FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

ncc_fan

Quote from: Stagg or Bust on September 24, 2011, 09:25:23 AM
As a fan of DIII football, I am elated that [North Central] decided to enter into what I hope will be a long-time partnership with Redlands.  There are not enough inter-region games nationally.  The only schools which regularly are willing to travel are Hardin-Simmons, Mary Hardin Baylor, as well as a couple of the west coast schools.  Games like the NCC v. Redlands matchup will help teams like Redlands get the attention it deserves comes playoff selection time.

I, too, would like to see NCC and Redlands in an extended partnership.  I suspect that the presidents of the two schools will have a big say about whether that happens; they helped initiate the current agreement, and of course they have ultimate control of the purse strings.  NCC will have to decide whether the benefits in recruiting and alumni relations (and football) are worth the cost of a bi-annual flight to southern California.  For Redlands cost may be a lesser issue, as their non-conference series always involve long-distance travel.

From this fan's perspective, week 1 (a.k.a. Labor Day weekend) is the perfect time for the game:  if you're going to follow your team to southern California (or Chicago) then let it be on a long weekend!

Patrick Coleman

No, of course, clearly there wasn't a contract, but Coe thought it had an agreement.

And Stagg or Bust -- I don't believe anything you said contradicts what I believed, so I'm not sure why you singled me out.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

LETS ROLL

Wheaton up 29-0 over Olivet at the half, although very sloppy game thus far for the thunder.

MasterJedi

Congrats on the good win North Park! Is it time for them to make a run at the divison?  ;) Or maybe just win a few CCIW games?

tjcummingsfan

I wish I had a better idea of Wash U's football heritage to know how to gauge this.  I'd certainly be pumped if this was a NP basketball win over Wash U.  Regardless, North Park finishes the non-conference schedule with a 3-0 record.  I'd love to see a CCIW win, but I'm certainly not going to expect anything.  I've seen NP 3-0 before and watched them lose 7 CCIW games quite easily. 

Gregory Sager

North Park 13
Washington MO 10

Excellent win over a solid opponent by the Vikings. It was a nailbiter throughout, but a pair of late interceptions by Andrew Saltzman and Cicero Porter, the latter coming with a half-minute left, cemented the win for NPU.

My apologies for the lack of audio today, but we had some technical difficulties.

NPU enters CCIW play next week sporting a 3-0 record, the first time that the Vikings have done so since 2005.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gregory Sager

Quote from: tjcummingsfan on September 24, 2011, 04:35:17 PM
I wish I had a better idea of Wash U's football heritage to know how to gauge this.  I'd certainly be pumped if this was a NP basketball win over Wash U.  Regardless, North Park finishes the non-conference schedule with a 3-0 record.  I'd love to see a CCIW win, but I'm certainly not going to expect anything.  I've seen NP 3-0 before and watched them lose 7 CCIW games quite easily.

EH, Wash U is a good team. The Bears came in 2-1, with their loss being a three-point defeat at the hands of nationally-ranked Wittenberg last week. I watched that game; Wash U played Witt even-up, and even had more total yards than Witt.

This is a solid win for NPU, no two ways about it.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

mr_b

Congratulations to North Park on its win over Wash U!  The Vikings made some big plays, including two rally-killing interceptions (one in the endzone to stifle a scoring drive at the end of the first half, the other to quell another drive at the end of the game) and a Krebs-to-Cochiaro TD for 52 yards.

Dennis_Prikkel

I am determined to be wise, but this was beyond me.

bigz61550

Quote from: ncc_fan on September 24, 2011, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: Stagg or Bust on September 24, 2011, 09:25:23 AM
As a fan of DIII football, I am elated that [North Central] decided to enter into what I hope will be a long-time partnership with Redlands.  There are not enough inter-region games nationally.  The only schools which regularly are willing to travel are Hardin-Simmons, Mary Hardin Baylor, as well as a couple of the west coast schools.  Games like the NCC v. Redlands matchup will help teams like Redlands get the attention it deserves comes playoff selection time.

I, too, would like to see NCC and Redlands in an extended partnership.  I suspect that the presidents of the two schools will have a big say about whether that happens; they helped initiate the current agreement, and of course they have ultimate control of the purse strings.  NCC will have to decide whether the benefits in recruiting and alumni relations (and football) are worth the cost of a bi-annual flight to southern California.  For Redlands cost may be a lesser issue, as their non-conference series always involve long-distance travel.

From this fan's perspective, week 1 (a.k.a. Labor Day weekend) is the perfect time for the game:  if you're going to follow your team to southern California (or Chicago) then let it be on a long weekend!

I can definitely see the alumni benefit, but does NCC recruit or plan to recruit west coast?    Who pays transportation cost for a team traveling that far?   It would seem to be hard to justify for an extended period of time.

Mr. Ypsi

Congratulations to North Park on a win over a very solid WashU team - you beat them by the same margin as ranked Wittenberg!  NPU will NOT go 0-7 in the CCIW this year.  (Yeah, I know I've predicted that 3 or 4 years in a row, but THIS year they will finally break through.  Just, I hope, not on October 8th!)

Titan Q

Quote from: bigz61550 on September 24, 2011, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: ncc_fan on September 24, 2011, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: Stagg or Bust on September 24, 2011, 09:25:23 AM
As a fan of DIII football, I am elated that [North Central] decided to enter into what I hope will be a long-time partnership with Redlands.  There are not enough inter-region games nationally.  The only schools which regularly are willing to travel are Hardin-Simmons, Mary Hardin Baylor, as well as a couple of the west coast schools.  Games like the NCC v. Redlands matchup will help teams like Redlands get the attention it deserves comes playoff selection time.

I, too, would like to see NCC and Redlands in an extended partnership.  I suspect that the presidents of the two schools will have a big say about whether that happens; they helped initiate the current agreement, and of course they have ultimate control of the purse strings.  NCC will have to decide whether the benefits in recruiting and alumni relations (and football) are worth the cost of a bi-annual flight to southern California.  For Redlands cost may be a lesser issue, as their non-conference series always involve long-distance travel.

From this fan's perspective, week 1 (a.k.a. Labor Day weekend) is the perfect time for the game:  if you're going to follow your team to southern California (or Chicago) then let it be on a long weekend!

I can definitely see the alumni benefit, but does NCC recruit or plan to recruit west coast?    Who pays transportation cost for a team traveling that far?   It would seem to be hard to justify for an extended period of time.

I think when he referred to "benefits in recruiting" he meant the ability to tell recruits, "Every 2 years we take a trip to California..."  I think that is a legitimate point.

Mugsy

#23352
Wheaton beat Olivet 49-15.  Far from Wheaton's best effort.  Still a comfortable win.   

Wheaton recorded 511 yards of offense in today's game as the Thunder ran for 336 yards and passes for 175. Olivet had 229 total yards, with 130 yards on the ground and 99 passing yards. 

Sophomore tailback Justin Swider ran for a career-high 128 yards in his first collegiate start with two touchdown runs. Swider carried the ball 12 times for an average of 10.7 yards per carry. Freshman Jesse Geary had 10 carries for 64 yards, with one touchdown run and David Sjelin ran for 60 yards on six carries.

Olivet's 31st straight loss, Wheaton's 29th straight non-conference win.    Wheaton will need to play much better next week.

That said Coach Swider and staff will have the team ready to go for the CCIW slate.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Mugsy on September 24, 2011, 10:20:01 PM
Wheaton beat Olivet 49-15.  Far from Wheaton's best effort.  Still a comfortable win.   

Wheaton recorded 511 yards of offense in today's game as the Thunder ran for 336 yards and passes for 175. Olivet had 229 total yards, with 130 yards on the ground and 99 passing yards. 

Sophomore tailback Justin Swider ran for a career-high 128 yards in his first collegiate start with two touchdown runs. Swider carried the ball 12 times for an average of 10.7 yards per carry. Freshman Jesse Geary had 10 carries for 64 yards, with one touchdown run and David Sjelin ran for 60 yards on six carries.

Olivet's 31st straight loss, Wheaton's 29th straight non-conference win.    Wheaton will need to play much better next week.

That said Coach Swider and staff will have the team ready to go for the CCIW slate.

True.  Here's hoping they don't! ;D

Sorry for such lame 'trash talk'! ;)

Mugsy

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 24, 2011, 10:34:20 PM
Quote from: Mugsy on September 24, 2011, 10:20:01 PM
Wheaton beat Olivet 49-15.  Far from Wheaton's best effort.  Still a comfortable win.   

Wheaton recorded 511 yards of offense in today's game as the Thunder ran for 336 yards and passes for 175. Olivet had 229 total yards, with 130 yards on the ground and 99 passing yards. 

Sophomore tailback Justin Swider ran for a career-high 128 yards in his first collegiate start with two touchdown runs. Swider carried the ball 12 times for an average of 10.7 yards per carry. Freshman Jesse Geary had 10 carries for 64 yards, with one touchdown run and David Sjelin ran for 60 yards on six carries.

Olivet's 31st straight loss, Wheaton's 29th straight non-conference win.    Wheaton will need to play much better next week.

That said Coach Swider and staff will have the team ready to go for the CCIW slate.

True.  Here's hoping they don't! ;D

Sorry for such lame 'trash talk'! ;)

No need for apology.  The CCIW season is starting.  Time to take the Green Weenies down on the first night game on turf for a CCIW game in Bloomington.  :P
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019