stanek threw 2 INT's in the first quarter and was pulled for Brad Crackel, who wen 13-17 for 191 yds and 3 td's. Jordan Tassio ran for 105 yds on 19 attempts. Wenger with 9 tackles including a sack and 2 tackle for loss.

Tailgater

Quote from: USee on September 18, 2010, 04:16:42 PM
Final in Michigan

NCC 52 Olivet 9

NCC w 521 yds offense to 153 for Olivet. Spencer Stanek threw 2 INT's in the first quarter and was pulled for Brad Crackel, who wen 13-17 for 191 yds and 3 td's. Jordan Tassio ran for 105 yds on 19 attempts. Wenger with 9 tackles including a sack and 2 tackle for loss.

Is that Brad Crackel from Oswego East High School? If it is that's awesome. I've wondered if he went on to play anywhere. He was a 3 year starting QB at Oswego East.

Tailgater

#20564
Carthage completes a very impressive non-conference schedule 3-0. A big win to open up against Franklin who may find themselves nationally ranked by seasons end. A tough battle and over-time win over Lakeland that has become an annual nail bitter. A solid performance today, as was expected against Concordia, on both sides of the ball. Defense played solid with 5 take-aways and limited Concordia to 3 first downs (one by penalty) and holding the Falcons to 0-14 on third down conversions. Defense gave up only 85 total yards on the day. Evan Jones throws 21-38, 428 yards and 4 Tds (could have been 6 TDs) in only 2 1/2 qtrs. Carthage racked up 590 total offensive yards. Penalties might be the big issue going into conference play. 14 penalties today will hurt you in CCIW play. Particularly against NCC. The Red Men have 2 weeks to prepare for a big conference opener down in Naperville. That could be the game of the week in the CCIW. Both teams look like they can score a lot of points. The Red Men are playing with a lot of confidence, they've been able to get a lot of playing time for the reserves and they are relatively healthy coming off the non-conference schedule. The bye week could help them or hurt them. Not sure how to gauge that. When you're playing well you want to keep on playing, but having 2 weeks to prepare for Nationally ranked NCC might be extremely helpful. Can't wait for the CCIW opener!!